Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Xcart Mods by babyMonkeyStudios - Mike White

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 09-04-2012, 05:38 AM

X-Guru

Default Xcart Mods by babyMonkeyStudios - Mike White

Hi guys, Mike White here. I am going to be releasing some X-cart Mods to the community, and I don't yet have a place to collect/showcase them. Therefore I am starting this thread.

I am fairly new to the module development world, I usually only do custom work for individual clients. So this will be an experiment.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Manufacturers Carousel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This module creates a moving carousel for your manufacturers. It allows you to leverage the manufacturers you carry in your store, and provides a nice interface that you can use to display them. Your manufacturer thumbnai images are displayed on a moving strip, with links to click through to each manufacturer page. Grab your vistor's attention, and spice up the design of your page by adding some movement!

Screenshots:
1.) Customer Side:http://forum.x-cart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3182&d=1346769025-Carousel displayed above footer, minimal skin

2.) Admin Side: http://forum.x-cart.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3183&stc=1&d=134676972 7

Demo site, customer side only: http://trainingpen.com/manufacturers_carousel/

Xcart Versions supported: 4.4.X, 4.5.X Tested in 4.4.4 and 4.5.2

Price: $50.00 Optional Installation: $50.00 - detailed DIY instructions are included. Self installation is encouraged!

Purchasing:
I am currently building a site to sell my modules and others. It will be a comprehensive resource for Xcart users to turn to, featuring lots of free content and tips. Until then:

Place your order using PayPal here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Q2EEBBUB2279Q
In the order notes (second page after donation amount and login), include the module you are purchasing, your website address where you plan to install the module, your version of X-cart, and email address if different than your PayPal address. If you want installation, we will need to communicate offline for you to get me your access info. Just enter the amount you want to pay, including the price for the module/modules you are purchasing and the installation fees if necessary.

After I have received your payment I will email the purchased modules to you within 24-48 hours, sooner if possible. Please be patient, you are receiving something that took many hours to develop. I understand the urgency to "test" and see if it will work for your needs. I am currently just a small one man operation, and my hours are 9-5 M-F GMT -5 (eastern time).

If you see a module that you want but it is not for your version just PM me or drop me an email. I can also custom code modules and make modifications upon request. My current hourly rate for custom development is $50 an hour.

About the author: Mike White is a proficient PHP programmer who has dedicated his (work) life to working with the X-cart platform. You can reach him at mike at babymonkeystudios.com or 1.888.325.0974 ext 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minimal-carousel-footer.jpg (26.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg carousel-admin-settings.jpg (89.6 KB, 44 views)
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following 5 users thank totaltec for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-19-2012), cflsystems (09-04-2012), Emerson (09-04-2012), gb2world (09-05-2012), tartaglia (09-05-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 06:27 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Xcart Mods by babyMonkeyStudios - Mike White

{** Reserving this post **}
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru

Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 AM

X-Man

Great Mike. I wish you good luck with your new assignment selling XC stuff. Be good!
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
totaltec (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 AM

Veteran

So one more added to the XC devs. Good luck. More choices for XC users to buy 3rd party mods and improve their stores...

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
totaltec (09-04-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 AM

X-Adept

Mike,

Great Start! I look forward to hearing more about your mods. I know they will be well developed, well documented and well supported, cause that's the way you roll!
LiteCommerce v2.2.41 (previous 6 years)

The following user thanks tartaglia for this useful post:
totaltec (09-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2014, 02:37 AM

X-Adept

Is this manufacturers carousel still for sale? I need one for 4.6.1 and it needs to be responsive.

Thanks

Dan

and

The following user thanks DanUK for this useful post:
totaltec (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 02:52 AM

X-Guru

Dan,
It's not really available as a mod that you can install yourself, but I think it would only take me a couple hours to make it responsive and compatible with your version. So yes, in a way it is for sale, I can implement it directly on your site for you, or work with you to get it done.

I'd expect it to take around 2 hours. Shoot me an email or skype and we can discuss.

XcartGuru

Old 12-05-2014, 04:48 AM

X-Adept

Thanks, I'll let you know if I need it.

and

Old 12-05-2014, 05:22 AM

Advanced Member

Mike made me an xcart 5 module, it came out great, he responded and got it done right away, price was right, he is very friendly and professional, great to work with, and all went really well, much easier than I expected,

THANKS MIKE

The following 2 users thank SignTorch for this useful post:
tony_sologubov (12-09-2014), totaltec (12-05-2014)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4