Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM

eXpert

Default Re: NEW xcart template - xtreme Gear

I learned from other 3rd party developers that this template is not compatible with some AJAX functionality.
Am I going to have problems with any other 3rd part mods that make use of AJAX ?

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 07-24-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso
When you click on "ask a question about this product" a pop-up window appears.
Unfortunately, the "x" for closing the window on the top RH corner is missing.
Anyone else having issues with this template and or developer ?

I've been using this template for a few months now and just noticed a similar problem. The "ask a question..." is fine but on the Checkout Page when you click on the existing customer "sign in" link, in IE the RH corner "x" is missing but it shows up in Firefox and Chrome. I have no idea how to fix it.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:06 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather@MX1
I've been using this template for a few months now and just noticed a similar problem. The "ask a question..." is fine but on the Checkout Page when you click on the existing customer "sign in" link, in IE the RH corner "x" is missing but it shows up in Firefox and Chrome. I have no idea how to fix it.
I can confirm. Pop up windows in IE don't show the "x" while iPad (safari) and others just work fine.
It might be a problem with Ajax?

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
xCMS, Create-A-Sale, On-Sale AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z BCSE, Product-Bundle BCSE, Pre-Order BCSE, Customer Quotes BCSE
Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso
I can confirm. Pop up windows in IE don't show the "x" while iPad (safari) and others just work fine.
It might be a problem with Ajax?

I have tested it under IE version 8 and 9 and have seen the "X" on the right had corner to close that popup window.

Can you say which version of IE have you used to test?

One issue that i have experienced is when you click on "Be the first to review/rate this product" it take you to the home page instead of the "Customer Feedback" tab on the product page.

Can you check to see if you are having this issue also?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
I have tested it under IE version 8 and 9 and have seen the "X" on the right had corner to close that popup window.

Can you say which version of IE have you used to test?

Hi, don't mean to hijack this thread, but would like to add that I have tested this template using IE 7 and 8 and in both browsers the pop-up box does show the RH "x"

When the "x" stops appearing in ANY of the pop-up boxes (ask a question/shipping estimator on cart page/customer sign-in on checkout page) is when I have the browser mode set to IE 8 Compatibility View. Not sure what this means so will be doing some investigation as to IE Standard vs IE Compatibility.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM

I learned a bit more about this here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6348959/how-to-disable-compatibility-view-in-ie

You can force your site to not be viewed in compatibility mode by inserting this:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; IE=8; IE=7; IE=EDGE" />

I've placed this at the top of home.tpl, but I would appreciate hearing from any of the more experienced forum members if this is the correct place?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather@MX1
When the "x" stops appearing in ANY of the pop-up boxes (ask a question/shipping estimator on cart page/customer sign-in on checkout page) is when I have the browser mode set to IE 8 Compatibility View.
Thank you for sharing this. I removed our website from the compatibility view settings in IE-8 and the 'x' is now displaying.
I was hoping this would solve my column layout inconsistencies, but still have problems with those.

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
One issue that i have experienced is when you click on "Be the first to review/rate this product" it take you to the home page instead of the "Customer Feedback" tab on the product page.

Can you check to see if you are having this issue also?

Yes, same on my website, when clicking on that, it does actually open the "customer feedback" tab, but reloads the home page.

Mods I miss in 5.4.x:
Old 07-28-2012, 02:29 AM

eXpert

Hi Guys,

It has come to our attention that you have been posting questions to this thread - this is perfectly fine, good to see you helping one another out.

But, can you please post any specific questions you might have over at our support helpdesk - I'm not trying to take you away from the x-cart forums, but we will answer any questions you might have much quicker over there - we are not being notified when you post to our threads here. So you will get a much quicker response if you email us directly.

This thread was just created just to make a product announcement - not answer various support questions, it just gets messy if we go down that road. Can you please direct any specific sales/support/development questions relating to our x-cart modules or x-cart templates to: support@thexcartstore.com

You will be guaranteed a speedy response - as always

x-cart 3.x.x
x-cart 4.x.x
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have been researching some of the templates (skins) available for xcart 4.5.3 I have seen some really nice ones that we like and have even considered a custom design. There is one template I am intrigued by and have actually already started. It is Xtremegear by thexcartstore. I love the layout and some of the features it offers, but I notice most modules are either now standard or available through a third party.

Do any of you have experience with this company (thexcartstore) or the template xtremegear where you can offer some advice on your experience? We have a big project coming soon and want to be sure we make the right choice. Our main focus is that of communication and support, next to a compliant and operable template.

If you have other template suggestions I would love to see them.
Thanks in Advance.

JP

- We love X-Cart
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4