Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Login Form Modification

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 11-12-2003, 11:18 PM

Seems like a pretty cool mod but regardless of which incarnation of it I use it only gets redirected to a blank page. The page source is cart.php?mode=auth but it is blank.

Im using Netscape 7.1 and Xcart 3.4.9

Site 2 > XCART LIVE 4.0.17
Old 11-18-2003, 04:36 AM

eXpert

looks like you missed a } on the end of that coding ...

This is the revised coding ...
Quote:
Code:
if ($login_type=="C") { if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart)) func_header_location("../$redirect/cart.php"); else { $relo_page = strrchr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '/'); $relo_page = str_replace('/', '', $relo_page); func_header_location("../$redirect/$relo_page"); } }

Tried it in 3.4.9 and works.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:08 PM

Looks like I got this working with Hair Guy's code.
Here's what Im using for 3.4.10

Code:
# new login mod $mysite_pattern = '~^(http://'.$xcart_http_host.'|https://'.$xcart_https_host.')~'; if($login_type=="C" && !func_is_cart_empty($cart)) { if (preg_match('/\/cart\.php\?mode=(auth|checkout)/', $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) { # go to next step in checkout func_header_location("../$redirect/cart.php?mode=checkout"); } elseif (preg_match($mysite_pattern, $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) { # go back to where we were before login func_header_location(" ".$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']); } else { func_header_location("../$redirect/cart.php"); } } elseif ( ($config["General"]["default_pwd"]=="Y") and (count($default_accounts)>0) and $admin_safe_mode==false) { echo"<SCRIPT language='JavaScript'> alert('Default passwords for one or more administrator/provider accounts are not changed. We recommend you to change default passwords for security reasons. The default X-cart accounts$default_accounts_string!'); self.location='$to_url'; </SCRIPT>If you see this message it means that your browser doesn't support Javascript or it is disabled. Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings for proper X-Cart functionality."; x_session_save(); exit; } else { if (preg_match($mysite_pattern, $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) { # go back to where we were before login func_header_location(" ".$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']); } else { func_header_location("../$redirect/home.php"); } } } # here ends new login mod

Site 2 > XCART LIVE 4.0.17
Old 01-24-2004, 10:01 AM

X-Guru

Great Mod, ought to be standard in X-Cart, but has anyone updated this for v3.5.x ?

PhilJ
Old 05-09-2004, 06:30 PM

Quote:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This modification will take you back to the page you came from unless you have something in your cart. In the latter case, it will take you to your shopping cart.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Original File: login.php
Code:
if ($login_type=="C") {
if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart))
header("Location: ../$redirect/cart.php");
else
header("Location: ../$redirect/home.php");
exit;
}

Modified File: login.php
Code:
if ($login_type=="C") {
if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart))
header("Location: ../$redirect/cart.php");
else {
$relo_page = strrchr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '/');
$relo_page = str_replace('/', '', $relo_page);
header("Location: ../$redirect/$relo_page");
}
exit;
}

There is a slight problem with this.
Example:

The customer tries logging in either through the side panel login box or the center login box but enters a wrong password or wrong username. The incorrect password/username message will show up, and then they enter the correct details and log in. The problem is that the incorrect password/username message will still show, and it might confuse some customers who will wonder why that message is still there if they just logged in correctly.

How would you apply an exception to the code so that if the customer is logging in after an unsuccesful attempt, that it would either redirect them back to page they were at before or back to the home page.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:05 AM

I ran into the same issue, and I just added an exception for the page "error_message.php?login_incorrect", as follows (this is my entire code snippet:

Code:
if ($login_type=="C") { /* If the cart has items in it, redirect them to their cart */ if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart)) { func_header_location("../$redirect/cart.php"); } /* Otherwise, find what page they were at and send them there */ else { $relo_page = strrchr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '/'); $relo_page = str_replace('/', '', $relo_page); /* Unless they were on the "Login" individual page */ if ($relo_page == "error_message.php?login_incorrect") $relo_page = "home.php"; func_header_location("../$redirect/$relo_page"); } }

Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Hi, question about your login form solution

Hi,
Thank you for your modification, I was able to integrate it succesfully:

"I ran into the same issue, and I just added an exception for the page "error_message.php?login_incorrect", as follows (this is my entire code snippet: "

Code:
if ($login_type=="C") { /* If the cart has items in it, redirect them to their cart */ if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart)) { func_header_location("../$redirect/cart.php"); } /* Otherwise, find what page they were at and send them there */ else { $relo_page = strrchr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '/'); $relo_page = str_replace('/', '', $relo_page); /* Unless they were on the "Login" individual page */ if ($relo_page == "error_message.php?login_incorrect") $relo_page = "home.php"; func_header_location("../$redirect/$relo_page"); } }

What I have been having trouble with is integrating the checkout bit that was also in the same post. Were you able to get the correct code so that the customer would be redirected to step 2 if they signed in the middle of the checkout process?

By the way,

this bit for the above code also redirects them to home if they mistype their login/pw 3 times and are given the recover password screen:

if ($relo_page == "error_message.php?login_incorrect" OR "help.php?section=Password_Recovery")

Thanks,
James
Old 05-26-2004, 02:24 AM

for 3.5.7

if customer directory different name
codes must be :

Code:
if ($login_type=="C") { if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart)) { func_header_location("$redirect_to/cart.php"); }else { $relo_page = strrchr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '/'); $relo_page = str_replace('/', '', $relo_page); if ($relo_page == "error_message.php?login_incorrect") $relo_page = "home.php"; func_header_location("$redirect_to/$relo_page"); } }
Old 05-29-2004, 06:30 AM

Hi,

I have recently begun a fresh install of v3.5.8. I don't know if it's just me, but when I modify login.php to redirect to the referring page, the cart still redirects to either home.php or the cart. I have deleted all cached templates etc. but am still having no luck. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

P.S - I have had the code working successfully in v3.5.7

thanks
X-FancyCategories
X-RMA
X-Offers
Old 06-04-2004, 11:59 PM

what would be the correct code if you had moved the contents from /customer into the root of your site? I did this so the site could be accessed by shop.com/home.php instead of shop.com/customer/home.php

I'm currently using this code:
Code:
if ($login_type=="C") { if(!func_is_cart_empty($cart)) { func_header_location("$redirect_to/cart.php"); }else { $relo_page = strrchr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], '/'); $relo_page = str_replace('/', '', $relo_page); if ($relo_page == "error_message.php?login_incorrect") $relo_page = "home.php"; func_header_location("$redirect_to/$relo_page"); } }

The redirect for the cart.php works but the redirect for the relopage does not. It redirects to my index.html rather than home.php.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions