Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

'Add to Cart' Alert Message

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 05-12-2011, 02:30 PM

X-Man

Default Re: 'Add to Cart' Alert Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitofeverything
Works great. I added "return false" for the continue shopping link so the page does not refresh.

Can you be more specific? Thanks
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly

I have now worked out that if you have featured products for a category (which in my case appear at the top of the page - not sure if this is standard), then the alert doesn't work. Actually, the alert box works if you add the featured product to your cart, but nothing in the standard product list will bring up the alert.

Remove the featured product(s), the alert works. Add a featured product to a different page, alerts on that page stop working.

I'm having the same problem. I wonder if adding something like "$main eq "featured" to the code "{if $main eq "product" || $main eq "search" || $main eq "products" || $main eq "catalog"}" would have any effect.

It seems to work fine on the product page, but there are problems in the "categories" and "featured products" areas.

Also, the links ("checkout", "continue shopping, etc.) at the bottom of the popup seem to need a little padding at the bottom, they are right against the bottom of the frame. Where would I adjust this?

Also, some else mentioned adding "return false" for the continue shopping link so the page does not refresh and go to the home page. Where and how would this be done?

Thanks!

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 05-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Advanced Member

Is this mod no longer available? The demo links no longer work for me. Anyone have any screenshots or demo I can take a look at?

http://www.upperhandtech.com/
Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 PM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHS
Is this mod no longer available? The demo links no longer work for me. Anyone have any screenshots or demo I can take a look at?
check post #12

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM

X-Man

OK.. I made some changes and now it works sweeeeet!

Added $main eq "featured" to the list of "pages" to fix the problem of it working sometimes and sometimes not, and modified the instructions. The attached file is for version 4.4.x (tested on 4.4.3).
Attached Files
File Type: zip X-Cart_Add_to_Cart_Alert_v4.4.x.zip (30.3 KB, 87 views)

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 05-23-2011, 03:48 PM

eXpert

Hi JWait,

Having installed your version on (4.4.2) I find I still have the same problems as before.

The alert doesn't work on the manufacturers pages even if I add a test for $main eq "manufacturer_products" in the page list. The add to cart button just hangs on the 'added' label, even though the item is indeed added.

It also doesn't work on category pages where there is a featured item at the top of the page. It works fine for those featured products, but not on the category products themselves. I get the same hanging on the add to cart button, and no alert (except on the featured products at the top).

Do you have any thoughts on why this might be happening, or how to overcome it?

Changing the return from true to false is great. Thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM

X-Man

I just did a test and "$main = catalog" everywhere except for the actual product page and on the manufacturer's page (where "$main = manufacturer_products" . I think the main problem is in the "if $main eq", like maybe it should be checking for something else instead of $main.... "if product is available" maybe. Its not my mod so I really don't know.

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 05-25-2011, 03:03 AM

Veteran

For the list of products pages not working - if you have same product listed as category product and featured product on the same page that may be the reason for the mod not working; it gets more then one reference to same product and doesn't know which one to use
Old 05-25-2011, 08:00 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
For the list of products pages not working - if you have same product listed as category product and featured product on the same page that may be the reason for the mod not working; it gets more then one reference to same product and doesn't know which one to use

It only seems to affect the pages that have both "featured" and "normal" products, regardless of whether the same product is there twice, at least as far as I can tell, I don't have any like that at the moment.

Strangely, I added the mod discussed here http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=56298 and it works for those products as well, even though they are on the home page along with "featured" products, but it doesn't work with the "featured" products there. This leads me to believe there is something about the featured products that it doesn't like.

Mods - XCSEO free
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM

eXpert

I think I have figured out why the alert doesn't work on the manufacturer pages.

I assumed that adding the condition '$main eq "manufacturer_products"' to the list of conditions in the skin/common_files/customer/service_css.tpl file would be enough, but obviously it wasn't.

I've been looking at this again today, and it seems that similar conditions also exist in skin/common_files/modules/Cart_Alert/cart_alert.tpl, and therefore if you add the manufacturer_products condition to service_css.tpl then you must also add it to cart_alert.tpl. Otherwise, the add to cart process calls a function that never gets defined, which in turn stops the inventory from updating as it should.

There are 2 condition statements in cart_alert.tpl, and manufacturer_products needs to be added to the second one.

Alas, it doesn't help the problem with pages that have featured products at the top, but it is an improvement nonetheless.

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design