Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

'Add to Cart' Alert Message

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Veteran

Default Re: 'Add to Cart' Alert Message

Steve Stoyanov is behind cflsystems so - the same person. The original creator of the mod is Phil (PhilJ above). I did modify it a bit.

The mod works on 4.4.x (not sure about 4.3.x), I installed it on a test and couple live 4.4.x carts so I can confirm to you - it does work. If it's not working for you then you are doing something wrong
Old 03-07-2011, 11:47 AM

Advanced Member

I just don't get it, it's 4 steps lol. There's not really any way to mess it up, you follow the instructions, it's really easy. It's almost insulting to say I'm doing something wrong with the instructions given. Anyone can follow these instructions. Can I look around in your test installation? I just don't get it.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 PM

X-Adept

I have installed in my store and it works perfectly.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 03-07-2011, 02:29 PM

Advanced Member

Let me first start with an apology, it took me a while looking at what was happening with firebug to really realize what's going on. I sell products that have lengths, like 6'9", 8' etc. in the product titles. It was the ' or the " that was causing it to not load properly. I created a product simply titled 'Test' and it works perfectly. So, does anyone know how I can get those characters to work in my title, or do I need to change all my product listings so they say feet and inches instead of ' and "? Also, want to thank everyone for their help, it kept pushing me in the right direction and thankfully I now know what the problem is!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Veteran

I guess you found a bug in the mod. Find all

{$product.product}

and replace with

{$product.product|escape}
Old 03-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Advanced Member

I replaced the two instances of {$product.product} in cart_alert.tpl with {$product.product|escape}, uploaded the file, cleared my cache and refreshed, the problem still persists for me. I have definitely isolated it to the product title, when I switch the product title from 8' to 8 foot it works fine. Also, thank you for all your help.

**EDIT**
On a second note...it's also inside of the H2 headers, and I see that the code that you had me change is inside of h2 headers, so i'm a little more clear as to what is going on now. Thanks again for that.

**DOUBLE EDIT**
Looks like ' and " in the sidebar's are also throwing it off...I wish I knew of a workaround for this.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM

Veteran

Try with {$product.product|escape:'quotes'}
Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Try with {$product.product|escape:'quotes'}

It looks like that works for products that are 6'5", but not the 8' products...is that ' a tilde?

**EDIT**
What about this piece of code
{assign var='value' value=$value|replace:'"':'"'}
**SECOND EDIT**
The sidebar issue sems to only effect FireFox, as long as I modify the product title to not include tildes and quotes, IE seems to work fine.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:34 PM

eXpert

I've been trying out this mod on our 4.4.2 installation, but I've found it a bit of a struggle to get working. The installation procedure is as simple as can be, and I installed both the original and the modified versions, both with the same results.

To be fair, much of the problem I had already caused. I had modified the products_list.tpl file for layout, and inadvertantly stopped the 'buy now' button from working correctly. Wasted some hours re-fiddling, and got the button working as it should.

Then I reinstated the alert code, but still no joy. It worked fine on the individual product pages, but not on the product list. Or so I thought.

It was actually working on some pages but not others, which is strange since they all work from the same code. I tried deleting some of the products from one of the non-working pages to see if it was a product name issue, but it wasn't.

I have now worked out that if you have featured products for a category (which in my case appear at the top of the page - not sure if this is standard), then the alert doesn't work. Actually, the alert box works if you add the featured product to your cart, but nothing in the standard product list will bring up the alert.

Remove the featured product(s), the alert works. Add a featured product to a different page, alerts on that page stop working.

This isn't a criticism. I love the mod and congratulate the author(s), and can't imagine there ever being a time when I could create something like this. I'm just making my findings available in case someone else sees the same thing. It took me a while to identify.

I presume it stops working because some code is repeated on the page - once in the featured products list, once in the main product list. Even if that is true (I don't know if it is, it's just an uneducated theory) I haven't got a clue how to rectify it.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to overcome this, I'd love to hear them (I am assuming of course that it isn't just something a bit screwy on my site!).

Cheers

Welly

www.traininglines.co.uk
Old 05-12-2011, 02:05 PM

X-Man

I used the "improved" version and it installed easily and seems to work fine. There is one tweak I would like to see... how would I put an "if" statement in it just in case the product added doesn't have any upsell products related to it?
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design