Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Will XCART work for me? If so, which one?

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 03-08-2016, 04:27 PM

Question Will XCART work for me? If so, which one?

I am having a new website built, and the webmaster uses Dreamweaver. I want to integrate a shopping cart that will work with Intuit, and XCART was listed on their site.

My current site was built with X-SitePro and uses e-Junkie cart with processing done by PayPal Website Payments Pro.

What XCART do I purchase to have the ability to be integrated on the new Dreamweaver site and be compatible with Intuit Merchant Services.
Can a payment gateway to Intuit be provided by XCART for a custom site?
Or would XCART just be the shopping cart, and I would have to use Authorize.net or similar to obtain a gateway?

Thank you.
Jan
Old 03-09-2016, 07:58 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Will XCART work for me? If so, which one?

There are 2 flavors of XC - XC Classic and XC5
http://www.x-cart.com/pricing.html
http://www.x-cart.com/software_pricing.html

If you are just starting with XC I would say start with XC5. It is the new platform and it is here to stay.
On the other hand XC Classic, aka XC4, is way more mature and has way more 3rd party support, modules, functionalities, etc.

So it just depends on your business and business needs. If you are just starting with XC there is no right or wrong direction, it is a matter of what you need and how fast you need it.

Both provide integration with many payment gateways out of the box so there is not much to do but install the stock payment module to integrate with the payment gateway of choice. Keep in mind though some payment gateways will require the use of payment application if CC payments are to be taken on the site (meaning to show CC form on the checkout page).
For sure for PP Pro you will need to use X-Payments in addition to XC.
PP Standard for example you can use directly with XC.

For both you cannot just take any theme design and copy/paste it on site. It will have to be integrated and in most cases you will need a web developer that knows XC to do that not a web designer.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:31 AM

Thank you so much, Steve. I am pretty well sold on X-Cart. I will be using Intuit Merchant Services for my new site, not PayPal.

I will probably have to have someone custom design the cart for me and then have my web developer integrate it. I will be meeting with him tomorrow and should know more about the design.
Thanks, again.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:19 PM

X-Man

We currently still prefer X-cart 4 for it's ease of customization and ease of skinning (creating the look) and it's maturity with features and code. We many times will take a design from a designer and integrate it into X-cart. We can do it for either version though. Feel free to contact us if you need help or want a quote.

Thank you,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:49 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlue
I am having a new website built, and the webmaster uses Dreamweaver.
I guess I am just a purist, but this frightens me. Dreamweaver is such a crutch. X-Cart can and probably should be your entire site. I can show your web developer the path to being an X-cart dev.

We just use a text editor.

Seriously though, a three or four training sessions and he/she would be off and running, then I can hang on and assist as needed.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project