Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Xcart 4.0.4 Released With Upgrade Kit + Changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-16-2004, 12:09 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Just upgraded a client to 4.0.4 on a basically unmodified cart and it seems that the mini cart is not updating the total correctly. If you add a product to the cart, it won't update the price in the mini cart the total number of items seems to update though. Will update if you view the cart, but that's pointless. Anyone else seeing this? I'm going to send this off to X-cart and see what they say.

Carrie

You are correct. This is a bug. The number of items in the mini cart is updated, but the dollar ammount in the mini cart is not. I just check it out also in 4.0.4. I am using a custom template for the mini cart, so if you are seeing it and I am seeing it then it is not a template issue, it is a code issue.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:25 PM

X-Guru

Thanks for checking it out TelaFirma! Glad it's not my eyes bugging out on me from staring at this computer all day every day.

I sent this to X-cart this morning as a possible bug, I'll update this thread if/when I hear back from them.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 09-16-2004, 12:40 PM

I upgraded using the admin web interface. Everything went fine, but I had to patch 3 files on my own. 2 were due to my modifications. I ran the patch command by hand, and the patches took with a little fuzz. The one file that wouldn't take the patch was skin1/skin1.css which I haven't modified. This wouldn't take even with fuzz. So I edited it by hand and made the simple changes. I'm guessing this file is just different due to the color scheme I chose during setup.

My question is, why didn't the two that took the patch by hand show up as "already patched" during the upgrade process? Not a big deal since the upgrade just ignores the files whether their status is "already patched" or "cannot patch". Just FYI on my experience. Overall, I'm happy it went so smoothly.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:53 AM

eXpert

Just upgraded to 4.04 but still get this error when trying to use Canada Post shipping module:
Quote:
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 206.191.4.228:30000 in ..../include/func.php on line 3273
Old 09-17-2004, 02:29 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelaFirma
I would like to retract my posts on this thread... It was a long day and I did not notice that I dod not have Javascript enabled (in the cart interface). Something... somewhere... turned it off and I never noticed...

I've noticed this is as well, include/adaptive.php along with the browser identification js somehow assumed you had no javascript enabled, so it disabled it for you.

Quote:
Thu Sep 09 16:10:31 MSD 2004[*] - max - X-Cart performance is improved.

Details would be nice.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:37 PM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00MER
Quote:
Thu Sep 09 16:10:31 MSD 2004[*] - max - X-Cart performance is improved.
Details would be nice.
Details should be posted. What good is a changelog with general comments like this?

This coder has been in the changelogs for a lot of new stuff, but you'll also notice he is the one most frequently posting fixes to his code.

I hope it is coincidence and not that he may be having a hard time with X-Cart development.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
If you don't mind, can you test it again but set in your general preferences to *not* redirect customer to cart first? That is only when this occurs because if you view the cart it will update the mini cart.

Thanks!

Carrie

Yup I did, and yes you are right, it does just as you describe...

-Ricky
Old 09-25-2004, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
Just upgraded to 4.04 but still get this error when trying to use Canada Post shipping module:
Quote:
Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to 206.191.4.228:30000 in ..../include/func.php on line 3273

Did you check if your server had a firewall on that would prevent you to connect to that server on that port? It has been seen before.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:36 AM

eXpert

Thanks Fuitad, you were right, that is my problem. My host is firewalled to the max and the only way to access a file on another server is through the cgi bin. XCart should take this into consideration in future releases, after all, most servers are firewalled and I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this problem.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:39 AM

X-Guru

Update on the possible bug. X-cart did confirm my findings as a bug and it will be released in future versions. They also should be able to provide you a patch in your help desk area if you request it. They put one in my area since I reported the bug.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements