Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.5.4 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.4 released

BUG.
It is related to "navigation_script" variable. So 4.5.x (maybe 4.4.x as well) introduced "continue shopping" button to return to page from which cart page was called. So if you add a product and go to cart and then hit on the "continue shopping" button you go back to that product's page or its category page... not sure which one is supposed to be the correct one...

The button uses "stored_navigation_script" variable which depends on "navigation_script" variable and is being set in core.php func_display and it will be either some page or home page.

The problem is - there are few placed in the code that assign "navigation_script" to smarty - like search pages and the new On Sale module as well. If you have this module on when adding to cart and going to cart page the "stored_navigation_script" variable has a value of "on_sale.php?" so the "continue shopping" button on cart page has that same link instead of the category or product page link.

Now for the good part - if you turn off the On Sale module setting to show onsale products on home page you will not experience this bug - that is how the XC demo is setup so it seems the bug does not exists on the demo.

This is just something that was coded but not tested
Old 12-29-2012, 05:23 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
This is just something that was coded but not tested

No, really?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:33 PM

Hi,

A small bug regarding Paypal Payment Advanced.

The bug could be replicated in this way:

Choose Paypal Express Checkout as Payment method in Paypal Module, set it to test mode, apply the change.

Select Paypal Payment Advanced method in Paypal Module, set it to Live Mode, apply the change.

(Paypal Payment Advanced includes Paypal Express Checkout, Paypal Express Checkout use Paypal Payment Advanced credentials.)

The Payment method will show "Paypal(in test mode)" in customer invoice when it is actually in Live mode.

Currently, I need to make sure Paypal Express Checkout is set to Live Mode although I don't use this method in X-Cart.

X-Cart developer: Please make sure the "$order_payment_method" in customer invoice for Paypal Express Checkout under Paypal Payment Advanced is determined by the Paypal Advanced Payment Live/Test status instead of Paypal Express Checkout Live/Test status.

Cheers!

Larry
X-Cart 4.5.4
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 AM

v4.5.4gold+ Delete admin - Error ID: 78

Access denied !
Attempt to write data to a corrupted table or a table with no fields. Try to remove X-Cart cache to solve the problem.
Error ID: 78

I can't delete an admin, but I CAN delete a customer.

any solution ?
Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlan2u
v4.5.4gold+ Delete admin - Error ID: 78

Access denied !
Attempt to write data to a corrupted table or a table with no fields. Try to remove X-Cart cache to solve the problem.
Error ID: 78

I can't delete an admin, but I CAN delete a customer.

any solution ?

Yes. Known bug.

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65116

There is a patch.

https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=42285

It's a good practice to search this forum and bugtracker for stuff like this. Less frustration.

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
wlan2u (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM

Hi, carpeperdiem.
just after the patch, I got the error fix "v4.5.4gold+ Delete admin - Error ID: 78".
THANK

I have another problem now.......
When I go to catalog->categories and the click on the browse button to add a new featured product,
the pop up window looks like it is loading, but no products show up for me to choose.

then when I click the "x" button immediatly I am being log out from admin.

any patch for this ?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Product class is an entity of Feature Comparison module which is available in X-Cart Platinum package:

http://www.x-cart.com/pricing.html

By the way, no you've got a chance to purchase it with 19% discount.

So, if I have this right:
  • No product classes without spending quite a bit of $$$$ ... a feature I've used for many years
  • No direct upgrade path from 4.4.5 (of which still sucks, and issues not addressed/fixed in 4.5.x). I tried installing an existing product database today and received a long list of errors.
  • X-Payments licenses are being revoked (and it still does not install or connect properly in three separate install attempts, and on different sites)
  • Expected features available in other carts still ignored (or now available at a higher cost)
  • Long list of bugs / issues (just read this thread)
  • Many ignored issues I've been stuck with in my current 4.4.5 store (that barely works ... and still does not properly page refresh, even after reinstall with NO add-ons).
  • My Sales, Ranking, and Traffic fell off a cliff when switching from 4.0.19 to 4.4.x, yet I still keep hoping. Why?
  • "We can fix all your issues (that are supposed to work by default) for a price ... you need to buy support points," to pay for our inconsistent software.
  • Nice job on the miniature phone number on the "Ideal Comfort" template with the massive "in-the-way" speed bar buttons. Add more links and the the phone number becomes buried, while the miles long CSS does not allow proper relocation. (at least after an hour of messing with it last night)
  • Continued failure to address product management issues for those of us with larger stores. (one at a time additions of related products as one example, and no SKU search for same)
  • Still waiting for a plugin type module system such as the one in WordPress to support 3rd party developer efforts (for all the features X-Cart devs miss/ignore)
Any other reason why I should NOT start looking for a replacement for X-Cart? After this many years I'm feeling that I have reached my tolerance limit.

Am I venting? Absofreakingloutly!

Sam Solace - Pres/CEO
Century Performance Center, Inc.
http://www.centuryperformance.com

(3) sites using X-Cart 5.3.5.5
X-Payments Enterprise 3.1.4

The following user thanks CenturyPerf for this useful post:
flyclothing (01-24-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 05:44 AM

X-Adept

Any estimate on 4.5.5?

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM

X-Adept

Noticed if the County/State is disabled in the user profile setting, it is still used in the shop. For example it will ask customer on the Cart page to enter the County to change destination at the bottom of the page.

Also, Royal Mail in the UK have stated that they do not require County in the address as it is not necessary. The postcode and first line address with the city is all. Nobody puts London, Greater London as an address, I have never seen that entered by any customer, its just London.

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 01-19-2013, 11:48 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich
Noticed if the County/State is disabled in the user profile setting, it is still used in the shop.

/admin/configuration.php?option=User_Profiles

Customer
Customer at checkout

different set of checkboxes
verify you have customer at checkout set how you want it