X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana
These were exactly my thoughts when I saw the issue with the On Sale module. Why code it with the exact same as the AC module knowing so many people use it?

Thanks for the rant, Jill, it saved me a lot of typing and I second your motion.

No problem, Ana. Rants are my specialty.

I hope this issue makes QT think twice before doing something like this again. X-Cart has tons of great features, but it can't meet the needs of every merchant out there. Many of us need mods and we don't care whether they're made by QT or a third party, just that they work and don't interfere with other mods and functions.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA

The following user thanks jillsybte for this useful post:
Ana (08-16-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
I tested PayPal Advance it works but the check out process is combersome and doesnot look professional as the Iframe takes you to another page just to enter only credit card numbers. If I was a customer on a website and saw this I would cancel delete every thing and close my browser.

QT - I need to know if the above is going to be changed.

If Paypal Advance really takes you to another page to enter credit card numbers, we have to move on from X-Cart. It completely defeats the purpose of an iFrame.

Please respond and let me know if this is going to be fixed in a future version. If not, I just need to know.

Running version: 4.5.5
Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
I am sorry for the confusion.

Moneybookers iFrame integration is NOT available out-of-box in X-Cart, unfortunately.

Moneybookers iFrame integration is only available as a free add-on module for X-Cart 4.3.2 and 4.4.2 versions:

* http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Moneybookers

Thanks and do you know when the add-on will be ready for X-Cart 4.5.2?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by componentman

If Paypal Advance really takes you to another page to enter credit card numbers, we have to move on from X-Cart. It completely defeats the purpose of an iFrame.

Please respond and let me know if this is going to be fixed in a future version. If not, I just need to know.

I agree 100%.

Also, for the OPC checkout module in X-Cart 4.5.2, the "Submit Order" button should be labeled as " Enter Credit Card Information Next" when X-Cart need to take customer to another page to enter credit card number.

How could a customer submit his order when he does not even enter his payment information yet? It is very confusing and will increase abandon cart rate.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:51 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by componentman

Bump.

Running version: 4.5.5
Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 AM

eXpert

I'm having an issue with certain AJAX items and I can't figure out what is going wrong. I installed 4.5.2 Gold a few weeks ago and began testing and customizing. The Add-to-Cart popup worked fine upon initial installation. I made changes in the admin area (settings, turning modules on/off) and some file and template changes (NO changes to any JavaScript/AJAX files). Then I noticed that the thumbnail generation function would not work. I would click Generate Thumbnail and the loading graphic would show indefinitely, but no thumbnail. On the customer side, the Add-to-Cart popup no longer worked. When I clicked Add to Cart, the button disappeared and the word Error appeared. After a few seconds, the entire page reloaded and the item was in the cart. In addition, the minicart would show up, but if I tried to delete an item via the red X, the loading graphic would appear indefinitely and nothing would happen.

Naturally, I assumed my file changes must have somehow caused the problem. I tried emptying the X-Cart cache and temp files several times. I replaced all changed files with the originals. I deleted the entire installation and did a clean install in a new directory by the same name. On my computer, I tried different browsers, emptied temp Internet files, and even tried a different computer. Nothing helped.

Finally, I did yet another clean install in a new directory by a different name. At first, the AJAX functions worked (popup, minicart, thumbnail generator). However, I started making settings and module changes in the Admin area and, boom, I'm right back where I started with things not working. I again tried clearing the cache, etc., and I returned the module settings to what they were upon installation, but I can't get the items working again.

I recall that the Socialize module caused a similar problem in an earlier X-Cart version. With Socialize on, the entire page would reload when the Add-to-Cart button was clicked. However, I tried turning off Socialize in this case and the problem persists.

I can't imagine this isn't a bug since all I've done is adjust a few Admin settings. Does anyone have any idea what settings would cause these items to stop working?
USA
Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 AM

eXpert

There seem to be a few bugs around 4.5.2. I have just installed 4.5.2 for 3 dev sites I'll be working on and then upgrading in the next 6-8 weeks. While reading up about the Cloud Search, I discovered a mention of 4.5.3 as if it was released already.

Is there a release date planned? Are there any other new features apart from Cloud Search being a part of it already that are worth waiting for?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM

Veteran

There is no reason to wait on 4.5.3 (I think they will release it soon though). Just work on the one you have and when 4.5.3 is released - upgrade.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 PM

eXpert

The shops will be very heavily modified by that stage, not sure a 4.5.2 to 4.5.3 upgrade will be simple or cheap. I think I'll just work with 4.5.2 and iron out any bugs.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:34 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowdog
The shops will be very heavily modified by that stage, not sure a 4.5.2 to 4.5.3 upgrade will be simple or cheap. I think I'll just work with 4.5.2 and iron out any bugs.

I'm in the same boat as you. 4.5.2 is full of bugs, but I don't want to just waste time sitting and waiting for 4.5.3. So I'm going ahead with my customization, keeping a log of all files and settings changed. When 4.5.3 is released, I plan to just replace the files that have changed between 4.5.2 and 4.5.3 since installing the upgrade will likely fail after I've made so many changes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will work and that 4.5.3 will not be so buggy.
USA
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements