Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-20-2008, 08:22 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Dynamic Images for X-Cart version 4.1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Matrix
I have a few questions about this mod. The site is almost done and we have 20K plus images already. Not all images are in the same folder.

In what folder would the main image be uploaded to?

I'm consider using the X cart magnifier and would I need to load the images for it or would this take care of the images for the magnifier?

If X-Cart is recognizing the images then you will be OK. The built in function of how X-Cart uploads and stores the image, updates the data in the database and inserts the image location into the product array does not change with this mod. This mod comes into play when the image is displayed to the customer. It uses the information that X-Cart stores in the database for the image location (so as long as that is there and the image actually exists, it will display).

This is not a replacement for magnifier. It will allow you to use one large image for the product and then generate all different sizes of images including the large popup image, but it does not "zoom". If you intend on using the magnifier, then you will need to upload a separate image for that.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:26 AM

eXpert

Sounds good and what folder do I upload the main image to for the mod to work? Such as the D folder or does the mod have its own folder and it then takes and places all the images in the correct folder?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:07 PM

X-Adept

If you only have one image for a product this should be the Thumbnail image.Keep in mind, this is more than just uploading photos. You still have to associate the image with the product the normal way that you would do in X-Cart without this mod. Those functions have not changed.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM

eXpert

We must not be on the same page and please clarify. In the description it reads "This image Mod will allow you to upload one large image for the product and it will dynamically generate new images as necessary."

So are you stating to upload the main images to the T folder only? I have been creating images for each size such as one for thumbs, one for products and one for detail images. To me if I upload a 600px wide image it would make more sense to upload it to the detail image folder than to the thumbnail folder. Or do I need to still created all 3 sizes and upload them as I have been?
Old 01-20-2008, 07:28 PM

X-Adept

If there is only one image for a product it should be the thumbnail image. This is X-Cart default operation. When using this Image Mod, you can use a large image as the thumbnail image and it will dynamically generate the different size images that you need throughout the cart.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samz724
Just installed the mod, looks great! Having a problem with thumbnail pictures and variant pictures..

When I upload a thumbnail picture, it does not show in the product listing. It will show a "no image" image.

When I upload variant images, it will show under the product image but will not show anything when selecting different options(variants) from the drop-down box.

Please help! Thanks a lot!!!

I am having the same issue w/ thumbnails for the upselling side. The no_image thumb keeps showing.

The issue seems related to the following code in: skin1/modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl

Code:
{if $product_links ne ""} {include file="modules/Recommended_Products/recommends.tpl" recommends=$product_links} {else} {include file="modules/Recommended_Products/recommends.tpl"} {/if}

$product_links becomes $recommends for the included page, but the problem is that $product_links does not seem to pass along the .tmbn_url value to $recommends[num].tmbn_url. The value is nil as far as I can tell, and that seems to be why the no_image shows up. However, I am unsure how to pass tmbn_url into here.

Any thoughts? Here's an example page: http://209.62.127.236/product.php?productid=16346&cat=0&page=1
Old 01-29-2008, 01:21 PM

X-Adept

X-Cart does not load the product URL into the Upsell Links by default. You can add some code to the PHP file to load them into the array yourself.

Edit /modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.php

Right before the last line

$smarty->assign("product_links",$product_links);

add the following:

Code:
if ($product_links) { foreach ($product_links as $key => $value) { $tmp = func_query_first("SELECT image_path as image_path_P, image_x as image_x_P, image_y as image_y_P FROM $sql_tbl[images_P] WHERE id = ".$product_links[$key]['productid']); if (!empty($tmp)) { $product_links[$key] = func_array_merge($product_links[$key], $tmp); $product_links[$key]['is_image'] = true; } $tmp = func_query_first("SELECT image_path as image_path_T, image_x as image_x_T, image_y as image_y_T FROM $sql_tbl[images_T] WHERE id = ".$product_links[$key]['productid']); if (!empty($tmp)) { $product_links[$key] = func_array_merge($product_links[$key], $tmp); $product_links[$key]['is_thumbnail'] = true; } if ($product_links[$key]['is_image']) $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url_P"] = func_get_image_url($product_links[$key]["productid2"], "P", $product_links[$key]['image_path_P']); if ($product_links[$key]['is_thumbnail']) $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url_T"] = func_get_image_url($product_links[$key]["productid2"], "T", $product_links[$key]['image_path_T']); if (!$product_links[$key]['is_image'] && !$product_links[$key]['is_thumbnail']) { $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url"] = func_get_default_image("P"); } elseif ($product_links[$key]['is_image']) { $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url"] = $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url_P"]; $product_links[$key]["image_x"] = $product_links[$key]["image_x_P"]; $product_links[$key]["image_y"] = $product_links[$key]["image_y_P"]; } else { $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url"] = $product_links[$key]["tmbn_url_T"]; $product_links[$key]["image_x"] = $product_links[$key]["image_x_T"]; $product_links[$key]["image_y"] = $product_links[$key]["image_y_T"]; } } }
Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM

Advanced Member

Worked like a charm. Once again, thanks TelaFirma. The support you offer for your modules is second to none.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:24 PM

eXpert

I have it working but I need to know how to reset the images size in the T folder so they do not look distorted when you click to enlarge the image. How do you let the cart know that the images in the T folder are now 500px wide and not 125px wide without having to import all the products again.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 PM

eXpert

Is there a way to have the pages load faster? On the site I'm using this mod for which is a clothing site some of the products have 10 plus colors and it is taking those pages 30 seconds plus to load on high speed connection.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4