Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Phone Ordering?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-29-2004, 07:17 AM

Default Phone Ordering?

Hi,
Is there a module for X-Cart to take orders over the phone? IE: Someone calls, wants to order a movie and you enter in all of their details and billing info and process the order.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:29 AM

eXpert

No, I have asked for this before in the form of a Manual Order system based on the Admin side of the cart, but alas no mod yet available.

The X-Cart Devs will tell you to place the order on the shopping cart side, as if you were the customer. This works for one order, but I guess the X-Cart Devs dont rely on repeat custom , as there is no way to place a second order with that customer manually if you did this again.

X-Cart badly needs a manual order system, as a lot of businesses run over counter, Mail Order as well as on the net.

We are looking into developing our own based on some oscommerce code we had in a previous site, will let ppl know if it works.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:07 PM

yeh this is vital for my business to do phone ordering, like with many others...luckly we have a alternative solution right the moment, but i would like this to be intergrated into the xcart system.

QVS ELECTRICAL SUPPLIES - http://www.qvsdirect.com

We supply a huge range of cables, electrical accessories, heating, ventilation, fire and security products, consumer units & circuit distribution, indoor and outdoor lighting, showers and water heating, tools and fixings, timer switches, sockets, switches, air conditioning, trunking, and much much more.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:02 PM

X-Man

Moderators, please move this post from Custom Mods.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:27 AM

Advanced Member

Default +1

+1 for this feature request.
Am willing to pay for a suitable mod.

Steve
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 01-03-2005, 05:59 AM

X-Guru

Actually the first version of X-Cart I got had phone ordering modifications built-in. A sales rep could login using an .htaccess form that would allow them to place the customers order for them over the phone, as well as set the price of the product on the fly, so the sales rep. can wheel-and-deal at the same time. I imagine something wouldn't be too terribly difficult to implement.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:10 AM

X-Man

Something like this, properly done could be used for more than phone orders. You could start to use X-Cart as a POS system. That would truly be innovative.

I would really prefer that someone develop a mod that floats outside X-Cart like MM rather than waiting for Qualiteam to develop it and be forced to upgrade the module with every single version patch.

Groovico, are you listening? Or do you have a lot of time on your hands now B00M?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:27 AM

Advanced Member

Default outline for mod

I think these are the steps a first-class version of this mod would need to handle.....(this may be asking a bit much!)

1. The member of customer service staff logs onto www.yourxcartstore.com/service with a username and password
2. They are presented with a simplified series of screens like Jon's simple checkout module.
3. They can then use the wholesale ordering mod i've seen somewhere, or some other list of all the stores products divided by category, to tick from lists of products, including specifying options.
4. Once the order is complete, they then search for the customer in the existing customer data.
5. If the user exists they go to the next stagee, if not they can then create that user.
6. they can then enter a coupon code or a manual discount (essentially a coupon-on-the-fly)
7. finally they enter the payment details, and submit the order. Again, no email is sent to the customers email address from this process. More payment options should be available than for the main store (ie cheque) as the order may have been received by mail.
8. They are presented with a prompt screen to ask if the customer would like to be sent log in details to be able to order online, and if they would like to be subscribed to the email newsletter. If the first one is ticked it sends an email to the customer with welcome details, if the second is ticked it adds them to the newsletter email list.
9. Then they are presented with an invoice, and a packing slip that they can print off.
10. The process is complete and they are returned to the starting screen.

I think that covers everything and more!
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 01-03-2005, 06:30 AM

Advanced Member

Default Postsript

PS. I'm afraid my coding knowledge is non-existent so i can bee of limited help...but i'm willing to donate to a development fund for this in advance if its someone trusted like groovico, boomer etc, or pay for a finished mod.
I can also provide esting facilities, server space, planning help etc
steve
X-Affiliate
X-AOM
ez-checkout
ez-upsell
--------------
Old 01-03-2005, 07:42 AM

I am willing to donate some funds for this mod as well
MySQL server 5
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4