Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.0 Released + Updated addons + Changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-30-2004, 10:07 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokonkwo
I have installed 4.0 in different ways and in all ways, I never experienced any errors or problem of any kind. The only problem that I have seen are all bug related problems after installation, or during module configuration.

The reason that I am saying this is that I am wondering if I had a different distribution file or what.

There is somethig that I don't know here. Please what is going on?

Thanks.
Randolph

problems can be down to what server somone is using . permissions, or what modules / payment gateways / shipping methods they use

some have more problems then others.

V4.0.1 seems to have caught alot of the things mentioned in this thread

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 07-30-2004, 10:11 AM

Veteran

Speaking of permissions, is there a chart or list of permission settings for each of the files/directories available anywhere? I did a global chmod the other day to install the patch and can't seem to find any documentation on what they should be set back to......
Old 07-30-2004, 10:12 AM

X-Guru

look in the forum faq

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 07-31-2004, 07:57 AM

Advanced Member

Shan:

Where is version 4.0.1? What bugs were fixed in this version? I am itching so much to get hold of the database migration tool. When is this going to be released? I wish they do this first so we can start using it and discover any problem with the tools before hand. Do you know any date line on the tools release?
www.shoppersdome.com
Old 07-31-2004, 03:19 PM

X-Adept

The database migration tool was already released. However I had errors and had to reinstall my 3.5.0 and upgrade the database all the way to 3.5.10 then do a sql dump then download the sql dump and manually insert pieces as it kept erroring. There was one major flaw I had. I have a few thousand products and they all have options. The sql dump file has an error in it and every time it add a option it then deletes it so in the end I only had one. An actual example of this is here

Quote:
DELETE FROM xcart_class_options;
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','1','Small','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','1','Medium','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','1','Large','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_classes (classid,productid, class, classtext,is_modifier) VALUES ('2','5','Color','Choose Color','Y');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','2','Black','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','2','Bright Pink','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','2','Lilac','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','2','Mango','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','2','Red','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_classes (classid,productid, class, classtext,is_modifier) VALUES ('3','10','Size','Choose Size','Y');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','3','Small','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','3','Medium','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','3','large','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','3','X-Large','5','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_classes (classid,productid, class, classtext,is_modifier) VALUES ('4','10','Color','Tea Roses Only','Y');
REPLACE INTO xcart_class_options (optionid,classid,option_name,price_modifier,modif ier_type) VALUES ('0','4','Tea Roses','','');
REPLACE INTO xcart_classes (classid,productid, class, classtext,is_modifier) VALUES ('5','11','Size','Choose Size','Y');

I opened the sql dump file in word pad and deleted away all the rest of the commands except the options and then did a replace and typed in replace DELETE FROM xcart_class_options; with a blank. It removed all those delete lines that where messing up my options and then I resaved the file as a different name and then used MySQL admin and queried the file. It then added my options. So in all I was successfully able to upgrade my site after 2 days of working on it and about five re-installs. It wasnt easy and shouldnt be tried by any one not comfortable with manual database work. Hopefully this info will get out there so others know what problems I encountered. I also informed x-cart of this so they can get it fixed.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Category Position and Display Order

I upgraded from 4.0.0-4.0.1 without trouble, including some manual pathces. But I cannot seem to get the patch that fixes the category position bug to work. I patch manually and I just get a blank page. Maybe I'm not making the correct modifications. I've cut and pasted the whole block that I've changed. Can anyone see anything wrong. When I apply the patch as shown, the homepage won't come up. (Without the patch, the categories do not display in the correct Position Order.)

Also, while we're on the topic of Category Display Order, in the Admin, my Categories do not display in alphabetical order. Is there a fix for that as well?

Quote:
PATCH
http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=52759#52759

Index: include/categories.php
================================================== =================
retrieving revision 1.64
diff -u -r1.64 categories.php
--- include/categories.phpб═ 12 Jul 2004 06:50:34 -0000б═ 1.64
+++ include/categories.phpб═ 19 Jul 2004 07:11:25 -0000
@@ -63,11 +63,13 @@
б═ б═ б═ б═ global $user_account;
б═ б═ б═ б═ $customer_search_condition = " AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')";
б═ б═ б═ б═ $search_condition .= $customer_search_condition;
-б═ б═ б═ б═if ($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL)
+б═ б═ б═ б═if ($flag == "all")
б═ б═ б═ б═ б═ б═ $sort_condition = " ORDER BY category";
б═ б═ б═ б═ else
б═ б═ б═ б═ б═ б═ $sort_condition = " ORDER BY order_by, category";
б═ б═ }
+б═ б═elseif (defined('MANAGE_CATEGORIES'))
+б═ б═ б═ б═$sort_condition = " ORDER BY category, order_by";

б═ б═ if ($short_list)
б═ б═ б═ б═ $to_search = "categoryid,parentid,categoryid_path,category,prod uct_count,avail,order_by";

global $user_account;
$customer_search_condition = " AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')";
$search_condition .= $customer_search_condition;
if ($flag == "all" || $flag == NULL)
$sort_condition = " ORDER BY category";
else
$sort_condition = " ORDER BY order_by, category";
}

if ($short_list)
$to_search = "categoryid,parentid,categoryid_path,category,prod uct_count,avail,order_by";

TO:

global $user_account;
$customer_search_condition = " AND avail='Y' AND (membership='".addslashes($user_account["membership"])."' OR membership='')";
$search_condition .= $customer_search_condition;
if ($flag == "all")
$sort_condition = " ORDER BY category";
else
$sort_condition = " ORDER BY order_by, category";
}
б═ б═elseif (defined('MANAGE_CATEGORIES'))
б═ б═ б═ б═ $sort_condition = " ORDER BY category, order_by";

if ($short_list)
$to_search = "categoryid,parentid,categoryid_path,category,prod uct_count,avail,order_by";
php-4.3.7
Solaris OS 9
Apache 2.0.50
Old 08-09-2004, 01:04 AM

X-Guru

thegrail, both things should be fixed in 4.0.1 already

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements