Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Configurator module for X-Cart (v3.4.0) Released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 05-16-2003, 01:50 AM

X-Guru

Default X-Configurator module for X-Cart (v3.4.0) Released

X-Configurator module for X-Cart (v3.4.0) Released

Quote:
X-Configurator module for X-Cart (v3.4.0)
X-Configurator module can be used as a wizard allowing your customers to assemble a "complex" product from parts (represented by other products). The module installs over the X-Cart GOLD or X-Cart PRO and allows defining the compatibility rules (for example, AMD motherboard is compatible with Athlon processors but not compatible with Intel Pentium). The X-Configurator module is a perfect solution for webstores which are selling computers, mobile accessories, hosting plans, etc. In other words it helps to increase sales of a webstore with cross-selling products.

http://www.x-cart.com/xcart_modules.html#configurator

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 05-23-2003, 10:17 AM

X-Adept

Default does it work?

the demo won't go past step 1 0f 3, looks good though, i'm interested in it but what's up with the demo?
Old 05-23-2003, 01:33 PM

X-Man

Looking at the demo for 30 seconds this is not very impressive.

I have a specific use for this product (Computer Case and added accessories). The menus should be dynamic. I was able to assemble a computer with incompatible items and still get a price total.

Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra & Intel Celeron 1.2GHz (FCPGA2) Retail Boxed: these parts are incompatible
Akasa AK823 CPU Cooler for all AMD Athlon XP & Intel Celeron 1.2GHz (FCPGA2) Retail Boxed: these parts are incompatible

Total: $ 334.99

Screen refreshes with product selection would have been really nice and comparable to features found on ecommerce systems used by the Big boys like Dell. Why anyone would let a customer spend time picking out options and then direct them to incompatability messages is beyond me. The whole purpose of this type of option is to "guide" the consumer through the assembly purchase process. Hot links to product details would have also been nice. Looking through the admin, I was unable to find the "re-pricing option" for discounting products when purchased as part of a system. Except for the bizarre incompatability system and inventory tracking, this module does not seem to be much more than "Product Options" in current stable version 3.3.5.

Once again , I think that current users need to be polled on new product and upgrades. If the feature is not implemented with at least a minimum amount of base usability and practicality then why bother
Old 05-24-2003, 11:21 PM

X-Adept

Default its just a demo

its just a demo and after reading what i'm doing i figured it out, i think its cool, now i just have to figure out if its worth it, considering i've basically been doing the exact same thing with product options i'm not sure if its necessary but i do like it
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements