Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Multisite?

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart Multisite?

One thing I forgot to mention, is if you already have say 2, 3 stores using X-cart gold and want them to all work with the same backend, we are very experienced with 'merging' the data for orders, customers, products, etc so that you do not loose your data.

thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:42 PM

Carrie,

I would like to speak with you, or someone from your company on that option.

It's a bit disturbing you do not allow phone calls with customers (and I bought several products from you).

Would you make an exception? (or better, change of policy?)

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 AM

eXpert

Be VERY careful of this type of mod, we have a few sites that has been alive for some months now, took a VERY long time to get correct and you must also consider that any externally written mods, will, at the very least need to be licensed for each domain and it's unlikely they will work 'out of the box'

As an aside, noting your comments above, we used a developer that was on the phone, essential in my personal view (I'm not putting down the fact that BCSE don't, just I would need that contact if it was myself attempting this again)

Be prepared for a few surprises, things you never even considered at the onset...
One Page Checkout, On-Sale, Dynamic Images ++++ Loads of others.
+ 2 Multi Domain stores on 4.1.9

The following user thanks Tony Pearce for this useful post:
seller (11-14-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 PM

X-Man

I'm not sure why you say we don't do phone calls? We do, just drop us an email to schedule one. Our website even says to just email us to schedule calls.

Thank you,

Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seller
Carrie,

I would like to speak with you, or someone from your company on that option.

It's a bit disturbing you do not allow phone calls with customers (and I bought several products from you).

Would you make an exception? (or better, change of policy?)

Thanks!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 11-14-2010, 06:36 PM

X-Man

Hi Tony,

Not sure why you say to be careful? We have a lot of people using it with no issues. One for over 4 years now. Just be sure to let us know exactly how you want it to work before getting started.

And the multiple licenses would be the same as if you had multiple x-cart installs. It's just following X-cart's rules of needing multiple licenses for multiple stores. We let you know this up front that X-cart expects this.

We also do phone calls. I'm really not sure where this is coming that we do not?? Infact I have over 4 phone calls scheduled this week already with clients.

I hope this helps clear some questions up.

Thanks,

Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Pearce
Be VERY careful of this type of mod, we have a few sites that has been alive for some months now, took a VERY long time to get correct and you must also consider that any externally written mods, will, at the very least need to be licensed for each domain and it's unlikely they will work 'out of the box'

As an aside, noting your comments above, we used a developer that was on the phone, essential in my personal view (I'm not putting down the fact that BCSE don't, just I would need that contact if it was myself attempting this again)

Be prepared for a few surprises, things you never even considered at the onset...

Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 PM

Hey Carrie,

I do not want to argue with you on that point, after all I am happy with you so far on the other terms. This is what I was told when I was leaving messages and trying to talk with a live person.
I was referred to your website that states: "If you are a current customer and need emergency assistance, feel free to call the phone number provided to you" and at that time I was not yet a customer...

But, again, now I am and I didn't try to call since so I'll leave you the benefit of the doubt and will try next time in the future, so for now we can close the subject (this is not really the place for it, I didn't intend for that to be an argument).

I do, however, have a question for you after reading what you wrote Tony.

You mentioned you are following x-cart's rules re the licenses, so if x-cart is OK with using the same cart for two domains if it sells same products and has same admin area and database, are you fine with it also?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:48 PM

X-Man

I see, maybe you didn't see the full wording?

Quote:
Please note We will only answer the phone for calls we can identify, or for scheduled calls. This helps us keep our support and product costs low.

We are happy to schedule in a phone call if you have questions or concern that cannot be addressed via email. Please email us using the form above with a description of your questions or concerns and we will schedule a phone call.

The part you quoted was for just emergencies, current customers with either hosting or close retainer agreements have multiple phone numbers to call. That's what I was referring to. Maybe it's not clear though sorry!

We actually just recently hired another Administrative Assistant who's answering phone calls for us now. We had everyone so busy before we weren't able to always answer. Especially if we were working on a live site. So hopefully it's helpful having her answer the phones now as well. Looks like I need to update our website.

So feel free to drop us an email to schedule a call if you still need to.

X-cart's licensing requirements stated to us (last we asked and is likely still the same), is that if you have separate stores, particularly on separate domains that they require you to have a separate x-cart license purchase per store, just like we do and most (if not all) of our resellers. So if you have 1 x-cart install serving 2 domains, then you need 2 licenses of X-cart.

I hope that clears it up. Feel free to drop us an email and we can send you the information for the Gold Mall.

Thanks,

Carrie

Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 PM

Hi Carrie,

See post #6 in this thread re the licensing

So, if x-cart is OK with using the same cart for two domains if it sells same products and has same admin area and database, are you fine with it also?
Old 11-15-2010, 01:49 AM

eXpert

Hi There
I thought i would put my bit in here
I run two seprate domains under 1 GoldMall installed by BCSE
They have done a good job and were quick at sorting any problems
Yes I did require 2 licences
Yes I did require 2 SSL for checkout
yes I do require 2 x 1 page checkout licences too
its 1 admin operating multi domains and multi skins under 1 database
it allows me to show the same or differant products under differant catagories on individule sites using 1 database,
only down fall so far is that your webmaster mode works on your main site only,
but can recommend the BCSE as they do a professional job,
please view my site below but no test orders please these are live sites
www.mobile-phone-batteries.co.ukv4.4.5 gold
www.qualitechnic.co.uk v4.4.5 gold
Add-on: X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
Old 11-15-2010, 03:11 AM

eXpert

Angry Re: X-Cart Multisite?

Hi Carrie,

Not sure if you have got the wrong end of the stick, did I say anything against you? no, just as a user (not a seller) I have some advise to offer on the subject.

I didn▓t run down your solution (did not know you did one!), just some simple facts that I came across with reference to this type of store during the work we had done for us.

Please remember I'm here just to help, as others have helped me in the past (many times over), I should be doing something more productive!! I stated some simple facts that need to be taken into account, and stupidly thought I was doing some good.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Hi Tony,

Not sure why you say to be careful? We have a lot of people using it with no issues. One for over 4 years now. Just be sure to let us know exactly how you want it to work before getting started.

And the multiple licenses would be the same as if you had multiple x-cart installs. It's just following X-cart's rules of needing multiple licenses for multiple stores. We let you know this up front that X-cart expects this.

We also do phone calls. I'm really not sure where this is coming that we do not?? Infact I have over 4 phone calls scheduled this week already with clients.

I hope this helps clear some questions up.

Thanks,

Carrie
One Page Checkout, On-Sale, Dynamic Images ++++ Loads of others.
+ 2 Multi Domain stores on 4.1.9
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project