Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

PCI Compliance

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 06-25-2010, 12:15 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: PCI Compliance

> When was the cutoff for free x-payments?

May 2010
All existing customers before June 2010 (time when we released X-Payments beta5) received their X-Payments license free of charge as we promised.

Alex
X-Payments project manager
Old 06-25-2010, 04:26 AM

Ambal,
I purchased my newest license on June 8, but downloaded the trial version before June 1, do I have to pay for x-payments. I have run x-cart since 2005, but my web designer registered it in his name. In March, he disappeared and my site went down. So I had to redo my whole site.

Do I qualify for the free xpayment?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 AM

X-Cart team

Brian, contact us at sales@qtmsoft.com with "Attn for Alex Mulin" as Subject. I am not promising but will see what we can do for you.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
> Please notice that one X-Payment license allows connecting up to 10 online stores (X-Cart or any other that will integrate with X-Payments API).

Is the license only registered to one domain? And if so, does that mean that all 10 stores that connect to it have to redirect customers to that URL upon checkout?

The following user thanks abeight for this useful post:
Asiaplay (06-26-2010)
Old 06-26-2010, 02:40 PM

X-Wizard

Why is X-Payments even being licensed?
QT must clearly remember that the contactural rules MOST of us signed up under (and for which many custom mods have been done by QT) are the ONE database = ONE License rule... that is clearly not a limit of 10 domains per license (so why should X-Payments be???)

I can also not understand the need or logic when X-Cart already is licensed - please explain the neccessity?
To me this just seems a greed approach and a reversal of the contractural terms MOST of us bought X-Cart under!

Please also clearly advice how the look-up for license is planned to work i.e. if the internet cannot find a connection to the link-assistant server at any time, does that mean we will lose sales (i.e. x-payments will stop working and take the payment process down with it)?
Personally we (and many others) avoid any system that has license look-ups - especially for sensitive information like how many sales our store(s) might make (I personally feel very annoyed at this approach and can not understand why you are planning one for X-Payments) - please clarify?

Cheers, Asiaplay

PS: also it is not ever going to be acceptable to have stores on multiple domains (one database or not) changing domain name to a single domain for payments... Abeight's question is also very important!
Please provide the community with answers to these questions ASAP (thanks).
Old 06-28-2010, 03:14 AM

X-Cart team

X-Payments is licensed to a domain name and allows connecting up to 10 X-Cart stores (i.e. X-Cart databases) to one X-Payments.
URL changes to X-Payments one when someone goes to pay using X-Payments integrated method.

X-Payments can be installed anywhere: on a sub-domain, in a sub-folder of the same domain or on a separate domain even. We made as flexible as possible.

Also, one client can buy as many X-Payments license as he/she needs. We are not limiting like "one X-Payments to one customer".
Old 06-28-2010, 03:42 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
X-Payments is licensed to a domain name and allows connecting up to 10 X-Cart stores (i.e. X-Cart databases) to one X-Payments.
URL changes to X-Payments one when someone goes to pay using X-Payments integrated method.

X-Payments can be installed anywhere: on a sub-domain, in a sub-folder of the same domain or on a separate domain even. We made as flexible as possible.

Also, one client can buy as many X-Payments license as he/she needs. We are not limiting like "one X-Payments to one customer".

Hi Alex,

We run over 10 language stores on the same database (all on different domain names) - so limiting this to 10 makes no sense and is contradictary to the terms everyone (including even today's current X-Cart guidelines, which in themselves vary drastically from those others and I actually signed up for X-Cart with... while BOTH are not restricted in any way by NUMBER of domains)...
i.e. any rule which is imposed limiting number domains for X-Payments contradicts with the license terms for mulitple stores on the same database (which previously and currently is not limited to any specific number of stores)... please review and advice!

Thanks and cheers - Asiaplay
Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 AM

X-Cart team

> We run over 10 language stores on the same database (all on different
> domain names)

If we speak about connecting stores to X-Payments it is not limited to domain names. It is limited to X-Cart copies. Your setup is one X-Cart store/license actually so it should work fine with single X-Payments license. However, there can be some technical moments I do not know about. Contact our techs for help in case you can't get all your storefronts connected to X-Payments.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 AM

X-Wizard

Hi Alex,

Ok - so the limiting factor (if I understand correctly is 10 X-Cart license codes per X-Payments) - yes?

Does "URL changes to X-Payments one when someone goes to pay using X-Payments integrated method" mean that for each domain, one can use ONE version of X-Payments each with a different URL (or is the URL the same for ALL domains i.e. all 10 licenses are forced into using ONE SINGLE SHARED URL only)?

Can you please answer my other question(s) as well?
i.e. "Please also clearly advice how the look-up for license is planned to work i.e. if the internet cannot find a connection to the link-assistant server at any time, does that mean we will lose sales (i.e. x-payments will stop working and take the payment process down with it)?

Personally we (and many others) avoid any system that has license look-ups - especially for sensitive information like how many sales our store(s) might make (I personally feel very annoyed at this approach and can not understand why you are planning one for X-Payments) - please clarify?"

Also, is their any aim to now or in the future, to make X-Payments useable as inframe i.e. so it can be used seamlessly with a ONE PAGE CHECKOUT page?

Alex, sorry for all the questions, but I really prefer to get clear answers here, than to waste time playing around with X-Payments, only to find it can not be used in the way we would expect or has limitations that prevent us being able to consider it for our store(s) use.

Thanks again and cheers, Asiaplay
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 AM

X-Cart team

Asiaplay, you do not have to be sorry for asking us questions. That's a
normal situation IMHO.

> Ok - so the limiting factor (if I understand correctly is 10 X-Cart
> license codes per X-Payments) - yes?

Yes. X-Payments allows connecting up to 10 integrated stores. X-Cart license means one license = one store. Several storefronts sharing the same database of products/customers/whatever is one store and one license for X-Cart licensing.
When you setup a new online store in X-Payments you create a store ID that you are to enter in X-PaymentsConnector module configuration in your X-Cart store. Generally speaking you can have up to 10 store IDs created.

> Does "URL changes to X-Payments one when someone goes to pay using X-
> Payments integrated method" mean that for each domain, one can use ONE
> version of X-Payments each with a different URL (or is the URL the same
> for ALL domains i.e. all 10 licenses are forced into using ONE SINGLE
> SHARED URL only)?

You have a store at domain1.com, there is another store at domain2.com
Both stores are connected to the same X-Payments installed at domain1.com/xpayments.

If a customer goes to pay at domain1.com store he/she will be redirected to domain1.com/xpayments and then get back to domain1.com "thank you for your order page"

If a customer goes to pay at domain2.com store he/she will be redirected to domain1.com/xpayments and then get back to domain2.com "thank you for your order page".

I hope this explains.

> i.e. "Please also clearly advice how the look-up for license is planned
> to work i.e. if the internet cannot find a connection to the link-
> assistant server at any time, does that mean we will lose sales (i.e. x-
> payments will stop working and take the payment process down with it)?

I just say that X-Payments won't report your sales, your customers and other data. We do not need and do not collect this type of information (see our privacy policy at http://www.qtmsoft.com/privacy-policy.html)

Neither X-Payments will stop working if there is no Internet connection to our servers.

> Also, is their any aim to now or in the future, to make X-Payments
> useable as inframe i.e. so it can be used seamlessly with a ONE PAGE
> CHECKOUT page?

I am not sure about that. Could you post this idea at http://ideas.x-cart.com?

Alex

Last edited by ambal : 06-29-2010 at 02:16 AM.
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project