Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Advanced Inventory Control of Availability

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 PM

Default Advanced Inventory Control of Availability

I am looking into X-cart for a new venture I have started.

One thing I am looking for in a cart that I have not yet seen is product availability in extreme detail.

I am not looking to do a motorcycle related store; but this store is based on x-cart and has pretty much what I am looking for.

Please view the product here:
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Alpinestars-Men-s-GP-Pro-Leather-Jacket-Black-White-Red/

As you can see when you select a different color jacket in the options tab it allows you to change the size and then you can pick the size of the jacket. Then right below that you can see where it lets you know the availability of the product.

Also there is a tab that says: Part Number/Availability Chart

If you click on it has the products, the size variations, the manufacturer part number and if the product is in stock at the store. If it is not in stock at the store it will show Available and then tell you what day it would ship. Meaning they are taking into consideration lead times from their distributor.

Is this something that someone has already made a Mod for; if so where? If not how much customization do you think is involved in doing this on X-cart?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Advanced Inventory Control of Availability

Hi Nicholas,

X-Cart allows to track inventory of product variants and, if a customer selects a variant which is out of stock, X-Cart displays the "Out of stock" message for it. Otherwise X-Cart shows how many items of this particular variant are available. Please check the following video starting from 2:50 to see what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGlpQN-EihU

If you'd like to display information about product availability like in your example, some custom programming will be required, though. I've asked our quote team to send you a quote for such a customization of your X-Cart copy. They will get back to you on this as soon as possible.
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project