Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Add multiple products to cart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-20-2004, 06:30 AM

X-Adept

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! http://www.pixelitas.com/forum/images/smiles/beerchug.gif

Heh... I had to bring in one of the smilies from my forum
Old 04-20-2004, 01:46 PM

X-Man

Congrats FD. Nice code...
Old 04-20-2004, 06:58 PM

X-Adept

I though birthday boy suppose get us a Cake

also anyone tried this Code? Like to see in action.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:45 AM

eXpert

Thanks for the coding ... any one fancy a seek ... click on the link in my signature.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:50 AM

X-Man

Carlisle Glass looks great. Super nice site. I love this multi-add to cart feature.

Old 04-25-2004, 03:38 PM

Advanced Member

Great mod, funkydunk. With a little bit of modification, it fit a project I was working on perfectly. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:47 PM

Default popup thumbnail

Thanks funkydunk I was about to add this feature to a site I was working on, you saved me a bit of time.

I have taken your code and added a few other bits like adding a stripe to the list to make it easier to read in large product list and I have also added a bit of javascript to popup the thumbnail of the product if you put your mouse over the info image.

I am sure my code can be improved but I thought that I would post my mods here since Funkydunk was kind enough to share the original code.

This was the modification I made to the products.tpl template :- At the top I added the following javascript:

Code:
{* $Id: products.tpl,v 1.36 2003/11/11 14:02:37 svowl Exp $ amended by funkydunk 2004 *} {literal} <script> PositionX = 100; PositionY = 100; defaultWidth = 100; defaultHeight = 100; if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion.charAt(0))>=4){ var isNN=(navigator.appName=="Netscape")?1:0; var isIE=(navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft")!=-1)?1:0;} function popupThumb(imageURL,imageTitle){ var posx = 0; var posy = 0; if (!e) var e = window.event; if (e.pageX || e.pageY) { posx = e.pageX; posy = e.pageY; } else if (e.clientX || e.clientY) { posx = e.clientX; posy = e.clientY; if (isIE) { posx += document.body.scrollLeft+20; posy += document.body.scrollTop; } } var optIE='scrollbars=no,width=100,height=100,left='+posx+',top='+posy; var optNN='scrollbars=no,width='+defaultWidth+',height='+defaultHeight+',left='+posx+',top='+posy; if (isNN){imgWin=window.open('about:blank','',optNN);} if (isIE){imgWin=window.open('about:blank','',optIE);} with (imgWin.document){ writeln('<html><head><title>Loading...</title><style>body{margin:0px;}</style>');writeln('<sc'+'ript>'); writeln('var isNN,isIE;');writeln('if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion.charAt(0))>=4){'); writeln('isNN=(navigator.appName=="Netscape")?1:0;');writeln('isIE=(navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft")!=-1)?1:0;}'); writeln('function reSizeToImage(){');writeln('if (isIE){');writeln('window.resizeTo(100,100);'); writeln('width=100-(document.body.clientWidth-document.images[0].width);'); writeln('height=100-(document.body.clientHeight-document.images[0].height);'); writeln('window.resizeTo(width,height);}');writeln('if (isNN){'); writeln('window.innerWidth=document.images["plant"].width;');writeln('window.innerHeight=document.images["plant"].height;}}'); writeln('function doTitle(){document.title="'+imageTitle+'";}');writeln('</sc'+'ript>'); writeln('</head><body bgcolor=000000 scroll="no" onload="reSizeToImage();doTitle();self.focus()" onblur="self.close()">'); writeln('[img]+imageURL+[/img]</body></html>'); close(); }} </script> {/literal}

To get the stripe add the code on line three of the following:

Code:
{section name=product loop=$products} {counter assign="row"} <tr {if $bg eq ""}{assign var="bg" value="1"} bgcolor="#FFFFFF"{else}{assign var="bg" value=""} bgcolor="#EEEEEE"{/if}>

Then to open the thumbnail image on mouse over change the line

Code:
<td valign="top" width="80" class="listrow" align="center"><a href=product.php?productid={$products[product].productid}>[img]{$ImagesDir}/info.gif[/img]</td>

As you might of noticed from the code above this works with the thumbnail images outside of the database and with the images named after the productcode. Unfortunately I haven't got the time just now to make this more generic as I have other modification I need to make for the site I am working on but hopefully this might come in useful for somebody.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:41 PM

hi,
i couldn't get this to work on 3.4.14, anyone else have any luck?

Also, instead of have them choose the quanities and clicking on submit, is it possible to include a checkbox and then have them click on submit?
Old 05-04-2004, 02:21 AM

eXpert

you could have a dropdown box which only has 0 and 1 in it ... so instead of clicking a checkbox, you should change the dropdown box from 0 to 1.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:14 PM

it looks like the major function behind this mod is:

Code:
if ($amount) { foreach ($amount as $key=>$value) { $productid = $key; $amount = $value;

What would I have have to sub in in order for it to be able to add multiple wishlist items?

Thanks
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions