Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Regarding some link changes...

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 09-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Advanced Member

Default Regarding some link changes...

Does anyone know how to change the following:

On my x-cart top right hand side corner, I have the link "Register". How can I change that text "Register" link so that instead of saying Register to say "My Account"??? I have tried everything, from files, and templates...no answer. Any help, will always be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thet...

x-cart version 4.0.14
Old 09-17-2005, 01:37 PM

One of the really great things about X-Cart is the Webmaster Mode. Once you turn that on, you can edit the wording of anything on your site by simply clicking the words to be edited.

When a word is hyperlinked, you have to position the cursor over the word and hit the 'e' key on your keyboard to edit it.

Other than that, you can edit the 'language variables' through the Languages section of the admin panel. Click Languages in the Administration menu, then choose the language to edit (English, I'm guessing).

The variable you want is called lbl_register. You can call it up (and related phrases) by typing 'register' into the Apply Filter box.

------------------------
X-Cart Gold (maybe again later)

Post Affiliate Pro

http://www.PowerKeysPub.com
Old 09-17-2005, 02:00 PM

Advanced Member

Default Thank you...

Thank you so much for your most help. That did the trick. We are a Native American Retail store getting ready to open our doors soon in Murrieta California. If you reside in the United States or elsewere, please do not hesitate to either register with us or just simply subscribe to our newsletter, and as soon as we open our retail store, we will be more then happy to send you some nice gifts... Again, you are the only person that was able to figure this one out. Well appreciated.

Sincerely,

Thet...
NATIVEHAWK.US
President & Co-Founder
www.nativehawk.us/home.php
Old 09-17-2005, 02:10 PM

You're very welcome. I fully believe in the concept of sharing information to help others in the community. No gift is necessary. Perhaps you will discover something that will help me one day, and that will be repayment enough.

Another great thing about X-Cart is the very informative user's manual. In the 2 and a half years I've been working online, I've never seen a user's manual anywhere nearly as complete as the one that X-Cart comes with.

I highly recommend you print it out to use as a quick reference when needed. Well worth the time and toner.

Good luck on your business.

------------------------
X-Cart Gold (maybe again later)

Post Affiliate Pro

http://www.PowerKeysPub.com
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design