Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Re: Modification items...How to do it?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 01-23-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Modification items...How to do it?

Hello!

My guess is that all of you know how to do these small things. Please help if you know how!
:P
- When signing up for membership, in the "username and password" section there's a drop box that has options for membership. How do I get rid of that box entirely. I do not care about membership types.

- when signing up, is there a way to ask the user to confirm their e-mail address twice? (just like the password)
Even though the e-mail address is required, if they enter it incorrectly, we won't be able to contact them or send their product.

- Most of our customers will probably be from the USA even though we are located in Canada. Instead of Province/Territory in the sign up sections and billing information sections it should be Province/State. How do I make the changes and how do I include all of the USA state and Canada province options as a drop down list? All I can get is the Canadian provinces.

- When registering, at the bottom of the page, it gives you the option of signing up for the newsletter that we have set up. Well, it displays the entire Welcome message. We only want to put the first line in. We do not want the entire welcome message information displayed on the web site. We want the customer to get the entire newsletter by email only. How do I set it up so that only the first line and not the message body is included.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:11 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Modification items...How to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysen
Hello!

My guess is that all of you know how to do these small things. Please help if you know how!
:P
- When signing up for membership, in the "username and password" section there's a drop box that has options for membership. How do I get rid of that box entirely. I do not care about membership types.
Administration -> Membership levels
Delete all membership levels
Quote:
- when signing up, is there a way to ask the user to confirm their e-mail address twice? (just like the password)
Even though the e-mail address is required, if they enter it incorrectly, we won't be able to contact them or send their product.
You would have to mod /xcart/skin1/customer/main/register.tpl then you could use javascript validation for this (check in /xcart/skin1/ for check_email_script.tpl and check_required_fields_js.tpl for guidance)
Quote:
- Most of our customers will probably be from the USA even though we are located in Canada. Instead of Province/Territory in the sign up sections and billing information sections it should be Province/State. How do I make the changes and how do I include all of the USA state and Canada province options as a drop down list? All I can get is the Canadian provinces.
When you install you are given a multi-select box for "Store Location" and you can select one or more (Spain, Canada, US, Great Britain etc.) which will give you an auto-populate pull-down in the profile section. Also check your settings under Admin -> Management -> Countries -> "Has States"
Quote:
- When registering, at the bottom of the page, it gives you the option of signing up for the newsletter that we have set up. Well, it displays the entire Welcome message. We only want to put the first line in. We do not want the entire welcome message information displayed on the web site. We want the customer to get the entire newsletter by email only. How do I set it up so that only the first line and not the message body is included.
Not sure what you mean here. Under Admin -> News Management -> News List you can provide a Short name and a List description that will show up next to the "Subscribe" check box during registration and/or checkout.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Previous post...

Thanks for all the help.

Is there an easier way to do the email verification thing? Modifiying all that code seems quite scary.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design