Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Extra Fields

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-26-2002, 02:11 PM

Advanced Member

Default Extra Fields

Does anyone know how to change the size of an added extra field? I would like to have it the same size as desc and full desc if not larger. Currently the new field will hold 1 long line of text and I need it to hold a number of lines, 50+
Does the Default value have anything to do with the size? If so what would one put into this field?
Old 11-26-2002, 05:13 PM

X-Adept

Hi Russell,

You should access your database using something like phpMyAdmin and manually change the field type of the "param" field from varchar(255) to text.

Hope that helps!

ATKOgirl
Old 11-26-2002, 06:19 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks,
I was driving myself crazy with the templates. Now I guess I will have to work on making phpMyAdmin work on IIS.

Would it be same to assume this would work for extending the tax rate to 3 decimals also?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:43 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks a bunch ATKOgirl. Forced me to get phpMyAdmin working and took care of my tax problem while I was at it.

Still working on changing the size of the box so I can actually put some info into it.
This is from /main/product_modify.tpl. It looks to be the code that draws the size of the description data box.
Code:
<tr> <td valign="top" class="TableCenterProductDetails">{$lng.lbl_description}</td> <td valign="top" class="TableCenterProductDetails"> <textarea name="descr" cols="45" rows="6">{ $product.descr|replace:" ":"\n"}</textarea> {if $fillerror ne "" and $product.descr eq ""}<font class=StarStyle>&lt;&lt;</font>{/if} </td> </tr>
And I am trying to add this to the /modules/extra_Fields/product_modify.tpl in order to resize the box that I am given to enter data into.

Code:
{* $Id: product_modify.tpl,v 1.2 2002/04/23 10:38:01 mav Exp $ *} {section name=field loop=$extra_fields} <tr> <td class="TableCenterProductDetails" height="11">{$extra_fields[field].field}</td> <td class="TableCenterProductDetails" height="11"> <input type="text" name="param0{%field.index%}" size="24" value="{if $product.productid eq ""}{$extra_fields[field].value}{elseif %field.index% eq 0}{$product.param00}{elseif %field.index% eq 1}{$product.param01}{elseif %field.index% eq 2}{$product.param02}{elseif %field.index% eq 3}{$product.param03}{elseif %field.index% eq 4}{$product.param04}{elseif %field.index% eq 5}{$product.param05}{elseif %field.index% eq 6}{$product.param06}{elseif %field.index% eq 7}{$product.param07}{elseif %field.index% eq 8}{$product.param08}{elseif %field.index% eq 9}{$product.param09}{/if}"> </td> </tr> {/section}
I have tried, and will continue to try to get it right but have not yet come up with the correct location to place the code. If anyone could give me a little direction on this, I would be very grateful.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design