Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Menu hover color and font

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-10-2015, 07:49 AM

Advanced Member

Default Menu hover color and font

Hi guys,

Trying to get my head around xcart and it's taking longer than I would like!

Anyway, please can someone help jump start me? I'm trying to change the hover color on my menu, along with the font. I'm using the Clothing template and would like to just do it in the custom CSS (but as a side question, where will I find it in my files?)

Slightly greedy thread as I'm now asking several things at once, but if anyone can answer any of those questions it will be a big help!

Thanks all
Template #42
Old 02-10-2015, 06:47 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Menu hover color and font

Welcome to the forums!

First off I am not sure if posting your license keys in your sig is a great idea. Maybe it's fine, I'd wait and see what a rep from X-Cart says about that.

Another thing I am not sure about, is modifying the Clothing module directly. Since the template is released by X-Cart, I expect it will get updates from time to time. So to make modifications, I would leave the module files alone. Instead I would create a new module, and decorate the classes from the clothing module if needed. In your new module you could also add your own style sheet, and override CSS classes there.

About jump starting you on the CSS, sure no problem. It's just standard CSS, no X-Cart specific magic involved really. But it can be complicated. To answer your question, we really need to look directly at your page so we can inspect the styles. Then we can offer specific advice if you tell us what you want. Can you provide a link to the page in question?
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:27 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Hello everyone!

Mike is absolutely right - publicly posting your license keys for X-Cart 5 packages and modules is a pretty bad idea since they are used to activate the license.

That said, noone can steal the license from you using this key, but they still can use it to activate their own installation. And our licensing manager will come to you asking why you have two separate installations activated with one key.

So to avoid any misunderstanding, please, remove the license keys from your signature.

If any of X-Cart Classic(4.x) license owners is reading this, please, keep in mind that in your case license keys are mainly used for your and our reference. And they have nothing to do with the registration process.

And yes, X-Cart templates are essentially modules, so there will be updates for them too. So the customization rules for modules also apply to template packs.

The following user thanks Kirill for this useful post:
totaltec (02-11-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 02:03 AM

Advanced Member

Hey guys,
Well a few weeks later and I've managed to get my head around most of the Xcart features and quirks. Have removed the licence key from my sig too!

I've been making some changes to the Clothing template files and as suggested, running an update does overwrite these changes. So after each update I have to re-upload the files I've edited. Is there a work around for this or do I just need to accept that I'll have to keep doing this at each update?

There was a caching issue with my CSS back at the time I posted this which again I've worked around so all good.

Thanks for the advice all!
Template #42
Old 03-23-2015, 03:20 AM

X-Guru

Hello!

You should not modify files of the Clothing theme module.

Instead, you have the following options:
1. Using the Theme Tweaker module to add your styles. Here is an example
2. Adding your styles through the Custom Skin module
3. Creating your custom theme based on Clothing and adding your styles there

You may also want to check this video:
http://kb.x-cart.com/display/XDD/Building+a+custom+skin+in+X-Cart+5

---

User manual Video tutorials X-Cart FAQ

You are welcome to press "Thanks" button
if you find this post useful

Click here to learn how to apply patches

X-Cart Extensions