Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Dynamic smartphone template - Is caching a problem

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-13-2011, 04:10 AM

Advanced Member

Lightbulb Dynamic smartphone template - Is caching a problem

I am in the process of designing a app-style template for iphone and android users. No problems with dynamically changing the template, this seems to be working fine.

With 4.4.x the templates_c directory now has folders. Does anyone know if these these relate to changing customer templates?

Under test conditions I am not experiencing any problems so far, however this could be due to templates being recompiled on the fly.

Before anybody points me towards the BCSE plug-in, I have looked at this and want a more app style approach with google checkout and possibly paypal mobile for users convenience when paying. I also want an easy to change colour scheme using css variables.

To be honest the smartphone style template is an easy answer, providing I do not have issues with pre-compiled templates.

Has anyone tried to do the same thing or used templates on the front end which change according to set conditions (domain name, country etc.)

If any experienced x-cart coders want to work on this with me I would be glad to share my code in return for help on this project. PHP, CSS(2 & 3) and/or smarty skills would be needed. I have dedicated server space that can be used for test builds.

XCart 4.1.x ~ 4.7.x
Multiple XC Installations
http://www.x-shops.co.uk
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design