Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Attention: PayPal Express Checkout Update

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-04-2021, 12:30 AM

X-Cart team

Exclamation Attention: PayPal Express Checkout Update

Due to a recent update at PayPal, our legacy PayPal Express integration can no longer support email-only setup, and thus requires API credential configuration.

IMPORTANT: This does not affect the non-legacy PayPal Checkout.

If you are using email-only configuration type for legacy PayPal Express Checkout, we recommend one of the two options:

1. Switch your checkout to non-legacy PayPal Checkout. This version allows X-Cart to retrieve your PayPal credentials via login, which should be easier than manually retrieving your API credentials. Please note that this is our primary integration and it will receive the most frequent updates.

2. If you prefer to keep PayPal Express Checkout, you must update your config to use your API credentials. For a step-by-step instruction, please refer to these articles in the knowledge bases for X-Cart 4 and X-Cart 5 respectively.

We will roll out an update shortly that removes the email-only setup from PayPal Express Checkout to prevent future configuration issues.

If you are not sure which PayPal integration you are using or need any help setting up either the legacy PayPal Express or the current PayPal Checkout integration, please contact support and we will be happy to help you.

The following user thanks Anastasia Zhavoronkova for this useful post:
pino_xcart (06-06-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Attention: PayPal Express Checkout Update

Hi,

How do I stop this message from appearing in my Dashboard every time I log in?

I do not use Paypal as a Payment Method so it is not relevant to me - but there appears to be no way to delete it.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Keith

The following user thanks shinola for this useful post:
Mick (06-24-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 03:18 AM

X-Cart team

Hi Keith! Sorry for the long wait.

Please try executing the following SQL query:

Code:
INSERT INTO xcart_config (name,value,defvalue,variants) VALUES ('applied_patches',',bt_148751-ver1,bt_415982-ver1','','') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE value = CONCAT_WS(',',value,'bt_148751-ver1,bt_415982-ver1');

as described here: https://help.x-cart.com/X-Cart:Applying_Patches#Applying_SQL_Patches

Let me know if this works.
Old 07-25-2022, 12:51 PM

X-Adept

"Switch your checkout to non-legacy PayPal Checkout. This version allows X-Cart to retrieve your PayPal credentials via login, which should be easier than manually retrieving your API credentials. Please note that this is our primary integration and it will receive the most frequent updates."

Seems this is for xcart 5 users not ver 4.7.x

Checked and I have API calls being made with API Access Username etc

And yet I still occasionally get "no token needed" when checking out with Paypal - I would say it happens one time in every 7 orders - and there is no pattern to it - different browsers, different OS's etc , some are registered xcart users - others are checking out as anon

So Im stuck - other than ditch paypal and go to somewhere like Sage Pay - or look to jump off xcart and go to ecwid , used ecwid before on lots of sites - and it's drag drop - copy paste 5 lines of text - or just install the wordpress plugin and everything else is done for you
php 7.x
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements