Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Heres A Tough One For You

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-10-2003, 01:10 PM

Default Heres A Tough One For You

I to be able to switch the template when I switch to a different section.

Example: For the Category Night Life I want a darker night time feel. But for the Wedding Category I want a brighter look and feel to the page.

If someone could assist on this concept it would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

John 7
Old 02-10-2003, 06:25 PM

Just an idea, but you could store CSS (either a pointer or the actual CSS code) in the category database (or a separate cross referenced database). This could either replace the existing tags, or you could have specific tags for the category page.

In reality it shouldn't be ~that~ difficult to do.

Brian
Old 02-10-2003, 06:28 PM

X-Guru

I have a particular mod that I've labeled skin_swap if you want to search the forums for this it may help you in doing what you want, however it requires alot of modification backend wise to the cart in order for this functionality to exist.

Old 02-10-2003, 06:41 PM

Default Good question, I have a similar problem.

My problem is that I have two templates : home and (non-home)
The first is the homepage, the other is everything else.
So when a user comes to the homepage, there is one look
and every other page has a different look.

In the customer file home.tpl calls head.tpl and then calls home_main.tpl .

Basically I need a solution that has two X-Cart templates/setups.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:30 PM

X-Guru

http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=165&highlight=modskinswap
Old 02-12-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Hmmm perhaps this...

I was thinking perhaps somehow I could setup two different home.tpl files and somehow have it switch between the different files. This would in effect allow me to change the look of the page.

Does anyone have any idea on how to make this happen?

Thanks

John7
Old 02-13-2003, 01:34 PM

Default I have an idea!

What if I install a second copy of xcart to a different directory but have it use the same database as the first copy.

And then in each copy have it use a different home.tpl

I think this would do what I want.

What do you think? Is this feasable?

John7
Old 02-13-2003, 11:43 PM

X-Man

I think the easiest way would be to amend home.tpl from:

Code:
{* $Id: home.tpl,v 1.39 2002/09/11 11:25:00 zorg Exp $ *} { config_load file="$skin_config" } <html> <head> <title>{$lng.txt_site_title} {if $main eq "catalog"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_home} {elseif $main eq "help"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_help} {elseif $main eq "cart"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_cart} {elseif $main eq "checkout"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_checkout} {elseif $main eq "order_message"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_thankyou} {/if} </title> { include file="meta.tpl" } <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}"> </head> <body class="background"> { include file="rectangle_top.tpl" } { include file="head.tpl" } <table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align="center"> <tr> <td class=TableLeft width=150 valign=top> { include file="customer/categories.tpl" } {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Gift_Certificates ne ""} { include file="modules/Gift_Certificates/gc_menu.tpl" } {/if} { include file="help.tpl" } </td> <td width=20></td> <td valign=top> {include file="customer/home_main.tpl"} </td> <td width=20></td> <td width=148 valign=top class=TableLeft> { include file="customer/menu_cart.tpl" } {if $login eq "" } { include file="auth.tpl" } {else} { include file="authbox.tpl" } {/if} { include file="news.tpl" } { include file="poweredby.tpl" } </td> </tr> <tr> <td class=TableLeft></td> <td></td> <td>{ include file="copyright.tpl" }</td> <td></td> <td></td> </tr> </table> { include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" } </body> </html>

to:

Code:
{* $Id: home.tpl,v 1.39 2002/09/11 11:25:00 zorg Exp $ *} { config_load file="$skin_config" } <html> <head> <title>{$lng.txt_site_title} {if $main eq "catalog"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_home} {elseif $main eq "help"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_help} {elseif $main eq "cart"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_cart} {elseif $main eq "checkout"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_checkout} {elseif $main eq "order_message"} {$lng.txt_subtitle_thankyou} {/if} </title> { include file="meta.tpl" } {if $cat eq ""} <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}"> {elseif $cat eq "put cat number for Nightlife in here"} <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/skin2.css"> {elseif $cat eq "put cat number for wedding in here"} <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/skin3.css"> {/if} </head> <body class="background"> { include file="rectangle_top.tpl" } { include file="head.tpl" } <table border=0 width=100% cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 align="center"> <tr> <td class=TableLeft width=150 valign=top> { include file="customer/categories.tpl" } {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu eq "Y"} { include file="modules/Bestsellers/menu_bestsellers.tpl" } {/if} {if $active_modules.Gift_Certificates ne ""} { include file="modules/Gift_Certificates/gc_menu.tpl" } {/if} { include file="help.tpl" } </td> <td width=20></td> <td valign=top> {include file="customer/home_main.tpl"} </td> <td width=20></td> <td width=148 valign=top class=TableLeft> { include file="customer/menu_cart.tpl" } {if $login eq "" } { include file="auth.tpl" } {else} { include file="authbox.tpl" } {/if} { include file="news.tpl" } { include file="poweredby.tpl" } </td> </tr> <tr> <td class=TableLeft></td> <td></td> <td>{ include file="copyright.tpl" }</td> <td></td> <td></td> </tr> </table> { include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" } </body> </html>

You will need to create two other versions of the skin1.css file and insert the category ids of the two categories that you wanted.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design