Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

AlteredCart: Checkout One, On Sale... is Bill still around?
 
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-30-2013, 05:45 PM
 
carpeperdiem carpeperdiem is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City, USA
Posts: 5,399
 

Default AlteredCart: Checkout One, On Sale... is Bill still around?

Altered Cart quietly released their "Cash Rewards :: Advanced Customer Loyalty Program" module earlier in the year -- and I quietly integrated it into my store over the summer.

I am starting this thread to congratulate Bill for the superb mod, and to share my integration with others in the community.

We had been using the BCSE Customer Reward Points (CRP) module for many years - but a bunch of things inspired me to seek out a different solution:

a) redeeming CRP points was tricky for the customer (and admin too). CRP redemptions are considered a "discount" - and it was a multi-step process to do a partial redemption and then pay the balance with credit card. Way too many errors or customers simply giving up;

b) because CRP was a "discount" - combining CRP redemptions with other discounts or coupons was sometimes impossible;

I wanted a solution that permitted the customer to redeem in checkout, without going through an extra process. I wanted a solution that automated bonuses for specific products or categories. Automatic posting when a review is approved. Automatic credit for signing up.

Cash Rewards (CR) does all of this. IN the cart.

And Bill made it so that a 100% redemption solved tax issues -- since a free item is not taxable in many/most jurisdictions. This was a big deal!!!

The days of "you need 25,000 miles/points to redeem a free ticket" from the land of frequent flyer programs is very 20th century. Modern loyalty programs accrue based on spend or other metrics, and redemptions often start at 0 -- if you earned it, you can redeem it. This is what I wanted. I wanted a system that allowed the customer to simply apply their rewards in the cart, without having to go through a checkout process just to return to the cart.

CR is a wonderful UX for the customer. It's not hidden.

I am gushing... I don't do this too often here.

If you want to see CR in action, PM me and I'll share my URL.
__________________
xcart 4.5.4 gold+ w/x-payments 1.0.6; xcart gold 4.4.4

The following 4 users thank carpeperdiem for this useful post:
anandat (12-30-2013), candc (03-20-2014), cflsystems (12-30-2013), tony_sologubov (01-21-2014)
  #2  
Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 AM
 
carpeperdiem carpeperdiem is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City, USA
Posts: 5,399
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

I'm gonna bump this because I have happy customers.
__________________
xcart 4.5.4 gold+ w/x-payments 1.0.6; xcart gold 4.4.4

The following 2 users thank carpeperdiem for this useful post:
elmirage001 (01-14-2014), KevinVA (06-09-2015)
  #3  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:23 AM
 
espresso espresso is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 223
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

Thumbs up, ever since switching from bcse to AC CR customers actually use the points and our repeat customer stats have gone up significantly! We use it together with AC OPC. Ajax refresh when applying reward points, brilliant.

While Bill has implemented many of our recommendations, we are still waiting for some features in the admin back end:

1. Need to be able to include notes when adding points to customers account.
2. Need to be able to set an expiry date when adding points to customer account.
3. Some sort of automation to reverse points when cancelling or refunding orders.
4. Better reporting on top collecting users, expiry dates, reward programs statistics.

Hey Bill, thank you for continuing developing and supporting your invaluable 4.x mods.
__________________
Rene
End user - merchant
Did the big jump from 4.5.3 to 4.6.6
Testing 5
Mods:
CDSEO-Pro, xCMS, Create-A-Sale, OPC AC, Cash Rewards AC, On-Sale AC, Smart-Search AC, Kit Builder AC, Manufacturer-A-Z, Product-Bundle, Remember-Cart, Testimonials, Customer Quotes, CFL mods and many more.

The following 4 users thank espresso for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (03-20-2014), elmirage001 (06-29-2014), KevinVA (06-09-2015), wjbrewer (03-17-2014)
  #4  
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM
 
candc candc is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 292
 

Thumbs up Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

I will bump this as well and have my own little gush if I may

Thanks for the post carpeperdiem, found this one whilst looking for reviews on this mod.

All installed & working perfectly, absolutely over the moon with it

Had a really tiny glitch on the install, support was as always top notch.

The way it all integrates into AC OPC with the Ajax refresh is indeed brilliant.

There are a lot of features as well, will take a while to check them all out.
__________________
Ver 4.4.4 Gold
Ability
BCSE Pre Order
BCSE Global Product Options
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
MM OPC - Gave up with it
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD

Ver 4.4.4 Gold
Ability
BCSE Pre Order
BCSE Global Product Options
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD
  #5  
Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 AM
 
designguru designguru is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 418
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

How is the discount listed?
As there are several prices how is the discount listed in the system?

We also use the sale mod from Bill.

Example:

Item price: $30
Market price: $35
Sale price: $27 (10%)

I'm asking this because of the possibilities of accounting when provider payments
are involved. Bonus points deducted equally or only on admins share?
__________________
X-Cart Pro 4.6.2 with many modules
X-CART Pro 4.4.1
  #6  
Old 06-29-2014, 06:44 AM
 
carpeperdiem carpeperdiem is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City, USA
Posts: 5,399
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

Quote:
Originally Posted by designguru
How is the discount listed?
As there are several prices how is the discount listed in the system?

We also use the sale mod from Bill.

Example:

Item price: $30
Market price: $35
Sale price: $27 (10%)

I'm asking this because of the possibilities of accounting when provider payments
are involved. Bonus points deducted equally or only on admins share?

Cash rewards becomes its own pseudo-payment method, independent/in addition/in-lieu of other payment methods.
It's NOT a "true" discount. Well, sort of.

Ultimately, we use the variable,
{$order.order.extra.tax_info.taxed_discounted_subt otal}
as the "reported" final transaction amount (after all deductions and sales and coupons) that is sent to affiliates. (what did the customer actually pay after all coupons, redemptions and sale offers?)

The ability to apply the rewards in the cart, without disrupting coupons or sales is an INVALUABLE feature that is not found in most reward or loyalty programs. THIS ALONE makes this module one of the best modules ever written for xcart.
__________________
xcart 4.5.4 gold+ w/x-payments 1.0.6; xcart gold 4.4.4

The following 2 users thank carpeperdiem for this useful post:
designguru (06-29-2014), elmirage001 (06-29-2014)
  #7  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:56 AM
 
designguru designguru is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 418
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
Cash rewards becomes its own pseudo-payment method, independent/in addition/in-lieu of other payment methods.
It's NOT a "true" discount. Well, sort of.

Ultimately, we use the variable,
{$order.order.extra.tax_info.taxed_discounted_subt otal}
as the "reported" final transaction amount (after all deductions and sales and coupons) that is sent to affiliates. (what did the customer actually pay after all coupons, redemptions and sale offers?)

The ability to apply the rewards in the cart, without disrupting coupons or sales is an INVALUABLE feature that is not found in most reward or loyalty programs. THIS ALONE makes this module one of the best modules ever written for xcart.


Does this mean it uses the correct variables out of the box so the amount paid after all sales from sales mod deducted is used? Or did you customize?

It's a nice mod. However, how did it affect your returning customers rate?
__________________
X-Cart Pro 4.6.2 with many modules
X-CART Pro 4.4.1
  #8  
Old 06-29-2014, 09:02 AM
 
carpeperdiem carpeperdiem is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City, USA
Posts: 5,399
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

Quote:
Originally Posted by designguru
Does this mean it uses the correct variables out of the box so the amount paid after all sales from sales mod deducted? Or did you customize?

It's a nice mod. However, how did it affect your returning customers rate?

I did not customize any variables.
I am USING the variable {$order.order.extra.tax_info.taxed_discounted_subt otal}
to report "what the customer paid" to affiliates and to other analytics

Returning customers are CRUCIAL to my business. I have some customers that have made 30+ orders. My customers use the rewards and enjoy the permanent 10% discount. It also keeps them on our mailing list for members-only offers.

Loyalty marketing is the new normal.
Altered Cart's module meets most of the needs - If I were building a new xcart store in 4.6.x I wouldn't dream of not using this module.
__________________
xcart 4.5.4 gold+ w/x-payments 1.0.6; xcart gold 4.4.4

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
KevinVA (06-09-2015)
  #9  
Old 06-29-2014, 09:09 AM
 
designguru designguru is offline
 

X-Adept
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 418
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
I did not customize any variables.
I am USING the variable {$order.order.extra.tax_info.taxed_discounted_subt otal}
to report "what the customer paid" to affiliates and to other analytics

Returning customers are CRUCIAL to my business. I have some customers that have made 30+ orders. My customers use the rewards and enjoy the permanent 10% discount. It also keeps them on our mailing list for members-only offers.

Loyalty marketing is the new normal.
Altered Cart's module meets most of the needs - If I were building a new xcart store in 4.6.x I wouldn't dream of not using this module.

1. Ok. So no customization was needed.

2. Did you measure before/after in %?
How can you make sure they stay on/only can use a 10% discount when on your maillist when using mailchimp?

3. In the end it's facts that count for me
__________________
X-Cart Pro 4.6.2 with many modules
X-CART Pro 4.4.1
  #10  
Old 06-29-2014, 09:19 AM
 
carpeperdiem carpeperdiem is offline
 

X-Guru
  
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City, USA
Posts: 5,399
 

Default Re: Altered Cart "Cash Rewards - Advanced Customer Loyalty Program"

Quote:
Originally Posted by designguru
1. Ok. So no customization was needed.

2. Did you measure before/after in %?
How can you make sure they stay on/only can use a 10% discount when on your maillist when using mailchimp?

3. In the end it's facts that count for me

1. I customized the css. I also customized checkout1 for "one page registration" and also made various landing pages. If you want to see a no-custom code install, look at altered cart demo store.

2. no measurements before/after as we've had a loyalty program since launch. it's just part of our business.

3. want to go out of business quickly? shut down or change your long-standing loyalty program.

On the other hand, Duane Reade stores in NYC devalued their loyalty program 3 times over 5 years when Walgreens purchased them. I stopped shopping there, because the CVS loyalty program is better. But they are still in business. I don't think the loyalty program was a big part of their marketing.

But for a small merchant, I'm not gonna go there.
__________________
xcart 4.5.4 gold+ w/x-payments 1.0.6; xcart gold 4.4.4

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
KevinVA (06-09-2015)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:18 PM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2018