Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Changing the logo on Ideal Responsive again?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-16-2013, 12:24 PM

Question Changing the logo on Ideal Responsive again?

Hello, I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the post with the answer. So here is my problem.

I want to change the logo. I did it before but know I need to update it? I modified the skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_lg.png image to include the word "Retail" in red. I uploaded it and replaced it. The old logo did not change.

I went into Tools>Maintenance>Re-generate the image cache. That did not fix it. I went into my var/cache/ and deleted the cache files and that did not work?

Any help would be great! Thank you for taking the time to look at my problem!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Changing the logo on Ideal Responsive again?

Is the sprite located in the normal ideal_comfort skin?

Darren
Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 AM

I checked and it is not in the ideal_comfort skin. It looks like those are two different themes.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:14 AM

did you replace /skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_lg.png and /skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_sm.png

Can you see the changes if you goto : www.yourdomainname.com/skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_lg.png or www.yourdomainname.com/skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_sm.png

?

Darren
Old 10-17-2013, 08:20 AM

I just used Firebug to see if the graphic was changed and it was. So the graphic is correct but it just will not show up?

I did change the /skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_lg.png and /skin/ideal_responsive/images/main_sprites_sm.png files.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 AM

Veteran

clear cache - XC and browser
Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 AM

rageon75, can't advise much more unless you post an address for people to look at.

Darren
Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 AM

X-Adept

As per X-cart instructions: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Replacing_X-Cart%27s_Logo_in_the_Ideal_Responsive_Skin

I opened skin/ideal_responsive/images/ folder in my 4.7.8 X-Cart installation as per above URL instructions, but there are only three files there, and one of them is not downloading or opening in order to see it and it is named as logo.png. There are no such files as:

main_sprites_lg.png
main_sprites_sm.png<u>.
<u>main_sprites_lg.png
main_sprites_sm.png

Instead, the entire "images" folder contains only "Custom" (folder) and two image files: gclink.png and logo.png . Out of which the logo.png is not opening for viewing and it says "downloaded" but it did not download anywhere and it is not opening, while gclink.png opens for viewing normally. This is not what I need to do, but I wanted to look up what is logo.png all about.

I also don't know why X-cart is adding <u> in the two image names? Is this necessary or are these just carelessly written instructions?

So should I save as: main_sprites_sm.png and post it in the images directory which is almost empty. Where are the existing X-cart files in it?

Also as per:

"Edit the main_sprites_lg.png and main_sprites_sm.png images in your favorite image editor to replace (REPLACE!?) X-Cart's default company logo images contained in them with your own company logo graphics."

How do you do that? Where are those image png files located at? They are existing files that need to be edited/replaced, right?

Also, when I look up the location of the top header logo image: skin/ideal_responsive/images/custom/logo.png

So it is called logo.png and not main_sprites_lg.png & main_sprites_sm.png? This becomes more confusing. I already created two size versions of my logo and named them as Per X-cart instructions (without the <u>) and loaded them into the server exactly as per X-cart instructions and cleared browser cache and NOTHING.... Obviously, because the logo is called logo.png and not main_sprites_lg.png or main_sprites_sm.png. What's up with that?

And another issue: Big image in the default X-cart 4.7.8 in the center top of home page with "SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE". Should this image be made same with responsive instructions (complicated) in different sizes etc?

One more issue: Left side of the footer of 4.7.8 XC, above "Users Online" where it says: " (My company name here) - X-Cart". This text was edited by me, but "X-cart" this word forces itself back... and I see they placed a code there, so you can not remove it? Right? I asked X-cart but they did not respond it. Lately it takes 2-3 weeks for them to respond to a ticket. But for SECURITY purpose I want to remove it (X-cart) although otherwise i don't mind it there, so why block this removal? How do I remove it?

Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

Tom
Old 07-31-2017, 02:17 AM

Advanced Staff Users

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider
As per X-cart instructions: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Replacing_X-Cart%27s_Logo_in_the_Ideal_Responsive_Skin

I opened skin/ideal_responsive/images/ folder in my 4.7.8 X-Cart installation as per above URL instructions, but there are only three files there, and one of them is not downloading or opening in order to see it and it is named as logo.png. There are no such files as:

main_sprites_lg.png
main_sprites_sm.png<u>.
<u>main_sprites_lg.png
main_sprites_sm.png

Instead, the entire "images" folder contains only "Custom" (folder) and two image files: gclink.png and logo.png . Out of which the logo.png is not opening for viewing and it says "downloaded" but it did not download anywhere and it is not opening, while gclink.png opens for viewing normally. This is not what I need to do, but I wanted to look up what is logo.png all about.

I also don't know why X-cart is adding <u> in the two image names? Is this necessary or are these just carelessly written instructions?

So should I save as: main_sprites_sm.png and post it in the images directory which is almost empty. Where are the existing X-cart files in it?

Also as per:

"Edit the main_sprites_lg.png and main_sprites_sm.png images in your favorite image editor to replace (REPLACE!?) X-Cart's default company logo images contained in them with your own company logo graphics."

How do you do that? Where are those image png files located at? They are existing files that need to be edited/replaced, right?

Also, when I look up the location of the top header logo image: skin/ideal_responsive/images/custom/logo.png

So it is called logo.png and not main_sprites_lg.png & main_sprites_sm.png? This becomes more confusing. I already created two size versions of my logo and named them as Per X-cart instructions (without the <u>) and loaded them into the server exactly as per X-cart instructions and cleared browser cache and NOTHING.... Obviously, because the logo is called logo.png and not main_sprites_lg.png or main_sprites_sm.png. What's up with that?

And another issue: Big image in the default X-cart 4.7.8 in the center top of home page with "SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE". Should this image be made same with responsive instructions (complicated) in different sizes etc?

One more issue: Left side of the footer of 4.7.8 XC, above "Users Online" where it says: " (My company name here) - X-Cart". This text was edited by me, but "X-cart" this word forces itself back... and I see they placed a code there, so you can not remove it? Right? I asked X-cart but they did not respond it. Lately it takes 2-3 weeks for them to respond to a ticket. But for SECURITY purpose I want to remove it (X-cart) although otherwise i don't mind it there, so why block this removal? How do I remove it?

Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

Tom

Dear Tom,

1) I have adjusted the
http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Replacing_X-Cart%27s_Logo_in_the_Ideal_Responsive_Skin article

2) Both ways are possible for the welcome banner

3) Please have a look
https://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:FAQs#How_to_remove_.22Powered_by_X-Cart:_shopping_cart_software.22_text.3F

Thank you.

The following user thanks aim for this useful post:
neonrider (08-08-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 11:21 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim

Hi, thanks:

1. You had outdated instructions up until now? Now it is even less clear how to create responsive logo for ideal responsive skin.

"In the file skin/ideal_responsive/css/altskin.css, create a new css class for the main logo - for instance, 'logo_custom' - by adding the following lines:"

1A. How does one "create a new css class"? Where to add those lines?

2. Both ways... but where is the instruction how to do it for the IDEAL RESPONSIVE skin? The reason I bought a SECOND X-cart license is to have a shop that is mobile-friendly-responsive.

Also, what happened to my other questions? Add <u> or not? Or is it a typo?

What happened to this? See below:

main_sprites_lg.png
main_sprites_sm.png<u>.
<u>main_sprites_lg.png
main_sprites_sm.png

How about responding to this one? See below:

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design