Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XPC iFrame: Submit button

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 PM

X-Guru

Default XPC iFrame: Submit button

I seem to be the first to implement the iFrame with XPC --

I solved most of the design challenges to integrate the "lite interface" into 4.5.4 one page checkout.

There are a few very annoying design defects (cosmetic) that I need X-cart help to remedy.

1. The submit button.
see: http://www.youtube.com/v/sGjdOdVVnnM
at about 00:15, the big ugly rectangular submit button.

a) the code for submit does not behave like a true link. The cursor does not change to a hand, and there is no indication that this is a button. Just because it's a rectangle and says, "Submit" is not the universal "CLICK ME" -- the cursor becoming a hand is expected. My office manager failed to click because of this. And she's my customer.

b) the submit button should have easily editable button code (now that's a joke) just like x-cart. Well, if not easy, then it should be just like x-cart. I want a hover and maybe even a click interface. This is not rocket science -- but x-payments hides this stuff.

2. Related to the submit button, the SIZE of

.xpc-iframe-shown

in /common_files/css/main.css
(also in altskin.css)

is stock 470px -- this is WAY TOO LARGE for most credit card gateways. At least for mine (Elavon). So I made it smaller (300px) -- but thee is also a <div> in xpc_iframe.tpl that calls

.button-hider

And .button-hider looks like it puts a 50% transparent box over the submit button until the fields are all filled out.

THAT's a TERRIBLE WAY TO DO THIS! Because it disrupts the formatting of the credit card input box. I can guarantee that most merchants accept more than just credit cards from the xpc gateway.

The way to do this is with the button css. And I hate the x-cart button code so much -- but it needs to be done. I don't want to do it. But if the iFrame xpc solution is the future, it needs to be done.

Alex, I KNOW that some of this code is x-cart -- but it's only there because of x-payments.

SO to summarize, my shopping list to make xpc iframe work and not fool the customer:

1. The Submit button must look like the rest of X-Cart. If a skin has rounded rectangles (Books & Magazines) then the xpc iframe must try to match the skin, or provide a place where the dev can do so;

2. THe submit button must ACT like every other button in xcart -- including hover and click;

3. The method of disabling a button when fields are not filled in and not ready to submit should not be a transparent div that destroys the page formatting.

Want to look at my store? I'll PM you a link.

Thanks,

Jeremy

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
Duramax 6.6L (11-24-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 11:30 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: XPC iFrame: Submit button

DId I say that the "now processing" image while the iFrame loads is sized for a much larger page and looks terrible. It should be the size of the container.

The following user thanks carpeperdiem for this useful post:
Duramax 6.6L (11-24-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 12:59 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: XPC iFrame: Submit button

Jeremy, thank you for impressive list of suggestions. I am to show them to X-Payments development team, but I want you to know that we are going to roll out improved iFrame support for OPC and iFrame support for FLC along with improved checkout routine in X-Cart. I hope to have these improvements included in our next X-Cart v4.5.x version,.

We should pay good attention to your suggestions here, too.
X-Payments product manager

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
cherie (11-07-2012), photo (11-05-2012)
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions