Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Visual fix - "Please wait while we process your order&q

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 07-07-2005, 11:02 AM

Advanced Member

Default Visual fix - "Please wait while we process your order&q

Hello All!

I am trying to figure out a way to make the Payment_wait.php page use the site template instead of the blank white page.

I have tried adding and include "home.tpl" tag, and it sucessfully displays the site layout, but I get an "access denied" message for about 30 seconds and then the order goes thru.

There is most likely something simple that I have missed, so I call upon the mighty programming skills of the gurus present !

Any suggestions?

v. 4.0.14

X-Cart v 4.0.14
X-Cart v 4.0.11
Old 07-07-2005, 12:10 PM

Veteran

Allan,

I highly recommend against adding the main template to this file. It is meant to simply flash on the screen for a couple seconds. Adding the entire site template will significantly slow down this process. You can format the text, and maybe add some color...but I wouldn't add anything that would delay the process.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Advanced Member

Balinor,

Thank you for your concerned response. After I posted this, i thought about it a bit more and decided to just add the "head.tpl", not the "home.tpl". As I use the PP Pro payment processor, sometimes the "please wait while..." message can stay for up to 45 seconds, so at least I wanted to make that part of the process look like it is actually part of the site.

After completing this task, the page now uses the main site header and stylesheet to at least to make it less ugly and more personalized. Page Load speed is more than adequate

I expanded on the idea posted here: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=15473&highlight=paymentwait

and came up with the following if anyone is interested: - (Thanks to svtorres for the initial work!)

Edit include/payment_wait.php - replace with the following:

Code:
<?php /*****************************************************************************\ +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | X-Cart | | Copyright (c) 2001-2005 Ruslan R. Fazliev <rrf@rrf.ru> | | All rights reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT IN THE "COPYRIGHT" | | FILE PROVIDED WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION. THE AGREEMENT TEXT IS ALSO AVAILABLE | | AT THE FOLLOWING URL: http://www.x-cart.com/license.php | | | | THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH YOU MAY USE | | THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND ASSOCIATED DOCUMENTATION THAT RUSLAN R. | | FAZLIEV (hereinafter referred to as "THE AUTHOR") IS FURNISHING OR MAKING | | AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SOFTWARE"). | | PLEASE REVIEW THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT | | CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING, | | COPYING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AND YOUR COMPANY | | (COLLECTIVELY, "YOU") ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS | | LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THIS | | AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. VARIOUS COPYRIGHTS AND | | OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECT THE SOFTWARE. THIS | | AGREEMENT IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT THAT GIVES YOU LIMITED RIGHTS TO USE | | THE SOFTWARE AND NOT AN AGREEMENT FOR SALE OR FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE.| | THE AUTHOR RETAINS ALL RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED BY THIS AGREEMENT. | | | | The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Ruslan R. Fazliev | | Portions created by Ruslan R. Fazliev are Copyright (C) 2001-2005 | | Ruslan R. Fazliev. All Rights Reserved. | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ \*****************************************************************************/ # # $Id: payment_wait.php,v 1.3.2.1 2005/01/12 07:41:55 svowl Exp $ # if (!defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../");} func_flush(); func_display("customer/paymentprocessing.tpl",$smarty); ?>

Create a new file called paymentprocessing.tpl - (will reside in /skin1/customer) - with the below information:

Code:
{* $Id: paymentprocessing.tpl,v 1.0 2005/07/07 13:28:00 svowl Exp $ *} { config_load file="$skin_config" } <HTML> <HEAD> <LINK rel="stylesheet" href="{$SkinDir}/{#CSSFile#}"> </HEAD> <BODY leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"> { include file="rectangle_top.tpl" } { include file="head.tpl" } </p> </p> </p> <p align="center"><font size="5" color="#000080">Please wait while your order is being placed.....</font></p> </TD> <TD width="20"></TD> </TR> </TABLE> { include file="rectangle_bottom.tpl" } </BODY> </HTML>

You can change the font color to better match your site if desired, in this example, it is dark blue.

Hope this helps someone!

Allan

X-Cart v 4.0.14
X-Cart v 4.0.11
Old 07-08-2005, 12:52 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks- that looks a lot better!

JKW
X-Cart Config v4.4.2
www.custommalashop.com
Mesa, AZ
=========
Old 07-20-2005, 07:34 PM

eXpert

I agree, much better! Thanks.

Jason
Old 10-09-2005, 07:27 AM

Default HI

I want to add ths image http://www.eaglemobiles.co.uk/e-shop/skin1/images/order_process.gif but when i open the animation does not work, may be because the time need to be more. Any one please can help?

Thanks

High Quality CCTV DVRs & Cameras
http://www.eaglemobiles.co.uk/CCTV
Old 10-30-2005, 11:21 PM

maybe you could use a Javascript to preload the image on the page before.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:01 PM

Advanced Member

Default location payment_wait.php

dumb question, but I can't locate payment_wait.php

any help?!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:17 AM

Check your store/include/payment_wait.php

High Quality CCTV DVRs & Cameras
http://www.eaglemobiles.co.uk/CCTV
Old 12-07-2005, 06:19 PM

Default payment_wait.php woes

This script causes a malformed html page (at least when using payflow link as we are) and a bad user experience -- our site is dark and they go from one dark page to another with a glaring white page in between that states:

"Your order is being placed. Please wait...

Please wait while connecting to VeriSign Payflow Link payment gateway..."

in the middle. It's hideous. Shall I comment the include of payment_wait.php altogether from payment_cc.php? It would seem that that would be the only way to get a properly formed html page out of cc_verisignl.php without doing something even uglier -- having payment wait begin the html tags for the whole page and remove them from the cc_verisignl.php. Yuck.

Anyone already crossed this bridge?

TIA.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions