Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Would this work? xcart pro project planning

X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project

Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Default Would this work? xcart pro project planning

Hello,

I've been planning a project with cost and complexity in mind, and i'm not sure im going down the right route. Could I possibly get some advice!?

I'm planning a multi-vendor/seller e-commerce site for vendors in US, UK and Euro-zone countries.

I would like them to be able to sell in their own currency to people in their own country (mainly). I would like the payments to be processed in the currency of their choosing. (so I can refund the vendor with minimum hassle/cost).

Example: US vendor sells in USD, USD is displayed as the product currency and payment is processed in that currency. If a customer wishes to pay in another then they pay the conversion charge. (I will include a feature to filter between currencies)

At the moment I have not decided on cart software and I am thinking about ixxo or x-cart. I am also looking into modifying the cart software rather than having three different carts for different countries √ (cost motivation and complexity).

I could possible have multiple carts, however this would mean separate product databases - and I would like Euro/gbp customers to be able to have the choice of where to buy.

Please tell me what you think, and if you can think of an easier way around the problem. Thank you : )
Old 05-21-2010, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Would this work? xcart pro project planning

Looks like i've found the answers at Ixxo, just a lot more expensive! Still, if anyone has any other advice... i'm open to any ideas
Old 05-21-2010, 02:31 AM

X-Cart team

Ixxo web-site is not accessible at the moment, so I can't compare.

With X-Cart PRO you can't have multiple sellers selling in their own currencies to their own customers. You should consider using multiple X-Cart GOLD installations ($115/license if under 10 licenses or $90 per license if 10+ licenses) customized to share the same database and admin back-end.

Or

Single X-Cart PRO ($431 for one license) customized in a way that customers can buy products from their country providers only and pay to provider's merchant accounts. I am not sure how much customization is going to cost and advise you to post a request for quote using http://www.x-cart.com/request_quote.html
X-Payments project manager
Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
You should consider using multiple X-Cart GOLD installations ($115/license if under 10 licenses or $90 per license if 10+ licenses) customized to share the same database and admin back-end.

How about multiple x-cart pro installations with a shared database/back end. With each set to a different currency?

Quote:
Single X-Cart PRO ($431 for one license) customized in a way that customers can buy products from their country providers only and pay to provider's merchant accounts.

I've got a request going at the moment, i'm just not sure i'm trying to do it the right/easiest way. I was looking to use my own merchant account.

Have people had customisations allowing providers to use their own merchant accounts?

Quote:
Ixxo web-site is not accessible

Did you try http://www.php-shop-system.com/
Old 05-24-2010, 01:19 AM

X-Cart team

> How about multiple x-cart pro installations with a shared database/back
> end. With each set to a different currency?

I don't think you need multiple PRO copies unless you are going to have different providers in each copy. Multiple GOLDs much cheaper!

> Have people had customisations allowing providers to use their own merchant accounts?

Yes, we've done such projects. But if you are going to use one merchant account you won't need a customization.

Alex
X-Payments project manager
   X-Cart forums > Considering X-Cart > Considering using X-Cart for my project