Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pre-Login Shipping Calculator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 05-24-2008, 09:11 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Pre-Login Shipping Calculator

Also note we have updated the module to work with FedexDirect. If you have an old copy feel free to "buy" a new free copy, or email us with your old order # and we'll generate a new download link.

Thanks,

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 05-24-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Also note we have updated the module to work with FedexDirect. If you have an old copy feel free to "buy" a new free copy, or email us with your old order # and we'll generate a new download link.

Thanks,

Carrie

I just wanted to say a Great Thank You to BCSE for updating their pre-login calculator so that it will work with FEDEX direct. Thank you, Thank you! So far it is working very well.

Thanks for putting in the time to get this out for us and for free. Wonderful! :P
Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 AM

For some reason my calculator is doing the following:

http://www.readytocover.com/ship.gif

I had BCSE install it and I just noticed it's doing this so I'll probably open a ticket but I wanted to check to see if it was something I could fix first.

Any thoughts
Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM

X-Adept

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the Pre-Login Shipping Calculator mod

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=6927&highlight=shipping+calc

working on 4.1.10 Gold? I had it working on 4.0.17 and my upgraded 4.1.9 cart. I tried to get it working on the 4.1.10 cart manually applying the DIFF file as well as trying to put the mod onto the base 4.1.10 cart.php file. So far, I can't get a good version to migrate to 4.1.10 with.

I do not have fast lane checkout setup yet, so haven't applied the BCSE shipping mod.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 02:01 PM

X-Adept

Update to my last 'question' about this Mod to 4.1.10. I ended up, taking the mod off, upgraded successfully to 4.1.10, then reapplied the mod, and it works like a champ.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM

I just tried applying this mod to my cart, and it is giving me the no available shipping methods problem. I tried following the instructions in post 276: http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=215501&postcount=276

but that did not help. Does anyone have a solution for this?

I only use UPS real time rates.
--
My Website - www.frodesigns.com
Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 PM

I was having the same problem so I paid for the installation. I think I went back over and looked and noticed that the files were slightly different than the free one they gave out. Not going to get into any negative assumptions.

I'm still getting that duplicate showing posted above but at least it works. It could just be because of some other mod. Here are my files, double check with yours

shipping_estimator.tpl

Code:
{if not $login} {if $estimate ne "NO"} <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr><td align="right"> {$lng.txt_enter_zipcode}<br /><br /> <select name='country_estimate'> {section name=country_idx loop=$countries} <option value="{$countries[country_idx].country_code}"{if $config.General.default_country eq $countries[country_idx].country_code} selected="selected"{/if}>{$countries[country_idx].country|amp}</option> {/section} </select> <input type="text" name='zip_estimate' size="8" maxlength="6" /> {include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_calculate_shipping href="javascript: document.cartform.submit()" js_to_href="Y"} </td></tr> </table> {else} <table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" align="right"> {section name=ship_num loop=$shipping} <tr> <td width="5"{if $shipping[ship_num].shippingid eq $cart.shippingid} class="TableHead"{/if}> <input type="radio" name="shippingid" value="{$shipping[ship_num].shippingid}"{if $shipping[ship_num].shippingid eq $cart.shippingid} checked="checked"{else} onclick="javascript: this.form.submit();"{/if} /> </td> <td{if $shipping[ship_num].shippingid eq $cart.shippingid} class="TableHead"{/if} align="left"> {$shipping[ship_num].shipping|trademark:$insert_trademark} {if $shipping[ship_num].shipping_time ne ""} - {$shipping[ship_num].shipping_time}{/if} {if $config.Appearance.display_shipping_cost eq "Y" && ($login ne "" || $config.General.apply_default_country eq "Y" || $cart.shipping_cost gt 0)} ({include file="currency.tpl" value=$shipping[ship_num].rate}){/if} </td> </tr> {if $shipping[ship_num].warning ne ''} <tr> <td>&nbsp;</td> <td class="SmallText">{$shipping[ship_num].warning}</td> </tr> {/if} {sectionelse} <tr><td><font class="ErrorMessage">{$lng.lbl_no_shipping_for_location}</font></td></tr> {/section} </table> <br style="clear:both;" /> <div style="align:right;text-align:right;width:100%;padding-top:10px;"><a href="cart.php?zip_estimate=clear">{$lng.txt_click_change_zip}</a></div> {/if}{/if} <hr size="1" noshade="noshade" width="100%"/>

shipping_estimator.php

Code:
<?php if ( !defined('XCART_SESSION_START') ) { header("Location: ../"); die("Access denied"); } @include_once $xcart_dir."/include/countries.php"; x_session_register("zipcode_estimate"); x_session_register("default_country_estimate"); if($zip_estimate == "clear"){ $zipcode_estimate = ""; func_header_location("cart.php"); } if(!empty($zip_estimate)){ $zipcode_estimate = $zip_estimate; $default_country_estimate= $country_estimate; if($mode=="checkout") func_header_location("cart.php?mode=checkout"); else func_header_location("cart.php"); } if($login != ''){ $zipcode_estimate = ''; $default_country_estimate = ''; } if($zipcode_estimate != ""){ $config["General"]["default_city"] = ''; $config["General"]["default_state"] = ''; $config["General"]["default_country"] = $default_country_estimate; $config["General"]["apply_default_country"] = "Y"; $config["General"]["default_zipcode"] = $zipcode_estimate; $smarty->assign("estimate","NO"); } ?>

Try that out and report back
Old 08-15-2008, 04:57 AM

Ok great it seems to be working now! But unfortunately I've noticed another problem. The subtotal on the cart page is not updated to reflect the selected shipping option.
--
My Website - www.frodesigns.com
Old 08-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fropirate
Ok great it seems to be working now! But unfortunately I've noticed another problem. The subtotal on the cart page is not updated to reflect the selected shipping option.

Yes unfortunately this mod does not adjust that...that would require more coding so you'd want to get a programmer if you need that functionality I believe.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 PM

Does anyone know how to make this available to LOGGED in customers?

Many of my logged in customers shipped to different zip codes then their registered one so I would like to use the exact same set up for logged in and non-logged in customers.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions