Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Pricing changes once v4.4 comes out

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Pricing changes once v4.4 comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncampbell
I think that is where you are wrong. Upgrades may be free for the X-cart licenses but again and again we hear store owners discussing the amount of work it is to upgrade a customized site from one version to the next and we know how much of a pain it is to go from one version to the next. If the upgrades themselves were somehow seamless I am sure THEN you could charge for each upgrade.

But that's true of anything. If you customise something beyond its factory defaults then you cannot expect the next official update to work out-of-the-box.

I could get many of the features I wish for by going customised but I know I'll be opening up a can of worms keeping the site stable and spending a small fortune on developer fees.

This actually opens up a whole other topic regarding x-carts customer base.
It seems to me that a huge part of that customer base are developers who manage carts on behalf of the customer.
I on the other hand am not a developer, I'm a business person and that is my focus. I handle the day to day running of my cart including, where I can, updates and some maintenance. Where I can't I use QT support.

What I have felt for far too long is those of us like me, who are hands on business people are generally ignored. Perhaps that's because I'm on Litecommerce and if/when I move to x-cart 5 I hope QT will give a bit more interest to the part of their customer base who actually use the product to run a business.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
but I think you could push the price nearer the $400 mark.

It is already above that if you need X-Payments
Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 PM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish
But that's true of anything. If you customise something beyond its factory defaults then you cannot expect the next official update to work out-of-the-box.

Upgrading even a stock cart can be a nightmare!
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Veteran

I have no problem with the increase (like I said the only problem I see is people being forced to pay for somethign they won't use) or QT charging some small amount for major upgrades like 10% of the price of new license. I think strip-out-cart-with-separate-modules pricing model was good. Anyway it is done already - the modules are included in stock cart.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 AM

Advanced Member

I totally agree with Swish.
If moving up the price could actually speed up the development of x-cart we would be happy to pay some more for a license.
There are other shoppingsystems out there with much quicker development. I still think X-Cart is a great product compaired to other systems but QT should be alert not to be overtaken by others.
Parallelweg 124-14, 1948 NN BEVERWIJK
The Netherlands
Old 07-27-2010, 07:44 PM

Advanced Member

Talking Re: Pricing changes once v4.4 comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
I have no problem with the increase (like I said the only problem I see is people being forced to pay for somethign they won't use) or QT charging some small amount for major upgrades like 10% of the price of new license. I think strip-out-cart-with-separate-modules pricing model was good. Anyway it is done already - the modules are included in stock cart.

I agree with steve. Different people have different need. Selling a big cloud makes it more difficult to use it. Modular software system approaches are more scalable than homogeneous systems. I have yet to see a case in hardware or software where modularity is in-efficient. Open software systems should be more scalable since they are group/community effort. Modularity also provides opportunity for innovation. Modular systems are also easy to debug and manage. Can X-cart refute my argument ?. X-cart should reconsider their approach now and in V5.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 AM

i dont agree with that "400 mark", that would make this platform something i couldnt use anymore. i think the price thats being charged now and even the 150 is good.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM

and this stuff about being forced to buy stuff that you wont use, etc...its only $35 for all the modules. thats a pretty good deal. it's not like you're getting charge double for stuff you dont use.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone
I totally agree with Swish.
If moving up the price could actually speed up the development of x-cart we would be happy to pay some more for a license.
There are other shoppingsystems out there with much quicker development. I still think X-Cart is a great product compaired to other systems but QT should be alert not to be overtaken by others.

I agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
Since both X-Cart 4 and LiteCommerce 2 platforms require almost a complete rewrite in order to provide you with cool modern features like AJAX interface and so on, we have decided to develop a new shopping cart software on a completely new platform. It is planned to be released by the end of 2009.
This post made by xplorer was 1-23-09. http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=45022

According to the roadmap as of today v5 is not expected until May 2011. I would gladly pay $500 per license for a cart that was more on top of their releases vs having to wait for a product they announce for over 2 years.
Altered Cart: 1-Page checkout
Firetank: Feed Manager
Website CM: CDSEO PRO
Website CM: Product A-Z Map
Website CM: Review Approval
Website CM: Site Map Pro
Qualiteam: Sales & Stats (free version)
Old 08-14-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
Since we are including all the X-Cart add-ons into X-Cart license new X-Cart GOLD license cost will be:

All of the x-cart modules are included? Weren't some of those worth more than $149 alone?

If I upgrade to 4.4 will I also receive these?
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements