Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.0 beta 2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 12-31-2005, 04:48 AM

I had the same problem as well.

I went into the database and did a cut and paste on the password that was there. It was just a bunch of garbage characters, but it let me log in with it. I then changed the password and now I can log in as usual.
Old 12-31-2005, 10:06 AM

X-Adept

I would like to know if 4.1.0 Beta 2 has address the issue regarding to send emails through SMTP server which requires authentication.

Thank you
-Tuan
Old 01-01-2006, 12:25 PM

Has anyone had any success importing a text file with this version. I'm still having the same problem I was with the beta version 1. I try to import a tab delimited text file and import hangs at the screen telling me that it is 'checking the csv file', and nothing happens. I exported a tab delimited text file of the sample products, then tried to import that file and the same thing happened. I know a few people were having this same problem with the previous beta version, but I would like to hear from someone who has successfully done this.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 PM

X-Guru

I don't know if this change has been made or not, but in my opinion buttons should not require 14 lines of code and 11 if statements.

Instead, just:

Code:
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="{$lng.lbl_langvar}" class="usecss">
Old 01-05-2006, 09:16 PM

X-Adept

One more issue I would like to see ressolved in the next Beta release.

1) For the Paypal payment module, the shipping cost does not get pass over to the Paypal payment page. For example....If the customer purchase an item cost $20 and shipping cost $5 so the total is $25. However, when the customer get routed to Paypal, it shows the amount is $25, shipping & handling is $0, and the total amount is $25. I would like to see this minor issue fixed. The correct display should be A) Amount = $20. B) Shipping & Handling = $5 and C) Total Amount = $25.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Drop Shipping

Will there be Drop Shipping functionality in this version? Specifically, will we no longer be limited to the Company Address as being the only point of origin for the shipping calculations.

We drop ship 90% of our product without laying a hand on it from several dozen suppliers. When a customer orders multiple products in the same cart provided by multiple suppliers, the shippng calculation needs to be able to calculate shipping based on the different zip code origins of those suppliers individually and total them accordingly.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Advanced Member

Agreed on the need to address the ability to drop ship (in X-cart Pro). Shipping should have always been calculated on a per-provider basis. We operate 2 warehouses and also drop ship some items directly from our suppliers and this issue has kept us from migrating two of our sites to X-Cart Pro. There is really no sense in paying for a license when the product does not allow proper shipping calculations.

Bob
Old 01-06-2006, 02:55 PM

X-Adept

On the main storefront, the "Advanced Search" function doesn't work.

I click on "Advanced Search" button, type in a product name and click on the "Search" button. Below is the error message I got.

Code:
INVALID SQL: 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xcart_products.produ SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT COUNT(xcart_products.productid) FROM xcart_products, xcart_pricing , xcart_quick_prices, xcart_customers as ACHECK, xcart_products_categories, xcart_categories LEFT JOIN xcart_products_lng ON xcart_products_lng.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_lng.code = 'US' LEFT JOIN xcart_category_memberships ON xcart_category_memberships.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid LEFT JOIN xcart_product_memberships ON xcart_product_memberships.productid = xcart_products.productid LEFT JOIN xcart_variants ON xcart_variants.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_quick_prices.variantid = xcart_variants.variantid WHERE xcart_quick_prices.productid = xcart_products.productid AND xcart_quick_prices.membershipid = 0 AND xcart_quick_prices.priceid = xcart_pricing.priceid AND xcart_products.product_type <> 'C' AND xcart_products.forsale <> 'B' AND xcart_products.provider=ACHECK.login AND ACHECK.activity='Y' AND (()) AND xcart_products_categories.productid=xcart_products.productid AND xcart_products_categories.categoryid = xcart_categories.categoryid AND xcart_category_memberships.membershipid IS NULL AND xcart_product_memberships.membershipid IS NULL AND xcart_categories.avail = 'Y' AND xcart_products.forsale='Y' GROUP BY xcart_products.productid

Same goes for the search function in the "Admin Console", under "Search for products". It will generate the same error above.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:44 PM

X-Adept

Additionally, I truely hope this issue will also be addressed in future 4.1.0 Beta release. http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=25029&highlight=import

(When the store owner deletes an item, that specific item will no longer show up in order history for any customer that has purchase that one item. Discontinued items happened all the time. And they should/will be removed, instead of hidden, from the store catalog.)
Old 01-10-2006, 09:13 PM

X-Adept

Has anyone here able to get the import (CVS file) function to work correctly on this version, 4.1 Beta 2 ???? After clicking the "Import" button, my just hangs and say "Checking the import CSV file..."

Thanks
-Tuan