Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

One Page Checkout - Hide shipping rates

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 06-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Advanced Member

Default One Page Checkout - Hide shipping rates

Hey Guys,
I'm using OPC and it shows shipping rates for non-regged customers to whatever default location I put in Xcart, which I have never seen on an online store before in my life? But If I uncheck the 'Presume that a not logged in customer is from the default country' option in xcart admin gen settings I get an error showing on the shipping tab something like "we are sorry we cannot show real time shipping at this moment click here to..." which looks like the store is erroring out and will result in loss of sales.

Sooooo, I'm wondering how you guys handle this, or know of a way to hide the error until the user puts in his address and clicks 'apply' to bring up his correct real time shipping.

Chris
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: One Page Checkout - Hide shipping rates

Also I see on the xcart manual page, that it shows under shipping methods "shipping address is not defined yet", mine does not says that I get the error message:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:One_page_checkout
Old 06-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Veteran

You can modify the template and put any text you want in there or you can even comment this out so it doesn;t show anything. Use the webmaster mode to find out which template exactly
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 PM

Advanced Member

Yeah thanks I found checkout_shipping_methods.tpl was using lbl_no_shipping_for_location to display that msg, and just changed it to 'Please enter your address to display rates."

All is well.

Still defaults to 'California' and 'United states' in the address fields, when I believe it should say "Select state" and "Select Country", hopefully I can add this to states.tpl, I dont like tax showing up for customers that might not be in that default state.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design