Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

trouble from xpay to gateway

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 03-02-2016, 07:57 PM

Default trouble from xpay to gateway

hello. i am so totally new at this. but i'm getting through it. i am at the stage where cc data and customer info is entered into the cc form. my question is how do i get this data and info to elavon (do i need to put elavon url somewhere in the payment config of xpa?)
i've got the cart and xpay to work together but i'm missing something on this last part of the process. it's like i hit a brick wall once i enter the customer's info.

can anyone point me in the right direction. thanks so much. i'm willing to do my own work i just need a slight clue. thanks again.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:07 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: trouble from xpay to gateway

Hi Carl,

Have you configured Elavon at X-Payments side? https://www.x-payments.com/help/X-Payments:Payment_configurations

Also, there are two Elavon integrations in X-Payments - Elavon Payment Gateway (new one) and Elavon via Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form (old one). Which one do you need to use? You might be trying to use 1st Elavon account with the old integration or vice versa.
X-Payments product manager
Old 03-03-2016, 08:28 AM

thanks for the quick response. the address bar reads "myvirtualmerchant". but following up on your suggestion i found that there is only one option for using elavon in the select module menu of xcart, yet there are the two that you specified in the add new payment configuration point. its a bit ambiguous. in some cases the term Elavon Payment Gateway is used, then another time Virtual Merchant, and yet another Converge. I have been with Elavon for about a year and a half so i am presuming its Elavon Payment Gateway(new one. nevertheless, i've installed both configurations. any ideas?
Old 03-03-2016, 03:52 PM

hello. i've been going through the troublshooting guide for x-payment and discovered,
"Most likely you try to test X-Payments with X-Cart 5 storefront closed. If so, in X-Cart 5 file etc/config.php find below piece of code:
[storefront_options]
; Do not close target=callback for payments if storefront is closed
callback_opened = Off

and change "Off" to "On" there."
i checked that in dreamweaver and it was already set to "On".
but i also read more in detail the instructions that i was given with regard to sending transactions. perhaps i didn't follow the instructions well....in any event, this is the information i missed, "When submitting transactions via your shopping cart be sure to send them to the demo API URL and use the credentials listed below.
https://demo.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchantDemo/process.do"

can anyone tell me where to put this url so there is a connection? thanks.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:15 AM

X-Cart team

Carl, you need to use Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form.

You do not need to submit URLs anywhere. Demo URL is pre-coded in X-Payments integration with Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form. You just need to enable "Demo" mode. See http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1052304/96ffdb4560e0c5e7063cec4c869b52db
Old 03-04-2016, 01:26 AM

X-Cart team

Also, check this post about configuring Virtual Merchant at X-Payments - https://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=366912&postcount=4
Old 03-07-2016, 12:48 PM

thanks....that worked like a charm (Carl, you need to use Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form.)
but i have one last issue. i'm not sure if i should begin a new thread but when i enter cc information at checkout i get this error message:
"The marked fields are empty or have an invalid format."
can you help me out and explain why this happens. please see the image attached. thank you much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (161.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-07-2016, 05:19 PM

Thumbs up Re: trouble from xpay to gateway

sir forgive me for my lack of understanding but when i changed the Payment Configurations to Elavon Payment Gateway, as opposed to Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form, i get the desired response but i still need to check that the order posted with elavon. nevertheless, i am still concerned with process. i disabled the Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form and enabled the Elavon Payment Gateway. so i'm lost as to why it works with the Elavon Payment Gateway and not the other. i still have lots of troubleshooting but i was hoping you could help me narrow it down. thanks for your help....it gives me inspiration. the image attached is what appears after i submit the payment in checkout with the Elavon Payment Gateway. when using the Virtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form i get the error messages that i post in the previous post. thanks again. any input will help. y'all great.....thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png withVirtual Merchant - Merchant Provided Form.png (98.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-09-2016, 02:13 AM

X-Cart team

Carl,

I think it is time to go into your HelpDesk now as it looks like there is a technical issue with your server where you run X-Cart (e.g. no SSL certificate is one of them).

We can't post more details here as it is a public forum.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions