Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

$cart_subtotal in cart_totals.tpl --> using different val

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 01-26-2004, 07:48 AM

Default $cart_subtotal in cart_totals.tpl --> using different val

The Problem is, that the $cart_subtotal shows the net price. In the country the shop will be used in, the net price must not be shown to private customers. Is there another variable i could use here that shows the product gross price before discounts and shipping are added.

CU Tim
Old 01-26-2004, 08:17 AM

yes, find the function that creates the $cart_subtotal and find out what the variable name is of the root price before it does the calculations of adding discount and shipping. Then I would assume you would want to make internationl customers a diff usertype then other customers so you could put an if statement like {if $usertype eq "Iinternational"} Show regular price {else} show $cart_subtotal {/if}

Something like that. Hope that helps.

I'll look around for that variable. I am making a personal list variables made in xcart and what they do, I am new to all this as well and knowing what variables are named and what there function is would be a great help. I will post it on here for everyone once I get it a good size, unless there is already something like this available.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:39 AM

sounds logical - but i cannot locate a variable in the alter_currecy_value.tpl, wich should be the place, where the variable values are changed. Or am i searching in the wrong place?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:07 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish
I'll look around for that variable. I am making a personal list variables made in xcart and what they do, I am new to all this as well and knowing what variables are named and what there function is would be a great help. I will post it on here for everyone once I get it a good size, unless there is already something like this available.

Please let us know when you have finished if your able to post it for the community. A well done list of variables and what they do is escential IMO for any XCART developer.
XCart Version: 4.1.3....
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design