Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Adapt Template

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart Adapt Template

Suggestions are very welcome, but can't guarantee anything, as speed and responsiveness are the priorities.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilJ
Template news... The Adapt, Ability and Smart templates will not be updated beyond X-Cart v4.5.5, as they will be both replaced with a single new open-source fully responsive template, which will be launching early-mid April.

Adapt and Ability and Smart are however open-source from now on, so one license will enable you to use on as many stores as you wish. Prices will be dropped also.

The new template will be compatible with X-Cart Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum and only have 'essential' features included.

With a single template code base, it will be easier to maintain and update to newer X-Cart versions (quality, not quantity).

This is partly brought on by the radical changes in X-Cart lately, but is also necessary so that we can provide better support and updates for customers.

I would be interested to get some feedback on what 'essential' features you think ought to be included in the new template...

Thanks, Phil.

Great Idea phil,but should be also for Platinum 4.5.4 and must be featured rich and reasonable...
Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 AM

Advanced Member

Just a heads up:

Wholesale pricelist table from product_prices.tpl were not showing. The table is apparently built from javascript and the table id was changed in the adapt version of product_prices.tpl so it was not working. I changed the id back to what it was called in the common_files version of product_prices.tpl and the prices showed.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 AM

i've buyed this template because it seems very powerful.

i currently use xtreme gear template, which is GREAT because you can work on it having the store live with another template running, and you can check changes using a private page available with a key.

adapt doesn't allow this option, so it is very difficult to set up properly, you should have the store closed to work on it, BAD.

i'm trying to set it during low traffic hours, enabling adapt and wornking on it, it's very difficult and not very professional switch continuously from a template to another.

i have several problems with adapt template.

1) side menu doesn't recognize categories with subcategories (see file adaptcategories.jpg in attachment), categories "aminoacidi vari" "barrette" "creatina" "carboidrati -sali" have all subcategories but not showed.

2) category page is badly showed (see adaptcategorypage.jpg)

3) bestseller list is now a list of product in alphabetical order, the problem remains also switching back to xtreme gear template (see adaptbestselleralphabet.jpg)

thanks in advance to anyone could give an hint
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adaptcategories.jpg (81.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg adaptcategorypage.jpg (198.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg adaptbesteselleralphabet.jpg (93.6 KB, 11 views)
enterprise hosting on handsonwebhosting
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
5.3.3.1 on test (maybe ready in 2031)
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 AM

X-Guru

Hi WNC2, if you can update your ticket with your store URL, I'll investigate.

Category menu should work fine off the bat, so that's strange.

If using Clean URLS or CDSEO, ensure you've done this step to avoid the layout messing up...
Quote:
In skin/adapt/js/adapt_custom.js
In line 6...
path: 'skin/adapt/css/grid/',
Put the full path to your store, eg.
path: 'http://www.yourstore.com/skin/adapt/css/grid/',

Old 03-28-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:

If using Clean URLS or CDSEO, ensure you've done this step to avoid the layout messing up...

with this file edit, the situation is worst than before, now also homepage looks like category page......

i wrote my site data in the opened ticket.....
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
Old 03-28-2013, 03:18 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrQuietus
Just a heads up:

Wholesale pricelist table from product_prices.tpl were not showing. The table is apparently built from javascript and the table id was changed in the adapt version of product_prices.tpl so it was not working. I changed the id back to what it was called in the common_files version of product_prices.tpl and the prices showed.

Nice that you found a solution... but I did not see any such problem on the Adapt sites thus far with the default handling of the wholesale price list table. We've even used the same table id and code for a recent customer who asked that wholesale prices be shown on the new, random, rviewed, searched, and catalog pages. *shrug*.

SIGHTLESS =)
Old 03-28-2013, 03:36 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Template news...

I would be interested to get some feedback on what 'essential' features you think ought to be included in the new template...

Thanks, Phil.

Essential Features + Bug Fixes
- BUGFIX: Make Ajax OPC skin works with X-Payments. Had to switch back to Fast Lane for some Adapt site that use X-Payments... issue is that OPC Skin does not always render the lite iframe in OPC... Or just make your own One Page Checkout or improve on the current's functionality. Perhaps afterward, you would be able to sell your own OPC mod for $89.95 if people do not want to buy the template that comes bundle with it.
- Keep the mega drop down menu (and backup flyout), homepage slider, easy Google fonts implementation, FAQs, Glossary feature, Advanced Minicart, Lightbox, Image Watermarking [maybe improve this portion], and Testimonials.
- KEEP THE GRID, ROW, TABLE VIEW SELECTION! This is very important as different sites will prefer different looks. Also allow it to be disabled in admin [instead of having to comment out the product_switcher_controls.tpl]
- Make separate .tpl files for GRID, ROW, TABLE... this will allow maximum control for developers to make changes that fit the sites just right.

SIGHTLESS =)
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM

X-Guru

Essential Features + Bug Fixes

Quote:
- BUGFIX: Make Ajax OPC skin works with X-Payments. Had to switch back to Fast Lane for some Adapt site that use X-Payments... issue is that OPC Skin does not always render the lite iframe in OPC... Or just make your own One Page Checkout or improve on the current's functionality. Perhaps afterward, you would be able to sell your own OPC mod for $89.95 if people do not want to buy the template that comes bundle with it.

I will try to test x-payments as much as I can in OPC and Fastlane. I did take advantage of the free license for xpayments, so hopefully I can use that to test with.

Quote:
- Keep the mega drop down menu (and backup flyout), homepage slider, easy Google fonts implementation, FAQs, Glossary feature, Advanced Minicart, Lightbox, Image Watermarking [maybe improve this portion], and Testimonials.

Mega dropdown is gone, but replaced with a 5 level dropdown-flyout menu, which converts to an awesome accordion-style mobile menu for small devices. However, I will be making a new mega/dropdown-flyout combo menu available as an addon shortly after release.

Homepage slider is there.
Google fonts are there.
FAQs are there.
Glossary, I'm not sure yet, as it is easy enough to add tooltips anywhere you like.
Lightbox is there.
Dynamic product search is there - alternative to Cloud Search.
Ajax add to cart / advanced minicart is there and working really well.
Image watermarking, I don't think there's much call for.
I'm reworking the testimonials, which will be available as a free addon shortly after release.

Quote:
- KEEP THE GRID, ROW, TABLE VIEW SELECTION! This is very important as different sites will prefer different looks. Also allow it to be disabled in admin [instead of having to comment out the product_switcher_controls.tpl]

Grid/Row views are there, table view is gone, as I don't feel it's necessary. You can still set the default view state and disable the switcher controls if you wish.

Quote:
- Make separate .tpl files for GRID, ROW, TABLE... this will allow maximum control for developers to make changes that fit the sites just right.

It will stay the same, based on the single template product_t.tpl as it's lightweight and SEO/mobile friendly.

Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, if anyone would like to suggest any new features, please PM me, as long as they are not 'bloat'.

The following user thanks PhilJ for this useful post:
censusadv88 (04-01-2013)
Old 03-30-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:

hi phil,

any news?

did you give a look to my installation?
IMAC with Sierra 10.12
=======
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4