Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

XP not showing in Payments Methods List

X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions

Old 06-21-2012, 11:36 AM

Default XP not showing in Payments Methods List

I've got XP installed and configured. (I think.) I've configured the XP module in my 4.4.5 XC and imported the payment methods from XP successfully. But when I try to add the XP payment gateway at the bottom of XC payment methods page it is not in the list.

Everything seems to be checking out other than this. How can I get the XP payment gateway to show? I'm using Paypal WPP Payment Direct if that has any bearing on the issue.

Thanks.
X-Payments 1.0.4
CDSEO Pro
EWD Hosting
Old 06-21-2012, 11:49 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: XP not showing in Payments Methods List

This happened to me once before: http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=56899

---
Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM

I tried deleting the store in XP and set it all up again but nothing listed for a payment gateway that has to do with Paypal or Xpayments. I even pushed the Import Payment Methods button "extra hard" as suggested this time, but it didn't seem to help.
X-Payments 1.0.4
CDSEO Pro
EWD Hosting
Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 AM

X-Cart team

Because of the PayPal requirements the PayPal PRO payment methods should be configured in a little bit different way: http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:PayPal
Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 AM

Correct. But I cannot add the "X-Payments: My PayPal WPP Direct Payment" gateway because it is not in the list. I can't configure it since its missing.

The dbase I'm using for development is from my current store that has been upgraded to 4.4.5 I went into the Payment Methods table and removed the paypal entries that were still there to match the table from a fresh 4.4.5 install. That didn't seem to help either. I'm really at a loss here.
X-Payments 1.0.4
CDSEO Pro
EWD Hosting
Old 06-22-2012, 10:02 AM

More info. I've confirmed that the XP: Paypal WPP Direct Payment data has been added to the XC table cc_processors.

After further investigation I've found where the array for the payment gateway is generated and tested the query. Works fine with XP Paypal option available, but the next line calls a function that appears to strip the XP Paypal option out of the array.

From payment_methods.php
PHP Code:
$cc_module_files func_query("select * from $sql_tbl[ccprocessors] where paymentid='0' and processor<>'ps_paypal_pro.php' order by type,module_name");

if (!empty(
$active_modules['XPayments_Connector'])) {

$cc_module_files xpc_filter_hidden_processors($cc_module_files);

From xpc_func.php
PHP Code:
function xpc_filter_hidden_processors($data)
{
    global 
$xpc_paypal_dp_solutions;

foreach (
$data as $k => $row) {
        if (
$row['processor'] == 'cc_xpc.php' && in_array($row['param08'], $xpc_paypal_dp_solutions)) {
            unset(
$data[$k]);
        }
    }

return 
$data;

Why does it get stripped out?
X-Payments 1.0.4
CDSEO Pro
EWD Hosting
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 AM

X-Cart team

Let me clarify the situation. According to the PayPal requirements, if customers enter CC details right on the merchant's site, the merchant should provide the possibility of paying on the PayPal site as well as via Express Checkout.

It's mentioned e.g. here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_dcc_hub-outside

Quote:
Please note: Direct Payment API is not a stand-alone product. You are required to use Direct Payment API and Express Checkout together as a part of the Website Payments Pro solution.

In X-Cart and X-Payments this has been implemented in the following way:

The Express checkout is provided by X-Cart: customers can choose the corresponding payment method at checkout or start the Express checkout right from the cart page.

The Direct payment is provided by X-Payments: customers are redirected from X-Cart to the page generated by X-Payments.

However, in this case there is an unclear moment: the PayPal merchant account should be known both to X-Payments and to X-Cart, so that both systems could process their parts of the PayPal PRO payments. To simplify the X-Payments API, it was implemented in such a way that the PAyPal merchant account should be configured both in X-Cart and in X-Payments.

As far as I can understand, you've already configured an account in X-Payments. So now you should enter the same details in X-Cart. I.e. the PayPal Direct Payments should be configured in the same way as without X-Payments.

Once you import the payment methods from X-Payments to X-Cart, the new options will be displayed on the PayPal configuration page in X-Cart:

- whether to process Direct payments through X-Payments
- which imported payment method should be used for that

The exact names of these options differ in different versions of X-Cart, however in 4.4.5 they should be as stated in this article:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Payments:PayPal

- Cardholder data must be collected in X-Payments
- Select the payment method configured on the X-Payments' side

So, please let us know, whether you've configured the PayPal in X-Cart and whether you can see these options.

----------------------------------

Regarding that code you've specified, indeed it removes he "imported" PayPal payment method from the list. So that it cannot be added separately from the default X-Cart's PayPal.

The following user thanks joss for this useful post:
totaltec (11-06-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 07:23 AM

Yes, I have configured the Paypal account in Xpayments. Seems to be setup correctly.

I've imported the payment types from XP into XC.

On the Paypal config page in XC, I've chosen "Auth & Capture" for actions on order placement, "Yes" to cardholder data collected on XP and "X-Payments: Paypal WPP Direct Payment" for payment method configured on XP side.

When I go back to Payment Methods on XC, I have phone ordering active, credit card (paypal pro) active and paypal express checkout is active, however it is controlled by the paypal credit card method. This would seem to match your description of the Paypal express payment and direct payment methods.

Now at the bottom of the page in the Payment Gateways, I cannot select my "X-payments: Paypal WPP Direct Payment" because it is not in the list. Do it need to be be there or am I set up as it is?

I tried a test order with credit card payment and after I submitted the order, I got the invoice page with no way to enter credit card info. It's like it went to a phone order instead.

I greatly appreciate your help on this.
X-Payments 1.0.4
CDSEO Pro
EWD Hosting
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM

X-Cart team

Thank you for the description.

Quote:
Now at the bottom of the page in the Payment Gateways, I cannot select my "X-payments: Paypal WPP Direct Payment" because it is not in the list. Do it need to be be there or am I set up as it is?

It's correct that PayPal payment is missing from that select box. No additional changes are necessary.

[quote]I tried a test order with credit card payment and after I submitted the order, I got the invoice page with no way to enter credit card info. It's like it went to a phone order instead./QUOTE]

Unfortunately, currently I'm not able to specify the cause of this issue exactly. Please make sure that the Credit Card by PayPal PRO is being selected at checkout indeed. Actually, you may verify it on the order details page, where the payment method information is shown.

One point: what is the item purchased and what is it's cost? X-Cart has some other complex settings for the E-Goods (downloadable products) and the items with zero cost, since customer shouldn't pay for an item, then the transaction request to the payment gateway is not performed. So if you use such kinds of items for tests, it can cause such behaviour.

If this doesn't help we would advise you to contact the tech support: support@qtmsoft.com since this issue requires investigation on your store/server.

The following user thanks joss for this useful post:
AMMoyer (06-26-2012)
Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 AM

What was the solution to fix this?
I have exactly the same problem with 4.5.3

Bob.
   X-Cart forums > X-Payments > X-Payments issues & questions