Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Easy Checkout Mod for X-Cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-30-2005, 05:16 AM

Advanced Member

Hello,
I tried to go through as many pages as I could to find the answers to 3 questions that I have, but didn't see them on the 12-15 pages I went through (I skipped around).

1.) is there an online/electronic document I can read that tells of the install steps, what can be customized, etc. ?

2.) one of the biggest things I hate about the normal X-Cart checkout (like most!) is the redundant billing and shipping fields. Jon, I see in this one website of your screenshots (www.mixtapemp3.com), that the shipping fields are eliminated. So the billing AND shipping address is combined? This would be very welcomed.

3.) I am currently developing a site in v4.0.7 but will bump up to v4.0.14 soon. Will your mod work with .14 ? And if/when we continue to upgrade X-Cart, will we always have to have a patch or something for your mod, or only if X-Cart drastically changed something for some reason?

Thanks much,
Brian
- CDSEO module

X-Cart Gold v4.1.11 [unix]
***38,000+ active products!
- CDSEO module
- Address Book module
- Reorder module
- Smart Search module

X-Cart Gold v4.4.2 [unix]
- in development now!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:09 AM

X-Guru

1) There is no online install instructions, however as people in this thread can atest, it is pretty straight forward and well documented. You can customize the look however you want just by editing one template file.

2) I manually editted out my shipping fields because a) I don't ship products, and b) When I did I ship products I would only ship to the billing address. This isn't part of ezCheckout but could be done additionally for you or you can do yourself. If your x-cart populates the shipping address from billing if left blank, all you have to do is edit your register.tpl to change all the shipping fields to hidden input fields with no value.

3) Unless x-cart changes things drastically, i.e. converts x-cart to lite commerce, updated zip files have and will be provided free of charge and may require small changes to be compatible when upgrading. Yes it is compatible with 4.0.14.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:38 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the excellent, prompt follow-up Jon!! I appreciate it.

I thought of yet-another one this afternoon.... I saw on one of the sites that uses your checkout (may be that mp3 one again), that after you add an item to the cart, it will show the cart contents and then had an arrow that took you right back to the item you were just at, or a "continue to checkout" arrow. I want to make sure that the "back" arrow that returns the customer to the last spot they were is an out-of-the-box feature?

Thanks again,
Brian
- CDSEO module

X-Cart Gold v4.1.11 [unix]
***38,000+ active products!
- CDSEO module
- Address Book module
- Reorder module
- Smart Search module

X-Cart Gold v4.4.2 [unix]
- in development now!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:43 PM

X-Guru

No prob

The feature you are referring to is ezUpsell, which is an additional mod available at: http://www.websitecm.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=84 or as part the the Customer Conversion Package with ezCheckout and ezRecommends at: http://www.websitecm.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=87

It provides a link to check out or a link back to the product's main category, not necessarily to the last page.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:05 PM

Advanced Member

what would I need to do to combine the address page with the payment method page? we are using anonymous checkout, so the customers sign up when they checkout. we want to have as few steps as possible.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:50 PM

X-Guru

Sorry to say I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you how to do that, in my opinion the x-cart registration process is a nightmare (without adding additional information to the process).
Old 07-06-2005, 09:06 PM

Jon, I want to buy your Easy Checkout mod, but, you don't accept Mastercard.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:30 PM

X-Guru

I know I've put the application for mastercard on hold, awaiting to see how the paypal cc processing works out.

If you want you can send a money order (must be cashable in Canada). If interested you can PM me for details.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Fresh Install ONE Problem

Jon-
I just installed your Easy checkout and everything went very smoothly, everything seems to work well until you hit submit order on the last page and then I get an error page can not be found.

Where did I go wrong??

Thanks,
Timm
Old 07-12-2005, 10:24 PM

X-Guru

Hi Timm,

I've responded to this issue via your email request.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4