Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Simple Continue Shopping Button
 
Reply
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Changing and adding new features
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-07-2006, 12:48 PM
  2coolbaby's Avatar 
2coolbaby 2coolbaby is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: TN moving to FL
Posts: 265
 

Default Simple Continue Shopping Button

This is the mod for a simple Continue Shopping button in your cart. It returns the customer to the home page. There is another topic for those wanting much more control, but it seemed over complicated and troublesome. This is all I needed and I am sure others felt the same.

Open /customer/main/cart.tpl

Find:

Quote:
<TD align="right">
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_checkout style="button" href="cart.php?mode=checkout"}

Paste this code after the above code:

Quote:

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping style="button" href="home.php"}
__________________
Mary Lee
-------------------
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:19 AM
 
oracle9i oracle9i is offline
 

Member
  
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 29
 

Default

FANTASTIC

most useful line in x-cart history
__________________
X-CART 4.0.4 (about to upgrade to 4.0.17)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-28-2006, 04:39 AM
 
gump gump is offline
 

Newbie
  
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8
 

Default

thanks that really helped me out.
__________________
X-Cart version 4.0.17
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2006, 07:37 AM
 
timbrrr timbrrr is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
 

Default

Kudos to you for this mod!... how simple but how awesome!! Thanks for such a usefull piece of code modification!
__________________
X-Cart Gold 4.6.3
Codero dedicated server
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
 
smartoption smartoption is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: York UK
Posts: 87
 

Default Re: Simple Continue Shopping Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
This is the mod for a simple Continue Shopping button in your cart. It returns the customer to the home page. There is another topic for those wanting much more control, but it seemed over complicated and troublesome. This is all I needed and I am sure others felt the same.

Open /customer/main/cart.tpl

Find:

Quote:
<TD align="right">
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_checkout style="button" href="cart.php?mode=checkout"}

Paste this code after the above code:

Quote:

{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping style="button" href="home.php"}

This is good, works fine. Do you know how to add a VIEW CART or CHECKOUT button on the page where you click ADD TO CART? I have set this up so that it just adds the product to the cart but does not redirect you anywhere, so, i would like the VIEW CART or/and CHECKOUT buttons to be on the page.

Thanks
__________________
X-Cart Gold - Version 4.0.18
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
  2coolbaby's Avatar 
2coolbaby 2coolbaby is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: TN moving to FL
Posts: 265
 

Default

All of that should be on all your other pages of the shopping cart. Mine is in the upper right corner. This is standard in x-cart. They are not buttons but they are links.
__________________
Mary Lee
-------------------
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
 
smartoption smartoption is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: York UK
Posts: 87
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
All of that should be on all your other pages of the shopping cart. Mine is in the upper right corner. This is standard in x-cart. They are not buttons but they are links.

This is true...... but .... it looks good to have them as buttons aswell.
__________________
X-Cart Gold - Version 4.0.18
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
  2coolbaby's Avatar 
2coolbaby 2coolbaby is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: TN moving to FL
Posts: 265
 

Default

Well maybe someone else can help you. It took me 1/2 the day just to figure out the Continue Shopping button!
__________________
Mary Lee
-------------------
Dinner and a Murder Mystery Games
http://www.dinnerandamurder.com

x-cart version 4.7.5 / Mac OS 10.10.5 and Windows 8/10 sometimes - Ideal Responsive Template
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2006, 12:26 PM
 
smartoption smartoption is offline
 

Advanced Member
  
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: York UK
Posts: 87
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2coolbaby
Well maybe someone else can help you. It took me 1/2 the day just to figure out the Continue Shopping button!

lol, some days it all seams so easy, other days i just get brain mash. Thanks anyway.
__________________
X-Cart Gold - Version 4.0.18
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
 
Chris B Chris B is offline
 

eXpert
  
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 226
 

Smile Re: Simple Continue Shopping Button

Or for better button layout insert the following:

<TR>
<TD colspan="2">
&nbsp;
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>
&nbsp;
</TD>
<TD align="right">
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_continue_shopping style="button" href="home.php"}
</TD>
</TR>


right after:
<TD align="right">
{include file="buttons/button.tpl" button_title=$lng.lbl_checkout style="button" href="cart.php?mode=checkout"}
</TD>
</TR>
__________________
4.0x - 4.5x
Reply With Quote
Reply
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Changing and adding new features


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:55 AM.

   

 
X-Cart forums © 2001-2018