Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Refine Filters module released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 11-03-2014, 11:20 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

We have Refine Filters on our 4.4.3 store. We also have a custom skin (Xtreme Gear from The Xcart Store). I have the option enabled to show on Manufacturer pages, but it's not showing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to look for the reason?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:16 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir.gritsenko
If you have an active support subscription, you may post as many tickets as you need. If some of issues are still not addressed in your store, feel free to contact support.

I have already pointed all these issues in different different ticket but finally problem was not solved and from support department it was told that this is the default functionality of the module.

As you told that the following issues/bugs has been resolved-

1) Price filter: can't set both min and max simultaneously.
2)Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled
3)Brands -> Category filter: Filter does not get reset unless we route through another main category

Code:
First three bugs were fixed.

So can I repost the issue in the support section again?

Also for this issue,can you please look into the issue?

4)In case of price discount through Alterdcart On Sale, the product continues to feature in the original price band.

Thanks,
xtech
Old 11-05-2014, 01:42 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPerformance Admin
We have Refine Filters on our 4.4.3 store. We also have a custom skin (Xtreme Gear from The Xcart Store). I have the option enabled to show on Manufacturer pages, but it's not showing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to look for the reason?

It seems the custom skin does not have all the Refine Filters addon entry-points in its code. I suggest you to either contact the skin author or our support team for assistance.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:50 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
So can I repost the issue in the support section again?

With an active support subscription you can do almost everything Please refer to my last messages in this forum topic in your new ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtech
Also for this issue,can you please look into the issue?

4)In case of price discount through Alterdcart On Sale, the product continues to feature in the original price band.

Like I said, you need to either contact Alteredcart or pay for our custom development services to adress the compatibility issue out.

Thank you.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:18 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
With an active support subscription you can do almost everything Please refer to my last messages in this forum topic in your new ticket.

But it is heard from the support that it is the default functionality of the software it cannot be modified it needs to be customized.Why it was told I don't know.But still thanks for you reply

Quote:
Like I said, you need to either contact Alteredcart or pay for our custom development services to adress the compatibility issue out.

What needs to post to alterdcart?
Old 11-10-2014, 01:06 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
First three bugs were fixed. The last one was not. Please contact Alteredcart and request their module to be compatible with Refine Filters. We cannot make our module work with any of hundreds of 3rd-party addons, as you understand.

Alternatively, you can order a customization with us to make it work together. That is an option as long as On Sale module is not encrypted like many other 3rd-party addons.

Thank you.

Quote:
If you have an active support subscription, you may post as many tickets as you need. If some of issues are still not adressed in your store, feel free to contact support.

Still no help from x-cart support.What is happening I don't know.I have purchased the module so that it will work as expected at least.Too many back and forth is happening.When I posted to support it was said that-

I've contacted to the Refine Filter module developer about this issue.

I will reply to you as soon as a proper solution will be found.

Why still no solution has received?Please resolve asap.

Thanks,
xtech
Old 11-10-2014, 02:11 AM

Advanced Member

Vladimir,
Thank you for listening to us and fixing issues we mentioned earlier. I looked at the build you posted on Oct 29th and it seems the price slider has been fixed, the issue with hitting the back button in a browser after filtering products has been addressed and out of stock products (I noticed a couple of lines in func.php that should prevent hidden products from listing).

Unfortunatelly I cannot trumpet a success because ... the module does not work. It filters products not only from current category but also from subcategories, when I remove applied filters, products show from the current category and all subcategories in one listing (on one page), the price range is out of space and stays stuck, only some "chosen" manufacturers show (chosen on what basis - that I do not know), etc. This was not the case with the previous build.

I have not had time to look more closely so I should not be too quick to judge, but I tried it on two test sites and the behaviour was the same. I replaced php files with the ones you posted before (4.6.5 before Oct 29) and it works (and it shows out of stock products of course).

Personally, if I may suggest anything, I would remove this build from the file area and look through php again. Right now it seems unusable.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:02 AM

Advanced Member

One more remark regarding point 2 of what Xtech wrote:
"2)Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled.
This has been fixed"

I cannot agree.

To be clear: Lets say we filter for one brand. We get results, great, we can also add another brand if we wish. Works well up to this point.
But a common action after filtering is to hit the result that interests us. We go to the product page, then we might want to go back to our category page by hitting the browser back button.
We do that and now we are back to our filter results, good, the chosen brand is ticked and products displayed but all other brands are disabled.

The only difference with this build (Oct 29) is that if we - at this point - uncheck the selected manufacturer by clicking on the checkbox, it refreshes properly and all manufacturers are enabled (this was not the case with the previous build, one had to click on the remove link).
But should not we be able to go back and have all brands available along with the selected manufacturer?

Now, this is a minor issue in my opinion but I think, it should be addressed at some point.

The following user thanks not_so_young_greg for this useful post:
xtech (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 03:15 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_young_greg
One more remark regarding point 2 of what Xtech wrote:
"2)Brand filter: once a brand is filtered, all the other brands get disabled.
This has been fixed"

I cannot agree.

To be clear: Lets say we filter for one brand. We get results, great, we can also add another brand if we wish. Works well up to this point.
But a common action after filtering is to hit the result that interests us. We go to the product page, then we might want to go back to our category page by hitting the browser back button.
We do that and now we are back to our filter results, good, the chosen brand is ticked and products displayed but all other brands are disabled.

The only difference with this build (Oct 29) is that if we - at this point - uncheck the selected manufacturer by clicking on the checkbox, it refreshes properly and all manufacturers are enabled (this was not the case with the previous build, one had to click on the remove link).
But should not we be able to go back and have all brands available along with the selected manufacturer?

Now, this is a minor issue in my opinion but I think, it should be addressed at some point.

Yes all addressed issue still not solve.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:13 AM

Advanced Member

Yes, Xtech, it seems X-Cart support leaves much to be desired. It is not as it used to be the old days, quick replies, free mods, free suggestions and improvements.

I also posted a ticket to QT support because in Refine Filters admin end I could not sort attributes (as you know there is a small icon next to each attribute which lets you change the order attributes are displayed). I got javascript error every time I clicked on it.

They asked me to provide screenshots which I did.

The answer was: "We could not reproduce it on our server. It is due to some third-party java add-ons". And of course I should pay if I wanted it fixed.

What could I say to that? That it was on a fresh out-of-the-box installation of x-cart? That there were no add-ons? That obviously it is a bug in the software? That they never clicked on this icon on a production site? Why should I pay for something I have already paid?

Now in the recent RF upload the issue dissappeared. I can sort attributes as much as I want. Miraculously my non-existent "third party add-ons" started working with x-cart.

Sometimes software is more organic than we think.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements