Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.1.8 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-21-2007, 05:53 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.1.8 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
just ran this upgrade and noticed a few problems.

So is it not actually working?

Ultimate 5.4 testing
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Advanced Member

The whole 'massive security' issue put a little scare in me. I went ahead and did a quick update as I really don't feel like having to explain to my customers why their data got leaked. If i have to make more changes down the road, so be it.

EDIT: I'm getting the following error:
Quote:
PATCH RESULTS
SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
CREATE TABLE xcart_secure3d_data ( tranid varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', date int(11) NOT NULL default '0', get_data text NOT NULL, sessid varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', session_data text NOT NULL, form_data text NOT NULL, form_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', return_data text NOT NULL, processor varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', verify_funcname varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', validate_funcname varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', md varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', no_iframe char(1) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (tranid), KEY sessid (sessid), KEY md (md) ) TYPE=MyISAM

PATCH LOG

Please correct the errors displayed above and try again.

I went ahead and removed the SQL patch that was acting up, I was then greeted with the following error:

Quote:
PATCH RESULTS
SQL PATCH FAILED AT QUERY:
ALTER TABLE xcart_newsletter ADD date int(11) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER allow_html

PATCH LOG

So I removed that entry. and all seemed to work.

Any suggestions as to why this errored out ?

Old 06-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Hi all i am having a serious problem with upgrading x-cart ... i start with downloading the patch file "Upgrade_from_4.1.7_to_4.1.8.tgz" ................ then goto x-cart's admin interface > patch/upgrade > there i select the above mentioned file ... it uploads it .. says checking patch requirements ..... etc ... then comes to the a legend key ... i proceed further ... apply patch ... it says applied ... finish ... but to my surprise ... my x-cart version still stays the same .. 4.1.7 ... i am new user of X-cart and am so frustrated ... can someone help me out please ...!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:06 PM

Advanced Member

studdocs,

You're doing it a bit wrong.
Take a look here: http://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdocs
Hi all i am having a serious problem with upgrading x-cart ... i start with downloading the patch file "Upgrade_from_4.1.7_to_4.1.8.tgz" ................ then goto x-cart's admin interface > patch/upgrade > there i select the above mentioned file ... it uploads it .. says checking patch requirements ..... etc ... then comes to the a legend key ... i proceed further ... apply patch ... it says applied ... finish ... but to my surprise ... my x-cart version still stays the same .. 4.1.7 ... i am new user of X-cart and am so frustrated ... can someone help me out please ...!

I'm having the same issues. Version is still shown as 4.1.7, the choice to upgrade to 4.1.8 is still there, and when I run the upgrade again, all the files that were updated previously were shown as "already patched". 4.1.7 is still shown as the current.

There were 28 files that were not patched, and when I go through them to patch them manually (using the diff file), most of those codes aren't even in the original 4.1.7 versions???

I'm encountering other issues with this upgrade, such as the patch.sql does not get applied during the process, and creates error in the customer's front end. Manually installing patch.sql solve this problem.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 PM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franki
I'm having the same issues. Version is still shown as 4.1.7, the choice to upgrade to 4.1.8 is sitll there, and when I run the upgrade again, all the files that were updated previously were shown as "already patched". 4.1.7 is still shown as the current.

There were 28 files that were not patched, and when I go through them to patch them manually (using the diff file), most of those codes aren't even in the original 4.1.7 versions???

I'm encountering other issues with this upgrade, sucg as the patch.sql does not get applied udring the process, and creates error in the customer's front end. Manually installing patch.sql solve this problem.

we have nearly the same problem with you.
the version is 4.1.6 -> 4.1.8

X-CART CSS SKIN
XC SEO
IP Addresses in Users Online for all users
Color coded order status
Old 06-22-2007, 05:05 AM

X-Guru

Although it is possible to use the diff files to manually upgrade a file, it may be faster/easier/less stressful to use a text editor with a "find differences" feature - and compare your existing file to the BRAND NEW virgin 4.1.8 from the distributive.

WHAT I DO when I have a small list of files that must be manually upgraded:

1. backup, backup backup. I even make a tarball just to freeze the moment.
2. assemble the list of files that must be manually patched
3. manually open the "old" file vs the new - and do a compare. choose which code blocks you want vs. don't want. or in the case of mods, your "old" file should be well commented, so you can EASILY see what is needed.

Last upgrade I did this to 25 or so files in 10 minutes. It doesn't take long, as some files may only have a line or 3 that are different.

This method requires some knowledge of your code and you should be able to look at a file and understand why some code belongs or doesn't belong.

My text editor does a very good job of comparing files and it has a 3rd window with the differences (on a per-line basis) and a button to "merge" or copy data from old to new, or vice versa. It is very elegant.

http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/

You'll see that the xcart upgrade script sometimes misses, and your "old" file may be identical in every way (excapt maybe the timestamp header) - so in this case, I just copy the new file over. You just have to be smart about this.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 AM

eXpert

That's for the Mac platform, isn't it?
I use BeyondCompare (PC) and like it.
http://www.scootersoftware.com/
AquasanaCanada.com - Aquasana╝ - #1 Rated Water Filters in America!
X-CART GOLD 4.4.5 Live
CDSEO Pro v. 1.8.4
AquasanaMontreal.com
Aquasana╝ & Rhino Water Filtration Systems
Old 06-22-2007, 06:10 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by studdocs
hi after the upgrade my store is giving the following error ....

INVALID SQL: 1146 : Table 'iod.xcart_secure3d_data' doesn't exist
SQL QUERY FAILURE:SELECT xcart_secure3d_data.tranid FROM xcart_secure3d_data LEFT JOIN xcart_sessions_data ON xcart_secure3d_data.sessid = xcart_sessions_data.sessid WHERE xcart_sessions_data.sessid IS NULL

PLZ HELP .... i cannot understand what's gone wrong!

It said patched ok ...

It sounds like you did not finish the patch... there is a tickbox, something like, "ok to exclude these files..." (not sure if you need to UNCHECK it -- I think you have to UNCHECK IT) -- then you must click on the "complete patch" button.

Your patch is not done yet.

from the upgrade readme:
Quote:
If some files have the result status 'Could not patch' it means that the patch cannot be applied to these files automatically because they were significantly modified, the patch for these files should be applied manually. You can ignore it by deselecting the checkbox at the bottom of page on the first step "Testing patch applicability and generation list of files".

8. Click 'Apply patch' button to complete the upgrading.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:37 AM

X-Guru

studdocs: your upgrade is not complete.

what I would do:

restore to 4.1.7 (or prior) and try it again. restore your site as well as database (although I doubt your datab ase was updated, due to the error message.

This time, UNCHECK the box "Testing patch applicability and generation list of files". -- this will update your database when completed, but you will have to manually patch the list of files it generates.
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements