Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Xcart 3.5.3 Released With Upgrade Kits + Changelog

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-15-2004, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
you can uncheck the box that says 'try to patch these files'

let the upgrade complete and then go and check the two problem files by hand.

with the database use phpmyadmin and try and apply the patch line by line.

your error looks like that part of the sql patch has already been done

Did all that, the cart itself upgraded successfully to 3.5.3, and I used phpmyadmin, but the print_orders_seperated doesn't appear in the sql database which is why I don't understand what the prob is.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:10 PM

Ok, just tried applying the sql patch file without the first line (print_orders_seperated) and I still get the error:
Code:
Error SQL-query : INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ( 'send_notifications_to_provider', 'Send e-mail notifications about placed orders to providers who uploaded the purchased products (in addition to the orders department)', 'Y', 'Email', 60, 'checkbox', 'Y' ) MySQL said: #1062 - Duplicate entry 'send_notifications_to_provider' for key 1
So I am guessing maybe either I have a database config problem, or the x-cart team botched the sql commds...? Here is the contents of the sql patch file, can anyone offer some advice (the error happens no matter what line I try to insert)?
Code:
INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('print_orders_separated','Print order invoices on separated pages','N','Appearance',210,'checkbox','N'); INSERT INTO xcart_config VALUES ('send_notifications_to_provider','Send e-mail notifications about placed orders to providers who uploaded the purchased products (in addition to the orders department)','Y','Email',60,'checkbox','Y'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('DE','Unavailable product','err_product_disabled','Unavailable product','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('FR','Unavailable product','err_product_disabled','Unavailable product','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('SE','Unavailable product','err_product_disabled','Unavailable product','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','Unavailable product','err_product_disabled','Unavailable product','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('DE','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','err_product_disabled_msg','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('FR','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','err_product_disabled_msg','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('SE','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','err_product_disabled_msg','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','err_product_disabled_msg','This product is unavailable or temporary disabled.','Errors'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('DE','No matching products found','txt_no_products_found','No matching products found','Text'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('FR','No matching products found','txt_no_products_found','No matching products found','Text'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('SE','No matching products found','txt_no_products_found','No matching products found','Text'); INSERT INTO xcart_languages VALUES ('US','No matching products found','txt_no_products_found','No matching products found','Text'); UPDATE xcart_shipping SET intershipper_code='FES' WHERE shipping='FedEx Express Saver'; UPDATE xcart_shipping SET intershipper_code='' WHERE shipping='FedEx 3-Day Select'; UPDATE xcart_shipping SET shipping='Airborne 2nd Day', code='ARB', intershipper_code='A2D' WHERE shipping='Airborne Second Day Service'; UPDATE xcart_shipping SET shipping='Airborne Express', code='ARB' WHERE shipping='Airborne Express Service'; UPDATE xcart_shipping SET shipping='Airborne Next Afternoon', code='ARB', intershipper_code='ANA' WHERE shipping='Airborne Next Afternoon Service'; INSERT INTO xcart_shipping VALUES ('','Airborne Overnight','','L','ARB','103',710,'Y','AON',0.00,0); INSERT INTO xcart_shipping VALUES ('','Airborne Ground','','L','ARB','104',710,'Y','AGN',0.00,0);
Old 01-16-2004, 12:44 AM

Actually it would appear those entries do exist (didn't realise there were over 150 records in xcart_config, so at 50 per page no wonder I couldn't find it...

Is it possible that the sql patch was applied during the x-cart upgrade process...?
Old 01-16-2004, 05:59 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennM
Actually it would appear those entries do exist (didn't realise there were over 150 records in xcart_config, so at 50 per page no wonder I couldn't find it...

Is it possible that the sql patch was applied during the x-cart upgrade process...?

sounds like it.

if you want to be sure add the sql patch line by line, any that give a duplicate error are already there

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 01-16-2004, 01:59 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennM

sounds like it.

if you want to be sure add the sql patch line by line, any that give a duplicate error are already there

LOL I did the opposite of that... I deleted the SQL patch line by line until I got no more duplicates and it updated !
Old 01-16-2004, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john80y
LOL I did the opposite of that... I deleted the SQL patch line by line until I got no more duplicates and it updated !
So I am not the only one to have the problem with 3.5.2 to 3.5.3?
Old 01-17-2004, 05:22 PM

X-Adept

Definitly not... I had the EXACT same problem.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:59 PM

Thanks John, good to know it wasn't just me then.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:54 AM

Advanced Member

Wow, that was fast, just got the 3.5.2 finished . . . do they often come out that quickly? Very cool, I was worried about how long it would take until this version became "stable".

We're going to go live (knock on wood!) in a few days . . . I gave the order to my host to switch the domain name to the new site last night so as soon as she does we'll be tidying up and testing (closed for maintance notice on home page until that stuff is finished). Now I have one more thing to do.
MySQL client 3.23.49
Web server Apache/1.3.31 (Unix)
Operation system Linux
Perl 5.008
Old 01-21-2004, 08:54 AM

X-Guru

when running the 3.5.2 - 3.5.3 upgrade pack has anyone had a problem where once apply is pressed the screen flicks to a page that shows the files that will be upgraded and then go straight back to the apply upgrade page without doing anything ?

I had this happen on a site that had no problems updating other versions.

Ive tried this on other sites and had no problems too

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements