Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

3 column layout with thumbnail for Related Products

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 01-01-2008, 06:00 PM

eXpert

Default Re: 3 column layout with thumbnail for Related Products

Moondog
I used the mod for images for subcats and that works great thanks
but I tried this and it works except some of the thumbnail images are cut in half

I think it's something to do with this line

{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product_links[cat_num].productid
image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$product_links[cat_num].product
type="T"}

I'm working with 4.1.9

Thanks
Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 PM

Advanced Member

Hi Paul H,
Quote:
I tried this and it works except some of the thumbnail images are cut in half

I think it's something to do with this line

{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product_links[cat_num].productid
image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$product_links[cat_num].product
type="T"}

I've tested this mod in both v4.1.8 and v4.1.9 and I haven't encountered any problems with the images getting cut in half. And I've also verified the code that you think might be causing the problem, but I can't find anything wrong with that either.
Can you post a screenshot or a link so that I can see what it looks like. Maybe I can figure it out better what might be causing your problem.

- MoonDog -
Old 01-02-2008, 03:34 AM

eXpert

I investigated further and it seems there's something wrong with a few of my images.
I did a batch resize on all my thumbnails and they have picked up some suffixes
ie t_16138_01-01.jpg instead of t_16138.jpg . The thumb appears fine in the product but the related product image is called by some php script so maybe that's the problem.
I'm not that great with code and these "semi" problems give me big headaches.

So another great mod from Moondog !

Thanks

Paul
Old 01-04-2008, 07:17 AM

X-Adept

Hi, MoonDog,

I tried that. Some are actually tpls for Related Products and the last post, which is for the Recommends doesn't work on my site, nothing shows. I am not sure but it could be the version as it was made for 4.1.7 and I am running 4.1.9.

But the Related Products on my site look great! Thanks again!
Hosting by EWDHosting - The best home for your x-cart.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Advanced Member

Thanks MoonDog -- Worked great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Advanced Member

ramdial,
Great to see that it's working.

Acquamarina,
Quote:

...the Recommends doesn't work on my site, nothing shows.

I've posted the .tpl file for the Recommended Products on the other thread.
Just click on the link:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?p=198700#post198700

- MoonDog -
Old 04-28-2008, 11:37 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Hi Acquamarina,

Just replace your skin1/modules/Upselling_Products/related_products.tpl file with the file below. It works in v4.1.8 and v4.1.9

Code:
{* $Id: related_products.tpl,v 1.15 2005/12/07 14:07:32 max Exp $ *} {if $product_links ne ""} {capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} {if $product_links[cat_num].productid}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section} {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} {if %cat_num.first%} <table border=0 width="100%"> <tr> {/if} {if $smarty.section.cat_num.index is div by 3} </tr><tr valign="top"> {/if} <td width=33% align=center valign=top class="PListCell" style="border: 2px dashed #cccccc;"> <a href="product.php?productid={$product_links[cat_num].productid}" class="ItemsList">{$product_links[cat_num].product}</a><br /> <a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }"{if $config.Modules.upselling_new_window eq 'Y'} target="_blank"{/if}> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product_links[cat_num].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$product_links[cat_num].product type="T"}</a> <br /> <font class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$product_links[cat_num].price}</font> {if $product.taxes}<font class="ProductPriceVatRelated"> {include file="customer/main/taxed_price.tpl" taxes=$product.taxes}</font> </td> {/if} {if %cat_num.last%} </tr></table> {/if} {/section} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title="Related products" content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {else} {capture name=dialog} No related products. {/capture} {/if}

- MoonDog -

Hello Moondog..ive tried both your reccomended and related mods.....they setup well, yet images arent showing up....im thinking it may have somethign to do with my telifirmas image mod or perhaps the DSEFU mod........ is there anythign I can do to make this work?

thanks

1 - One page checkout
2 - Image Generator
3 - CSDEO Pro
4 - Shop By Price
5 - Next - Previous
6 - On Sale
7 - Shop By Price

8 - Froogle & Google Base Feed
9 - Buy Together
10 - Customer Loyalty Points
11 - Customer Reward Points
Customer Reward Points Referral Add-on
12 - Product Reviews
13 - Other Custom Modifications
----------------------
http://www.townsqjewelry.com/
http://www.eroticnights4u.com/ <---- Adult Oriented - Toys
Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN4U
Hello Moondog..ive tried both your reccomended and related mods.....they setup well, yet images arent showing up....im thinking it may have somethign to do with my telifirmas image mod or perhaps the DSEFU mod........ is there anythign I can do to make this work?

thanks

Well i Just heard back from John..he says the images not showing has nothing to do with his end.....

Does anyone know how to make these mods work??

1 - One page checkout
2 - Image Generator
3 - CSDEO Pro
4 - Shop By Price
5 - Next - Previous
6 - On Sale
7 - Shop By Price

8 - Froogle & Google Base Feed
9 - Buy Together
10 - Customer Loyalty Points
11 - Customer Reward Points
Customer Reward Points Referral Add-on
12 - Product Reviews
13 - Other Custom Modifications
----------------------
http://www.townsqjewelry.com/
http://www.eroticnights4u.com/ <---- Adult Oriented - Toys
Old 05-15-2008, 11:27 PM

EN4U, have you figure this out yet? I have the same problem on my 4.1.9 store. no images and I have DSEFU and the Telafirma image mod too.

Andrea

Xcart 4.3.2
Mac OSX 10.6.5
EWD Hosting
Mailchimp Mod, On Sale,
One Page Checkout, Mobile
Old 05-20-2008, 07:30 PM

X-Man

On a related note, how can I show 3,and only 3, regardless of how many related items I have?

Here is my related_products.tpl, and it works like a champ (in 4.1.8, but should work in newer versions also) except for the limit I want. What do I change?
Code:
{* $Id: related_products.tpl,v 1.15 2005/12/07 14:07:32 max Exp $ *} {if $product_links ne ""} {capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} {if $product_links[cat_num].productid}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section} {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} { if %cat_num.first% } <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tr> {/if} {if $smarty.section.cat_num.index is div by 3} </tr><tr valign="top"> {/if} <td width=33% align=center valign=top class="PListCell";> <a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }" class="ItemsList" {if $config.Modules.upselling_new_window eq 'Y'} target="_blank"{/if}>{$product_links[cat_num].product}</a> <br /> <a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }"> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product_links[cat_num].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$product_links[cat_num].product type="T"}</a> <br /> <font class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$product_links[cat_num].price}</font> </td> { if %cat_num.last% } </tr></table> {/if} {/section} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title="Related products" content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if}

BTW, to the person that wanted the price to be linked, just replicate the links to the "title" and the image. I just chose not to do that.
Code:
<a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$product_links[cat_num].price}</a>
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions