Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Websitecm?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 AM

Default Websitecm?

3 days ago we spent ё120 on an xcart blogging module from a 'module company' called WebsiteCM -http://www.websitecm.com

Still not received an activation code for the module or any answer to the several emails I've sent them, asking about it.

Incredibly, i've just noticed this company appears in the above list of recommended vendors...

I was so sure that I had just fallen for a scam and been ripped off that I was about to contact my bank and see if they could help me get my money back.

Before I do can anyone here vouch for this being a 'real' company? (though given they can't provide a product or any customer service the word 'company' would seem a rather generous if not entirely misleading description).

And can anyone recommend a company who CAN deliver a blog module for xcart ?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:03 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: Websitecm - real company or scam?

Hey jodaki,

Jon has been around for quite a long time, you may find the below thread of interest

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67124
Old 06-20-2013, 05:49 AM

X-Man

Such of situation really affects XC image. I am sorry for that.

Qualiteam has an extra product for mixing Wordpress with X-Cart. Very good and it could be improved. Unfortunately it is an extra, not a module. Its cost is very expensive for now. Hope QT will release it as a module in the near future.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Jon has been around for quite a long time, you may find the below thread of interest
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67124

Gosh well I had no idea - I have only had my experiences to go on.

Anyway I tried the key download function again just now, and found that someone has fixed it so at last I can see how the module works.

Still no reply from websitecm though.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM

X-Man

what about a phone call?
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 PM

X-Guru

Hello,

I am the sole owner operator of WebsiteCM and am currently working through high volume, for that reason I have publicly posted that support tickets can take up to 96 hours for resolution. I realize that long-term this is too long a delay in the fast pace of the Internet and am actively taking steps to improve this over the next 1-2 months.

My internet provider (Shaw communications) was experiencing network issues last night and I was having difficulty connecting to the admin and support desks due to packet loss, but with much patience I was able to login to your account and test the download link and it did work for me. I then added your secondary domain on your license. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the support desk to load however to provide you an update.

I would very much appreciate if you could please provide more details as to the error you were receiving when trying to download, and the frequency at which you tried to download, so that I can assure this does not happen in the future.

I apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
what about a phone call?
There isn't one.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 AM

Hi Jon,
Here is the support ticket I posted on your site with details of the error (17/6/13 2:31 local time):

...there is a server error now downloading my key... Clicking on the key icon generates the following server error:

"We're sorry, but it seems we're having difficulty sending you that file. If the problem continues, please contact us for assistance."

As I say, it suddenly started working yesterday, so I have a key now. I'm still angry at the experience of being ignored for so long however, especially after paying in good faith - really not good dude.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:20 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
Such of situation really affects XC image. I am sorry for that.

Qualiteam has an extra product for mixing Wordpress with X-Cart. Very good and it could be improved. Unfortunately it is an extra, not a module. Its cost is very expensive for now. Hope QT will release it as a module in the near future.

Here is a free wordpress integration:

http://www.arscommunity.com/wiki/articles/x-cart-wordpress-integration
Dedicated SSL

The following user thanks philrisk for this useful post:
PhilJ (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 08:47 AM

Hi Jon,

This post relates to websitecm account #12298

Our set up requires three domains on the license:

1. local development server
2. staging server, for public testing prior to going live
3. live domain

Because you only allow two domains I have just tried to switch the local dev and staging addresses in the license. However there was no warning prior to doing so that you require 24hrs to make the changes. This is completely untenable for us as our client is expecting to see the site in the next few hours - therefore I have had no choice but to remove your software from the staging version for now - unless of course we want our client to see your website instead of their own when they come to preview it.

Your protection policy has put us in the embarrassing and utterly needless position of
1. not being able to show our client something we promised them; and
2. having 24 hours downtime every time we make changes between the development and staging servers.

Can you see how frustrating this is and how amateur this makes us look?

So, if pretty much all development companies require IP-tied licenses to work with a minimum of three server locations, why is your software tied to 2? What can't we use 3?

The only situation someone would require 2 server locations is if:
1. they hosted their own live servers (ie. they were an ISP)
2. they actually developed on a remote server across a broadband connection. which in 18 years of web development I have never heard of.
3. clients didn't want to see a site before it went live.

In EVERY other situation, there would be a minimum of 3 servers.

Anyway, I don't know why I am writing a support ticket on your website. I have written three previously in the last 5 days and you have replied to none of them. I will put this on the xcart forum, as you seem to check that more frequently.

So, please can you either add three domains to your key file or please ignore the change request submitted just now, as if it goes through I will lose yet another day waiting for it to revert back to the development server.

Life should be easier than this....
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4