X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
Why not just make the x-connector available for the other X-Cart versions under 4.X.X?
Surely that level of support would be the least that is expected for the "world's best shopping cart".

I know many people / companies, are just not keen to let any 3rd party programmers into their servers (including QT) - why force people to take this approach (when you could just provide the connector for them to use)?

Cheers - Asiaplay

It's obviously technically possible to release a connector for any given version of X-Cart. However, it was not originally planned to release connectors for versions prior to 4.3.

Keeping in mind "we don't want to upgrade" customer feedback, we decided to make it possible to add X-Payments to previous versions of X-Cart.
But these versions differ a lot, even from 4.3.

We could create a lot of different sub-versions of connector, then provide a lot of warranty support to the ones who installed it and discovered that it did not quite fit their particular store. But that approach would surely make X-Payments budget jump to the skies.

So, we have a free connector available for 4.3. We have a free connector bundled with 4.4.
And for versions below 4.3 we provide connectors as a custom service, priced comparable with an oil change for a car.

Twitter: @aznakai

Last edited by rrf : 06-29-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:50 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrf
... So, we're only offering connectors for versions below 4.3 as a $75 service.

So I take it the connector is not under PCI Compliance i.e. we can take the code from the V4.3.X one and ammend it ourselves and still stay PCI software compliant for X-Payments?

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaplay
So I take it the connector is not under PCI Compliance i.e. we can take the code from the V4.3.X one and ammend it ourselves and still stay PCI software compliant for X-Payments?

Cheers - Asiaplay

Yes, that's true. You can take DIY approach and modify 4.3 connector for your older store yourself. You don't have to order the service and PA DSS standard does not apply to the connector.

Twitter: @aznakai

Last edited by rrf : 06-30-2010 at 12:14 AM.

The following user thanks rrf for this useful post:
Asiaplay (06-30-2010)
Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 AM

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrf
Yes, that's true. You can take DIY approach and modify 4.3 connector for your older store yourself. You don't have to order the service and PA DSS standard does not apply to the connector.

In that case why not release the connector for versions pre-4.3.x without warranty of any kind? Make it clear that anyone wanting to use it assumes all the risks and liability. Just release it for stock xcart version. It will be a lot easier to modify stock 4.2.x or 4.1.x connector then make the 4.3.x to fit into earlier versions.

Also I understand your point and that right now is not in your hands when QSA will approve X-Payments but I think you started to address the issue way too late. PA DSS standard is not 6 months old. It's more like 1.5 - 2 years but no one was working on a solution. You should have started with 4.2.x and not with 4.4 to seriously address this.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:08 AM

eXpert

The issue is not entirely the connector. It's that we need to use one in the first place to go off site. This was not what I was told months ago when i asked if my cart would remain the same. As for the comment as , "There's not a single solution with one time fee on market that would provide PA DSS compliance at a cost measured in something other that THOUSANDS of USD."

My other cart that i wont mention here not to ruffle feathers has made there cart compliant for there customers and didn't cost me a thing NOR do i have to trick my customers by skinning a site that looks like checkout. I understand you want to try to make your investment back, but this is not what we were told would be the case. Skinning, setup fees, yadda yadda.... Smoke and mirrors, principals broken, this band aid sucks and everyone who actually has the stones to stand up and say so I will be there to applaud.

Off-site merchants who solely rely on that principal will be doing there site a HUGE injustice as not everyone agrees with leaving the site. You may think people are stuiped and will believe some skinned out design is the same site they landed on, but i don't and respectfully will not try to lie to them. There are solutions out there that don't expect us to lie to our customers.

And for the record, The last 2 days now have sickened me on the anger level I feel. Since day one i have stood bye Xcart and and even opened up 2 of my stores with this platform.

1 - One page checkout
2 - Image Generator
3 - CSDEO Pro
4 - Shop By Price
5 - Next - Previous
6 - On Sale
7 - Shop By Price

8 - Froogle & Google Base Feed
9 - Buy Together
10 - Customer Loyalty Points
11 - Customer Reward Points
Customer Reward Points Referral Add-on
12 - Product Reviews
13 - Other Custom Modifications
----------------------
http://www.townsqjewelry.com/
http://www.eroticnights4u.com/ <---- Adult Oriented - Toys
Old 06-30-2010, 04:53 AM

Veteran

Dan, there is no conspiracy or 'ploy' here. Yes, it has been handled poorly and you have a right to be angry - but baseless accusations and calling BS isn't necessary and isn't helping anyone get through this.

X-Payments doesn't send you off site, it simply adds another step to the checkout. The reason for X-Payments is that it would have been next to impossible for Qualiteam to make every prior version of their software compliant - both from a financial standpoint and a labor standpoint. The idea was a good one, it was just not executed well.

The following 4 users thank balinor for this useful post:
ambal (06-30-2010), eddy (06-30-2010), Emerson (06-30-2010), JazzyJeff (07-01-2010)
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
Dan, there is no conspiracy or 'ploy' here. Yes, it has been handled poorly and you have a right to be angry - but baseless accusations and calling BS isn't necessary and isn't helping anyone get through this.

X-Payments doesn't send you off site, it simply adds another step to the checkout. The reason for X-Payments is that it would have been next to impossible for Qualiteam to make every prior version of their software compliant - both from a financial standpoint and a labor standpoint. The idea was a good one, it was just not executed well.

If my tone is off im sorry. But i'm glad you know where im coming from. The choice of "ploy' to me is valid because when i asked how this was going to transpire, i , we were told one thing and it ended up differently. When I asked my questions a month or so ago, that was my "OUT" time, which I didn't pursue based on the verbage being laid out. today, that "OUT" time is over and I suspect like myself people will be scrambling to find alternative solutions or to re-look there situation. It is within this my anger stems.

1 - One page checkout
2 - Image Generator
3 - CSDEO Pro
4 - Shop By Price
5 - Next - Previous
6 - On Sale
7 - Shop By Price

9 - Buy Together
12 - Product Reviews
13 - Other Custom Modifications
----------------------
http://www.townsqjewelry.com/
http://www.eroticnights4u.com/ <---- Adult Oriented - Toys
Old 06-30-2010, 05:51 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by balinor
... X-Payments doesn't send you off site, it simply adds another step to the checkout. The reason for X-Payments is that it would have been next to impossible for Qualiteam to make every prior version of their software compliant - both from a financial standpoint and a labor standpoint. The idea was a good one, it was just not executed well.

It does send one off-site if they use too many domains on the same database (over the some how dreamt up magic 10 domains - which can just be language domains, does not have to be multiple stores). The design is also presently one domain takes all the payments for the others - a lot of custom work is needed (and also payment for the X-Payments itself for anyone does SEO seriously and deals in a few countries... and for anyone new who signs up the cart price just jumped).

Personally I see this and the charge of 300++ per extra language / country focus I will add after 10 to make it just not worth it.
In my mind, this should have been a cost that QT sucked up to stay in business - especially given what I know they have earnt in custom programming over even one year etc.

So yes, there is a lot of reason for people to be annoyed and I personally don't find comments anyone makes on this offensive anymore - something needs to get sorted out (in-frame so works with OPC and not so becomes an add-on charge everytime one adds a store or in my case language/country, connector that works for all versions, not a limitation on the number of domains per store or even licensing being apart of X-Payments).

Really if this is not changed, a lot of us will be looking at alternatives quickly (especially those who make a living from store development for customers or went open source in the first place to open more shops and not have to pay pay pay excessively everytime).
So the only sensible option at the moment for many is deal with payment gateways for which X-Payments can be totally ignored (but in reality, I suspect in time, the option of doing this will disappear and we the cost will be borne or one will have to jump ship).

Cheers - Asiaplay

PS: the only reason I am not swearing (and I never do here as people know) is as I don't have to use X-Payments at the moment with out payment gateway... otherwise I would be making peoples hair stand... and yes, I hope QT management are listening and decide to reverse the silly approach in terms of method and charges (especially now they are fully aware that their competitors are).
Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Advanced Member

Anyone still waiting on a solution from QT, is a fool, IMO. I understand that many of you are tied to them as developers with hundreds of clients and hundreds of stores, but let's be serious. This is BUSINESS and the way this has gone down, is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

Some of us own sites that do 6 figures per month. There are huge monies involved here and all we get are excuses and promises, none of which are accurate or believable at this point.

Not to mention the supposed "solution" is so badly documented it is embarrassing to say the least and if we were to some how miraculously get it implemented it would probably result in major drops in conversions, which in many cases is thousands and thousands of dollars EVERY month!

The following user thanks dpm for this useful post:
EN4U (06-30-2010)
Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm
Anyone still waiting on a solution from QT, is a fool, IMO. I understand that many of you are tied to them as developers with hundreds of clients and hundreds of stores, but let's be serious. This is BUSINESS and the way this has gone down, is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

Some of us own sites that do 6 figures per month. There are huge monies involved here and all we get are excuses and promises, none of which are accurate or believable at this point.

Not to mention the supposed "solution" is so badly documented it is embarrassing to say the least and if we were to some how miraculously get it implemented it would probably result in major drops in conversions, which in many cases is thousands and thousands of dollars EVERY month!

I'm glad im not the only vocal one about this debacle. Well said. More need to step up to the plate like this and say it the way it is. They want to sugar coat this Joke to save face. If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, it's a fricken turd!!!

1 - One page checkout
2 - Image Generator
3 - CSDEO Pro
4 - Shop By Price
5 - Next - Previous
6 - On Sale
7 - Shop By Price

9 - Buy Together