Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 08-17-2016, 07:44 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

Thanks Max. I saw this feature on the last 5.3.x upgrade I did on my test store.
This is only half way though. There is no access to changelog files once module is installed/updated. Is this planned to be coded as well?
Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM

Veteran

Default Re: Double release: 5.3.1 and 5.2.16, XC4 to XC5 Migration Wizard, New Developer Portal

Apart from what is mentioned here - http://devs.x-cart.com/en/migration_guides/updating_modules_from_5.2_to_5.3_branch.html - I found more non-documented differences which are important.

Using
Code:
@Decorator\Depend({'a'})
or
Code:
@Decorator\Depend('a')
triggers syntax error. It looks like the correct format is
Code:
@Decorator\Depend("a")
when only one dependent module is listed.

Different widget param types have Type in front now so the old string for example
Code:
\XLite\Model\WidgetParam\String
must be changed to
Code:
\XLite\Model\WidgetParam\TypeString
same applies to the other types

Converting the modules from 5.2.x to 5.3.x is not an easy task as it turns out. Lots of core changes. I wonder by the time 5.3.x is actually released to merchants how much more will change and all work we do now will have to repeat.... So far not so good experience.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:54 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Thanks Max. I saw this feature on the last 5.3.x upgrade I did on my test store.
This is only half way though. There is no access to changelog files once module is installed/updated. Is this planned to be coded as well?

I see. We will implement the "what's new" link to the installed modules section in next versions

The following user thanks xim for this useful post:
cflsystems (08-19-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 01:16 PM

Advanced Member

can someone please help me understand where we currently are at in this?

i have been told by a client that he could only access a link to the "latest version", being 5.3.x....and cannot find any 5.2.16 zip link...

...yet in xc admincp we recently saw the 5.2.16 and module upgrades as well to go with...

i feel there must be an oversight somewhere as you have discussed giving ppl the option when to jump to 5.3 and indeed even for test purposes those files must be availible somewhere...

furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..
Old 08-22-2016, 02:09 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
...furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..
https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=74317 asks a similar question (specifically in post #10) but no official answer yet...
Old 08-23-2016, 03:36 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
can someone please help me understand where we currently are at in this?

i have been told by a client that he could only access a link to the "latest version", being 5.3.x....and cannot find any 5.2.16 zip link...

...yet in xc admincp we recently saw the 5.2.16 and module upgrades as well to go with...

i feel there must be an oversight somewhere as you have discussed giving ppl the option when to jump to 5.3 and indeed even for test purposes those files must be availible somewhere...

furthermore, we have considered just using those 5.3.1 files but having not seen them in admincp could suggests it is not quite ready and/or some developers may not have upgraded their modules etc so naturally there is a hesitation..

All the modules from X-Cart core team are adapted to 5.3.x. At the moment we are working on the adaptation for paid modules from Qualiteam and working with 3d party developers to adapt their extensions to new branch.

In 5.3.1.3 version we will add the "Request an upgrade" button to the admin CP, so merchants will be able to follow up developers to adapt modules to the new branch

Triple A Racing (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016, 12:34 PM

Advanced Member

ok thank you that is interesting to know, but where can a customer get a licensed copy of 5.2.16 files i still dont see those anywhere
Old 08-24-2016, 03:41 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
ok thank you that is interesting to know, but where can a customer get a licensed copy of 5.2.16 files i still dont see those anywhere

Please, contact our managers via HelpDesk. We will provide you with the archive
Old 08-24-2016, 03:42 AM

X-Cart team

We've just updated the article how to adapt custom mods from 52 to 53:
http://devs.x-cart.com/en/migration_guides/updating_modules_from_5.2_to_5.3_branch.html

totaltec (08-24-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:08 AM

Veteran

Max the document mixes RU and EN in few places
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements