New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 09-25-2012, 07:27 AM

X-Cart team

Arrow New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Hi Everyone,

Please read our blog post at
http://www.x-cart.com/new-product-line-and-4.5.3-released.html

I want to note that this is re-packaging of our existing X-Cart code and extension into new four editions. We used our the most popular modules and "extras" to build new X-Cart product line that suits our customers' requirements much better than "X-Cart GOLD vs X-Cart PRO".

FAQs:

0) Is this "X-Cart 5"?

No, this is not "X-Cart 5" called X-Cart Next now. We re-packaged our existing X-Cart code and the most popular X-Cart extensions into four new editions/packages to meet our customers needs&expectations better. This is not a new development of X-Cart. It is re-packaging. We continue to develop X-Cart Next.

1) NFR licenses for Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules -

Please contact us using your HelpDesk accounts and let us know your existing X-Cart GOLD and PRO licenses where you need these modules.
As we promised we will give such module licenses free of charge to any X-Cart GOLD or PRO license existed before Sept. 25th 2012.

2) I have a PRO license, will I get Platinum one free of charge?

No, I fear you won't be able to upgrade your PRO license to Platinum one free of charge. Such upgrade costs $500. See http://www.x-cart.com/license-upgrades.html

3) Does this mean my PRO stops working now?

No, Your X-Cart PRO store will continue to work. Also, we will provide updates for your PRO software during a year ahead.

4) I want to buy an X-Cart PRO license.

You can do that before October 25th 2012. Contact our sales using your HelpDesk account for an invoice.

5) I have a Pro license I want to upgrade to Gold Plus. How do I go about it?

Contact our sales using your HelpDesk account. Such exchange is free of charge.

6) how does current licenses compare to the new ones? Old Gold license = new Gold or Gold Plus?

Old GOLD is the new GOLD except Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) and Feature Comparison modules that are in Platinum edition now.
GOLD Plus is much improved old GOLD with many popular X-Cart extensions included in core software out of the box.
Platinum is our solution for large businesses. It is not just more expensive PRO. It comes with many X-Cart extensions out of the box (more than GOLD Plus has) and 1yr of support + installation service.
Go with Enterprise if you have a very big project.

7) I have an X-Cart Gold license and bought a lot of modules that are in Gold Plus now. Can I get GOLD Plus free of charge?

If you are within our 30 days moneyback policy for your module purchases - contact us using your HelpDesk account regarding exchange for Gold to Gold Plus upgrade.
X-Payments product manager

Last edited by ambal : 09-28-2012 at 01:00 AM.

The following 8 users thank ambal for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-25-2012), cflsystems (09-25-2012), chamberinternet (09-26-2012), Emerson (09-25-2012), Ene (09-25-2012), flyclothing (09-25-2012), qualiteam (09-25-2012), rocky (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: New X-Cart product line and new X-Cart v4.5.3 released

Sorry folks, I removed my own and Carrie's threads accidentally. My brain is playing joke with me after 10 hours of releasing everything.

Last edited by ambal : 09-26-2012 at 03:31 AM.

The following 2 users thank ambal for this useful post:
ADDISON (09-25-2012), totaltec (09-25-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:29 AM

X-Cart team

> how do I tell my customer they need to pay another $1,304 for pro/platinum now?

You can buy X-Cart PRO licenses till October 25th 2012.
At $491 as usual.

X-Cart team

> What do you mean by "New X-Cart PRO licenses can be purchased till October 25th
> 2012 and after that we stop selling X-Cart PRO completely."

This means we stop selling X-Cart PRO licenses after October 25th 2012. In order to buy it you need to contact our sales for an invoice.

Advanced Member

Can you please tell me if the below is fixed in the new version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowstar
I tested PayPal Advanced. It works but the check out process is cumbersome and does not look professional - the Iframe takes you to another page just to enter only credit card numbers. If I was a customer on a website and saw this I would cancel delete every thing and close my browser.

Running version: 4.5.5

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambal
My brain is playing joke with me after 10 hours of releasing everything.
I can imagine that is the case! You all have done a truly major overhaul and must be tired. Get some sleep!
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 AM

X-Cart team

> Do I wait for them to create an invoice then from my ticket?

Yes, just contact us for invoice on X-Cart PRO.
We are going to sell PRO till October 25th 2012. Then no new sales of PRO.

Also, Feature Comparison and Product Configurator (aka X-Configurator) modules will be available free of charge to all our existing customers (all licenses) who purchased an X-Cart GOLD or PRO license before September 25th 2012.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM

Veteran

Congrats Alex. I really like the new site. Looks great

Question though - move if necessary: how does current licenses compare to the new ones? Current Gold license = new Gold or Gold Plus?

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
ambal (09-26-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 AM

X-Man

So I have to repost my message

Great Job QT, it came the time to change your look and feel. A new website, new packages. You increased the Gold license price a little bit, hope this is for a good cause. For what Gold offers it's still cheap in my opinion. I remember I bought a Gold licenses + All modules which now are free + SNS = 1000 USD a few years ago.

Hope you can deal upgrading 4 versions of XC4, you know upgrade process is a nightmare.

For $395 Gold+ license you offer lots of great features: X-ProductNotification, X-HotProducts, Banners, Currency.

As an observation X-ProductNotifications module is not mentioned as feature for Gold+ on this page: http://www.x-cart.com/compare-features.html. But appears included here: http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/modules/product-notifications.html

Hope in the near future we will get a filtering module, a free access for using CloudSearch and one of the most requested features - for Wholesales please include percentage feature together with amount. I hate to calculate wholesales based only on Amount. Who had this stupid idea to split them needs a cheese bullet in teeth - just joking .
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com

The following user thanks ADDISON for this useful post:
ambal (09-26-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM

X-Man

Hey Alex,

Congrats on the relaunch. It's going to be a tough upsell for our customers also to encourage them into the Platinum branch versus changing carts, but time will tell.

I am curious about the Version 5 of X-Cart that was long in disucssion. Is that still in the works, or is the new packaging going to replace any of that?

On the comparison page for the pricing, it says that the Gold has "all essential features" and the Plus has "best extensions" - can you be a little more clear on what exactly that means?

With the launch of the new versions, do you anticipate much fallout from modules that were developed by other persons?

Also, side note - please place a PCI COMPLIANT notice on your comparison page. Users are always looking for that. While it's mentioned in press releases, it's not on the website (currently)
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance

The following user thanks bigredseo for this useful post:
ambal (09-26-2012)
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements