Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDN or Cloudflare

X-Cart forums > Forum archive > Using X-Cart in my project > Need advice

Old 04-24-2012, 03:57 AM

X-Adept

Question CDN or Cloudflare

Hi all i have been looking into MaxCDN but seems there are still a few problems relating to the https and css/java speedup

I heard of something called cloudflare and thought id look closer my only issue so far is i don't wish to change my dns away from my host to point to there's, not been very knowledgeable in this stuff
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience good or bad with cloudflare, don't wish to signup to find i am having loads of trouble....Thanks for any advice.

X-cart - X-PDF

Altered Cart - Checkout one
Old 04-24-2012, 05:49 AM

Default Re: CDN or Cloudflare

I recently switched over to cloudflare myself - the price is awfully hard to beat, and I have seen noted improvements in the overall "snappiness" of my website, and my load speeds through various testing have gone up as well.

Yes, moving your DNS records to point to them as the nameserver is a little nerve-wracking, but it went completely smoothly for me. I did opt to spend the $20 a month for the "pro" level of the service, largely because I think it is necessary in order to get proper end-to-end SSL which I considered to be essential. And I really like the fact I didn't have to change any coding on my site whatsoever to benefit from the speed improvements.

Also important to note is the security component of their service, where they block spammers and other nefarious characters from your site - you can of course turn that off if you don't want it, but I personally appreciate the service.

So yes, I'm a big fan.

The following user thanks Mark N for this useful post:
totaltec (04-25-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 09:22 AM

X-Adept

Hi Mark thanks for your feedback nice to know its working for you, i did think about trying the free level first then if i was happy moving to the $20 month service, and like you say help getting rid of these spammers is a great tool...thanks Dean

X-cart - X-PDF

Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 AM

X-Guru

I've never used Cloudflare personally, but my friends at Hard Hat hosting have been telling me nothing but good things about it.

Thanks for sharing your experience Mark.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.

The following user thanks totaltec for this useful post:
kevfromwiganinlancashire (02-23-2013)
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM

X-Adept

Hi Mike

Thanks for your feedback think now what i am going to do is speak with my host and as long as there isn't any outlining problems with them doing this then i may go for it.

I don't suppose you have the url of a site using their system do you, obviously no test orders just want to test the speed..

Many thanks

X-cart - X-PDF

Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 AM

X-Guru

Unfortunately I don't have a link to an X-cart site using it. I would be interested to see one as well.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM

a1deano,

Sent you a PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:58 PM

X-Man

I've read great things on CloudFlare in the past and just the Security mitigation for dDOS attacks and things like that are well worth the $20/month. I've never used it, I'm still using MaxCDN, but I do remember looking at CloudFlare in the past and liking what they had to say.
Omaha SEO Office with National & Local SEO Services
Hourly Consulting - great for SEO Disaster Recovery, Audits and DIY Guidance
Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 AM

X-Adept

Ive just tried the free version for my wife's site as were still setting this up, done this last night but whether ive gotta wait for my site to propagation, sites up but not showing correct just seem to have word and links no images what so ever...have contacted them to see what they say..

X-cart - X-PDF

Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1deano
Ive just tried the free version for my wife's site as were still setting this up, done this last night but whether ive gotta wait for my site to propagation, sites up but not showing correct just seem to have word and links no images what so ever...have contacted them to see what they say..

I had the same type problem, after about 24-hours, images and CSS stopped loading. Moved back to my DNS servers and never looked back, let me know what you find.
   X-Cart forums > Forum archive > Using X-Cart in my project > Need advice