Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart 4.3 beta testing

I would like to print a product using the Printable version link. It should be open in a new window, without the form activated. If I click the Add to cart button it add product to my shopping cart.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Thank you for your decision on ProxyPay3 and Deltapay.
Greek market, X-Cart is back!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:10 AM

X-Cart team

Dear customers,

X-Cart 4.3.0 beta 2 has been released. You can find it in the File area of your Help Desk. The changelog between beta 1 and beta 2 versions is included into the distribution kit.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:48 AM

X-Man

[X-Cart 4.3.0 Beta 2] Is it something wrong with the installation script? It gives me an error when trying to install a new fresh version.

"Wrong auth code! You can not proceed."
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2003
[X-Cart 4.3.0 Beta 2] Is it something wrong with the installation script? It gives me an error when trying to install a new fresh version.

You see, when you install X-Cart for the first time, the installation script should not ask for the auth code. Therefore, I presume you are trying to install X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2 to the same directory where X-Cart 4.3.Beta-1 is installed and simply overwrite the existing files and directories. If so, the solution would be to install X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2 to an empty directory.

If you keep getting the same error when installing X-Cart 4.3 Beta-2 to an empty directory, please submit the issue to the bug-tracking system at https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/ . And we will investigate the issue in more detail then.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:26 AM

X-Adept

From my understanding of this you have to do a fresh install of 4.3 beta.

If this is the case why is there a file in the distribution package called upgrade.readme that is from 2003????
Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Why the installation script is not able to create a database? If database already exists, use it. If not create it.

We have added this into X-Cart 4.3 Beta 2. Thank you.
We are also considering other improvements you have posted.

The following user thanks radionov for this useful post:
am2003 (07-10-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM

X-Adept

Just curious.......Has the product import process been improved in 4.3 released? Or is it still the same as the 4.1.x platform? Is there any plan to improve this product import going forward?

I found it very hard to manage with the current product import process. The template file is broken down into several different sections such as [PRODUCTS], [DETAILED_IMAGES], [PRODUCT_OPTIONS], [PRODUCT_VARIANTS] and then so on...

Why can't we just use as many columns headers as needed inteads? With the current import template layout right now, you can not cut & paste or move a column around because that same column would impact other sections inside that same file.

For example, column "D" is used for !WEIGHT in the [PRODUCTS] section. But this same "D" column is also being used for !CLASSID in [PRODUCT_OPTIONS] section and !IMAGE in the [DETAILED_IMAGES] section. Each time you to need to move a column around, you need to find out where starts and ends in each section. That is a nightmare when your import file contains several thousand of lines.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:28 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgarb
I think you need to be careful with using AJAX and avoiding using it for it's own sake. The cart update happens so fast that most users won't realise that something happened when they clicked the button.

An improvement might be something like the image below, where text appears to show when the item has been added. This would work really well in pages that have a lot of items that are usually bought in quantity like nuts and bolts or sweets.

The appearance of a remove item button next to the add item would also make a good visual indication that a product had been added. Again on a page with a lot of items normally bought in quantity this might suit someone that has a budget and is adding and removing to reach that price.

Thank you! We are considering your suggestion.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:58 AM

X-Man

Quote:

Still have the problem with installation of 4.3.0 Beta 2.

I went futher on this. I opened the install.php and commented the line 599:
#$critical_error = "wrong_auth_code";

Doing this, I could cheat the installation script. I was able to install the software. I checked also the config.php file and the installation script changed the authorization code from $license = "%License%" to $license ='076E1B39'.

QT please check how the install.php gets and uses the $auth_code_error variable. This is the problem. I did not have any problems installing Beta 1.

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements