Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Shipping Methods per Product by BCSE with 4.1.8

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Shipping Methods per Product by BCSE with 4.1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsybte
Thank you, ranger82nd. The problem is actually that the USPS server is down (http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=44107&highlight=real+time+shippin g) right now. Instead of just telling customers that, it tells them that there are no shipping methods available. I had some orders this morning and even made USPS labels through PayPal, but I've lost a few customers in the last hour because of this problem. At first, I didn't no what was going on. My store has been set up this way and working fine for over a year. I started thinking it might be the USPS server and, sure enough, I find several others here having the same exact problem. When I tried testing real-time rates, I received a server error message. I can't believe the USPS would let this happen and not fix it right away or have a backup system. They're costing me customers. These people are going to think my store is messed up and never come back. They're anonymous so I can't contact them to let them know. I guess I'll just have to put the site in maintenance mode for now so hopefully people will return later.
OK...
Just wanted to let you know, there was a problem. Coincidentally enough, I was reading that thread when I came across this one and saw your site.
Leave it to the USPS
Old 02-16-2013, 10:31 PM

NEED HELP with this product. I am a REAL Newbie to some of this. I am trying to find better documentation. I have some products that can be shipped media mail and others that cannot. I cannot seem to locate anything which tells me how to include/exclude certain products.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ADF Store
NEED HELP with this product. I am a REAL Newbie to some of this. I am trying to find better documentation. I have some products that can be shipped media mail and others that cannot. I cannot seem to locate anything which tells me how to include/exclude certain products.

Did you actually purchase this mod from BCSE? Out of the box, X-Cart does not have the capability to assign shipping methods to products. I have the same situation in my store--some products that be shipped MM and others that cannot. So I purchased this mod and it works great. Once installed, it will allow you to assign shipping methods to products individually or to entire categories.

The price is very resaonable and the mod can be found here: http://www.bcsengineering.com/store/shipping-methods_per_product-for-x-cart.html.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM

Yep, I purchased it. I have the Shipping Tool but it doesn't show my products under the categories so I can select which shipping methods for them to use.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM

So our web guy looked at the files for this product and he states that the query of product.names is no longer with the 4.5 x-cart upgrade. I believe that's what he said, he's emailing me exactly what is wrong so hopefully when/if someone from BCS contacts me I'll be able to intelligently inform them of where the problem is.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ADF Store
So our web guy looked at the files for this product and he states that the query of product.names is no longer with the 4.5 x-cart upgrade. I believe that's what he said, he's emailing me exactly what is wrong so hopefully when/if someone from BCS contacts me I'll be able to intelligently inform them of where the problem is.

BCS has pretty good support and they allow access to updates for (I think) 3 months after purchase.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM

Our web person found out what was wrong and it's fixed now. YAY!!!!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4